News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Name a ZOOM variation

Started by gsm x2, Aug 01, 2004, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Hello all.  I need some help.  I am writing an article on ZOOM for PUT and I am looking for variations of the game.

For example, we know that KaZoom is a variation that requires players to blow on their Kazoo instead of saying ZOOM.

So a couple of questions.

What should we call a variation that requires a player to take a drink when he or she makes an error?  G suggested Zoom Out; a variation of Pass Out.

What should we call the elimination version of the game, where all players start by standing up, but have to sit down and not play when they make a error?

Any other variations you can think of?

Thanks,

Scott

6Quigs

Seeing as this is for an article for PUT, to be published in the magazine, I have sent you an e-mail with the variation of the game we grew up playing back in Ireland.

gsm x2

Quote from: 6QuigsSeeing as this is for an article for PUT, to be published in the magazine, I have sent you an e-mail with the variation of the game we grew up playing back in Ireland.
That was very interesting Kevin.  Thanks for the International flavor.

Scott

Nick

Quote from: gsm x2Hello all. I need some help. I am writing an article on ZOOM for PUT and I am looking for variations of the game.

For example, we know that KaZoom is a variation that requires players to blow on their Kazoo instead of saying ZOOM.

So a couple of questions.

What should we call a variation that requires a player to take a drink when he or she makes an error? G suggested Zoom Out; a variation of Pass Out.

What should we call the elimination version of the game, where all players start by standing up, but have to sit down and not play when they make a error?

Any other variations you can think of?

Thanks,

Scott
For the elimination game how about ZDoom

otter

the drinking variation probably doesn't need a name as the drinkers will never remember it...but we used to call a home run in beerball a  Zoomhic!

Playing elimination may be as tricky as using the reversal rule on line.  The reverse of course must be called a mooz.  and some people use it already.  

Zoom played to music is called Moozic; at least when it is the reverse phase.
Enough...I'm off to run the grandkids and the dogs so I can make and eat dinner in peace and quiet.  
hugs