News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

First timer

Started by Opie, May 24, 2009, 09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opie

I just bought a new Aliner Scout...my first camper/pop-up of any kind. I get it next weekend.

Anything I need to know before heading out? Tips, things to buy, things not to buy, warnings, etc.

Any advice is welcome!

ForestCreature

Hope you enjoy your new scout. We've been A camping for 10 years now.
As far as things to know, just keep reading the forums and you'll learn. About the only warning I can think of is to not try and set the Aliner up in heavy winds. Bring a sense of humor and a notepad to write down all the things you forgot to take.

SheBantam

We used to camp in Riverview when I was a kid, in out 1960 somrthing Starmaster 8.

I have a cabin A a 1/2 "A" teeny tiny travel trailer. Make sure that the Aliner has good ventilation, especially if you have asthma or allergies.  The same test FEMA and Seirra Club used on the FEMA trailers I used on the Cabin A. It registered 5 times the safe amount of formaldehydes.  I out in a Fantastic vent and that has REALLY helped.

Not sure if you tent camped, but you need about the same things when popupping, less the tent of course. Tim5055 had a WONDERFUL list of camping needs.

http://www.title-3.com/Camping_Checklist.htm

BTW, I HATE lynx levelers and have gone back to wood, gave those oversized leggos away.

Opie

First camp-out was at Disney's Ft. Wilderness in June, it went great and was a ton of fun. We've got a list of a few things we didn't think about that will go along on the next trip.

At the last minute we decided to bring our bicycles and are glad we did or we would've been walking a bunch! The scout performed flawlessly and kept us cool during the heat of the day and dry during the downpour on the second day.