News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Camping With A Cat

Started by whiteshadow, Feb 07, 2010, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteshadow

We camp in a 12 ft  popup and I would like to think about getting a cat for a pet. We are concerned if the cat can be kept cool enough inthe summer without running the air while we are gone for most of a day to sitesee. The window under the awning could be left down but it still gets very hot in Ill.in the summer. We leave the other flaps up in case of rain. How much can a cat take? I have only seen one popup camper with a cat at a campground and they left all flaps down and said they never worried about it raining in. What doother cat owners do?

Thanks for any help!

dkutz

My wife would love to bring one of our cats camping, but I am concerned about him clawing at the screen of the pup.  So I don't know...

themays5

I am a cat lover and we are a cat family, we love our kitty Gracie. Cats are very independent animals. If you were staying with your cat the whole time, I would say try it out. I would NEVER recommend leaving your cat alone in the camper to go away for the day. Camper's get VERY hot, even with one window down. We leave our cat at home for our 2-4 day trips. She has a big bowl of ice water, a big bowl of dry cat food, and a nice climate controlled house. If it's longer then that, I have someone come and check on her every couple of days.

JMHO,
The May Family
:U