News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Quigs are going to be on TV

Started by Surfcal, May 07, 2006, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Kevin hasn't really posted this on NNC, but in this SC Campers forum, http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=56471 , he discusses about how his family spend a camping trip with a TV crew and sometime in August, they will be on national TV.

Hooray for one of our own.

Come on Kevin, do tell!!!

Surfcal

6Quigs

Thanks Ray.
We were trying to keep a low profile, you know, to keep the paparazzi away ;)

Yes, we did go camping in March and had a camera crew follow us around. We camped at New Brighton, and went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It was a fun experience, and it will be airing on the DIY Network, possibly on August 11th.

Nick

So Kevin, are we going to see you running around yellng "Shane, were are you"?:)

OC Campers

Quote from: NickSo Kevin, are we going to see you running around yellng "Shane, were are you"?:)
Oh, are you mean!!  Snicker snicker...

Jacqui

zamboni

The TiVo started recording it 19 minutes ago... :)

(I'd forgotten until now.  Good thing I set up a "wishlist" for "RV Roadtrips" a couple of months ago!)

6Quigs

Quote from: NickSo Kevin, are we going to see you running around yellng "Shane, were are you"?:)
I agree Jacqui, he is mean!!

Shane is a little older now, 5 years old, so luckily he doesn't wander off like he used to.
They were great during the taping of the show, especially as there was a lot of waiting around, and being told to be quiet while the taping was being done. But once it was their turn to be in front of the camera, they were great, doing exactly what they were told, and ad-libing a few times.

Just watched tonights show, and I was impressed. having been on the other side of the camera, and know that each segement you see on the show was probabily done 4 or 5 times, to get it right, and to see it from every angle. Gary Bunzer, the RV doctor was great, loved the way he just helped other people in the park, giving away freebies.

Did anyone notice the shots of Dee's Hybrid and Tracy and Davids popup at the begining of tonights show?

Can't wait for August 11th to see how Brent the producer edits our show, and what he includes and what he cuts out!!

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsI agree Jacqui, he is mean!!
Just thought I would get some rabble rousing going again. :)

I watched the tail end of the show Friday night.  I liked those two gadgets the RV doc had.  The one for the power cord and the quick connect for the hose.  Have to look for those two items.

Dee4j

ours airs the 16th. we've are on 2 of their website videos.  the first thing Lori said when she saw it and Dan was taking off the hitch was "Dan doesn't do any of that" :J