News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Fires

Started by Nick, Oct 27, 2003, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hey, just wanted to ask everyone to keep some of my family in your prayers.  One of my Uncle, Aunt and my cousin and his family live in Poway near San Diego.  Last I heard this morning the officials were getting ready to evac my cousin and my Uncle could see the fire from his house.  He is a pastor of a small church in Poway and they had to cancel services yesterday because of the fires.  Several in their congregation lost homes.

Calstate361

Sorry to hear that and hope they don't loose their home and church also.  We will most certainly keep them, and all the folks going through this terrible mess, in our prayers.

Joan

Nick

Just got some good news.  The fire turned away from their area.:)

RTurner

Quote from: NickJust got some good news.  The fire turned away from their area.:)

Would there be anything the other families in their congregation could use?  Baby stuff etc.  If so, email me as I have oodles of little girl stuff and it would be nice to give to those most needing it.

Red neff Barchetta

Mike,
Glad to hear they are out of danger.
What a mess down there!  Amy's parents live in San Diego (just recently moved back from Las Vegas).  They are fine at the moment.
How about the grocery workers still creating picket lines at the grocery stores and giving people a hard time for shopping there.  They are just trying to buy supplies for those that have lost everything.

Another concern we have is for the animals at the Zoo & Wild Animal Park.
It's not their fault humans don't clear brush and build deeper and deeper into the hills creating a perfect tinder box.

6Quigs

Cough,
Cough,
Greetings from smokey San Diego!!
Monday morning I flew down here for a the week for work.
Sunday, I spent most of the day working on a proposal, and didn't watch much of the news, and although was aware of fires in southern California, but thought they were nowhere near where I would be working, La Jolla.
Arrived at San Jose airport to hear flights had been cancelled the day before!!
Flew to San Diego, and had an areial view of the fires and all the smoke over LA and San Diego.
We could smell the smoke in the airplane, at 35,000 feet!!!
Landed in San Diego, and the skies are filled with smoke.
The sun looks red through the smoke.
It feels like dusk, with all the smoke.
There is ash on the ground everywhere.
Drove to the job site, and find they have closed the building, and are sending everyone home, but they let me stay in the cafeteria, and work.
Better to stay indoors, away from all the smoke.
Today things are a bit better, but there is still smoke in the air, and the jobsite is still closed, but hopefully will be open tomorrow, so I'm stuck here in the hotel doing paperwork,.
So I'm staying indoors am much as possible.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks and the only smoke I smell is from a campfire