News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Campground help needed

Started by OC Campers, Jan 31, 2005, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: OC CampersSince going to Newport Beach is out of the question we have made reservations to go to Lake Francis RV resort this weekend (2/22-2/14) If anyone is free come out and join us.

www.lakefrancisrv.com

We are in site B11

Jacqui
Hey Jacqui, thats pretty cool you turned your PU into a time machine. ;)

OC Campers

Quote from: NickHey Jacqui, thats pretty cool you turned your PU into a time machine. ;)
Thanks Nick, I will remember to rr your typos next time.:D :p .  If I remember right didn't "Hore ridding" come around because of this sort of thing?:)

Jacqui

OC Campers

OK, we just came home from Lake Francis.  A very nice campground.  (I will post a cg review in a little while).  Very similar to Collins Lake but with a much nicer bathroom situation.  I think this would be a great place for a rally.  I will put it together.  I was thinking May 13-15 or April 29-May 1.  Anyone have a date they would prefer?

Jacqui

Russinator

Donna and Russ vote for Mid May.

zamboni

Quote from: OC Camperswe will need electricity to run the heater at night.

I know this is "after the fact" - but there are decent alternatives.

Last fall, I bought the Mr. Heater's portable Buddy Heater.

It runs on 1-lb disposable propane tanks, or you can buy an adapter hose (which I bought - 12 foot) and run it on a standard 20-lb camper/BBQ propane tank.

The heater is rated for indoor use (has oxygen sensors), and will supposedly run 5 hours on a 1-lb tank... so around 100 hours on a standard BBQ tank, which is what we use.

We haven't taken it camping yet (we intend to hit Lawson's Landing at Dillon Beach, which is why we bought it)- but I used it to heat the garage over winter when I was working on stuff.

Here is a link to Camping World's description of it.