News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Sal is back in the hospital

Started by Calstate361, Sep 10, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

For those of you who know my husband, you know he has many health problems for a long time.   Well he managed to stay out of the hospital for about a month, then he got sick Friday night and was throwing up most of the night and off and on Saturday and had sever stomach pain.  I finally convinced him to go to the ER again and they discovered that he has a bowel obstruction asnd his hernia may be part of the problem.  To make a long tedious story short, he is not doing well, he is out of it and combative (due to high ammonia levelsa).  I got a calll that they have moved him to ICU and just minutes ago I got another call that he has has a stroke.  I don't know anything more at this time and I'm on my way to the hospital. I'm just checking messages since I'll probably be gone all day.

EVERY, please, keep him in your prayers; it doesn't look good.

THANKS

Joan

Dee4j

prayers coming your way.

Calstate361

THANKS Dee, It's late (9:30 pm) and I'm just back from the hospital. We may be loosing Sal in the next few days as his liver is giving out.  I had a call from a doctor this morning that said Sal had a stroke, but when I got to the hospital they didn't know what that was about. Anyway, I had a Catholic Priest come and give him last rights today and the Kids and I are taking turns sitting with him hoping he will wake up; reality is he probably won't.  I can't believe this is happening.  First my Mom passed last November, than my Dad exactly 6 months later and now Sal any day now which is 6 months after my Dad.  I know God doesn't give us any more than we can handle, but I think I have had enough.  After the doctors kept bugging me to change his code status to Do Not Resuscitate I complied after having a family meeting.  I'm sorry to say, it looks like there is no hopeas it doesn't look good.

Joan

6Quigs

Joan,
so sorry to hear that Sal is back in hospital.
Both of you are in our prayers

OC Campers

Hi everyone--

I wanted to pass on a note that I received from Joan today that at 4am this morning (9/11/2009) Sal passed away.

They are still in the planning stage right now and will let me know if there is a service.   Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Jacqui

zamboni

Joan, So sorry to hear about Sal.  Our thoughts are with you and your family.

wavery

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well.......

Calstate361

THANKS all for the kind wishes.  He has been in pain for a long time and he is finally at peace and with his Mom and Dad.  He didn't want any thing except to be cremated but his kids want to do something.  It will probably be next Saturday at his son's church in Rocklin, but we are still planning.  I'm OK, we have known it was coming for some time now, but it is still hard.   I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful family from his side with his sister, his son and daughter and their families (my 6 grandkids) plus a couple of very closer girlfriends and friends from work so I have wonderful support.  I'm OK, I have my crying fits here and there, but I'm at peace knowing that I did everything I could up until the end.  We were all there (except the grandkids) at the end and we all think he heard us telling him it was OK to go be with his Mom and Dad.  Jacqui has offered to keep you all posted, but I think I'm OK doing it myself, it's kind of theraputic.   I'll start another thread giving the necesary information once we have it planned.

THANKS AGAIN

Joan

griffsdad

Joan, we are sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Calstate361

Thanks everyone, it's really appreciated.

Please see the post on the particulars for the memorial service, and know that I'm doing OK.

THANKS

Joan