News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Opinions Needed on N. CA Roads

Started by Azusateach, Mar 20, 2010, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azusateach

Hey all!

I'm going to be taking a big trip this summer with friends -- caravaning-style -- and we're trying to go west from Hwy. 1.  I've been told that 299 is NOT a road to do while pulling a trailer and we'll both be towing.  My little 19' Hideout is a baby compared to my friend's 31 TT.  

What can you all tell me about Hwy. 20?  Is it any better than 299?  Would it just be better to come south on 101 until we get north of San Francisco and then head east?  They're going to head toward Reno and I'll be coming south to get home.

Thanks for your opinions, guys.  I really appreciate it.

Laura -- and Jed

OC Campers

Laurra, not sure how much info you will get on this forum.  It has been pretty quiet around here.  I have never been on Hwy 20 West of the 5 so I am not going to be of much help there.   Hwy 20 east of the 5 shouldn't be too bad.  It is a nice 2 lane road.  

You might try Popup Explorer in the Northwest forum.  There are quite a few people who might be able to give you some info.

Jacqui

Azusateach

Thanks, Jacqui.  I'll post something there too.

Laura

Calstate361

I'm lurking here too and I can't be any more help either as I have never been on that road that I know of.  GOOD LUCK

Joan

Dee4j

maybe pm 6quigs...he knows the highways up there pretty good I think..

dkutz

sorry not familiar with the area