News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Chalet 1930 XL DIY improvements

Started by Ch1930XL, Nov 03, 2008, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ch1930XL

Hi from new member with a Chalet 1930 XL.

My wife and I have a 2007 Chalet model 1930 XL.

This A frame type pop up has been very nice for the two of us. Our 3 kids are grown now and don't camp with us now.  We had a 1990 Starcraft Nova back when the kids were still young and it was great.

I have modified the Chalet to make it nicer for 2 people.

1.  installed smaller table
2. installed LED and flourescent lights.
3. installed over head storage 12 inch x 64 inch vinyl coated wire above shower.
4. installed 1500 Watt power inverter and dual batteries.
5. installed ABS plastic pipe above rear bumper to store home made awning frame.
6.  made screen door out of plastic window screen
7 in process of installing Shur flow 24 ounce accumulator to quiet and smooth flow of water pump .

more later and I will try to post photos.

Ch1930XL

tlhdoc

Welcome to PUT!  I love your camper, and I am thinking that might be my next camper.  I am looking forward to hearing more about yours.  Is there anything about the camper that you don't like? :)

Ch1930XL

the XL is very nice as is.  especially for 2 people. the hot water is great. and the sink and every thing. the shower is great.  the cassette toilet is great.

As an engineer, I like to modify and improve the rigs.

1.  The grey water tank in our 2007 model (the first year I believe) did not have a factory vent on the top of the gray water tank so it would often get an air pocket and I had to install a small threaded plastic vent.  So double check at the dealer by crawling under and looking for a vent or vent hose on top of grey water tank. Not a big deal to fix anyway or sometimes I just put a bucket near the drain valve and let the grey water drip out a little dribble to act as an air vent.
2.  the refrigerator used to be hard to stay lite on propane.  it was and easy fix also.  the small heat sensor that senses the pilot light had slipped back about 1/2 inch from the flame front and it was turning off the gas.  just gently pushed the tube back in place under the flame.

3.  we do enjoy the 1930 XL.  I replace the halogen incandecents light above the queen bed with a twin tube floruessnet.

4.  I removed the 2 lower drawers under the bed storage and sawed off the wood frame of the 2 lower doors. Now I can put larger plastic stoarage boxes unde the the bed storage.

5.  I also installed 1/4 see through clear acrylic to replace the thin masonite wood over the right side storage bins under the dinette seat.  we store food under their.

6.  last week I installed a curved shower rod to use instead of the velcro shower curtain method.  I will try to post photos.

7.  I purchased a Shurflow 24 oz accumulator tank to install to quiet the water pump.

8.  I am in the process of relocating the front battery box to the compartment under the left dinnette bench seat.  the free space on the trailer tonque will be used for storing my mt bike. or other gear.

I plan to install more storage bins underneath the vehicle.  espeiclaly an extra 10 gal gray water tank on wheels.