News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Yahoo Spam

Started by 6Quigs, Jul 11, 2003, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Heads up people
 Today I recieved 2 spam e-mails from Yahoo.
 Both contained a worm.[:@]
 That makes 3 this week !
 These had the  I-Worm.Tanatos.b as an attatchment.
 The subject refered to a Sears promotion and had Yahoo in the
 headers. The only thing I have on Yahoo is the Nick Neff Cough
 group. No e-mail or any other group subs.
 I went to Yahoo and blocked our e-mail address from being seen
 by anyone.  Obviously someone has learned to harvest e-mail
 addresses from Yahoo.
 Be carefull people, never run an attachment that you do not
 have prior knowledge of, and always virus scan it.
 Sal

6Quigs

calstate360Thanks for the heads up Sal.
 I got them also, but this is a new e-mail adress I just set up 2 months ago, just for business related stuff.
 I had deleted them both without even opening them.

gsm x2

calstate360Or another possibility is that someone has your Yahoo addesses in their address book...an all to common method of spreading viruses now.

Keep that virus protection up-to-date.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

calstate360Yahoo Spam?!
 When did they purchase the product line from Hormel?  I can t find any mention of it anywhere;
 http://www.spam.com

griffsmom

calstate360I love Spam.

I m having Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, and Spam.

Oh and by the way, there s a penguin on the telly...

Red neff Barchetta

calstate360Lori -
 I knew I liked you.
 I grew up on Monty Python.
 Here s a little something " completely different" ;
 http://store.yahoo.com/wickedcoolstuff/mopyexpepl.html

Ab Diver

calstate360Sal,  I think we got the same junk as you did. Norton kicked it out of our incoming messages and quarantined it on three (!) separate occasions yesterday. One of them was the " bugbear(insert something or other here).exe"  worm. Don t remember the other two, but they ALL came from a Sears/yahoo address.

It s all about Virus Protection, folks. Get it, upload it, and update it AOAP (As Often As Possible).

griffsmom

Red neff BarchettaJeff--very funny!  I especially love the Monty Python toilet paper--it s recommended by the man with three buttocks, you know.[;)]

I also greww up on MP, and my mother (and now my DH) can t understand what s so funny about them.  I can t see what s NOT funny about them!  Terry Gilliam is a graduate of my alma mater, but then again, so is Jack Kemp.  I ll go with Terry any day! [:D]

Ca-girl

Ab Diver
QuoteDave Morris
Hey....how cool is it to start seeing THAT name pop up again???

QuoteI also greww up on MP, and my mother (and now my DH) can t understand what s so funny about them. I can t see what s NOT funny about them!
I m with you guys on this....my kids have already memorized most of the lines from the Search for the Holy Grail because Mommy says it s movie making at it s best! [8D]

Ab Diver

Ca-girl

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ca-girl

QuoteDave Morris
Hey....how cool is it to start seeing THAT name pop up again???

(blush) Thanks, Tania. But the loss was all mine. Being away from this bunch is like a cruel form of solitary confinement.

On a different note, can I make a motion that we adopt a certain Monty Python line as an official Nick-Neff-Cough Potluck Meal Non-Denominational " Prayer" ? IIRC, it goes something like  " I m hungry... you re hungry... we re ALL hungry... So--- LET S EAT!!!"

And the only *second* I m gunna ask for is a second helping. [;)]

calstate360

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Or another possibility is that someone has your Yahoo addesses in their address book...an all to common method of spreading viruses now.

Keep that virus protection up-to-date.

gsm x2

Ya know I hadn t thought of that, but it makes sense since Joan
 did not get it at work. So she did not get it or the IT department
 finally figured out how to install something.
 So if anyon uses Yahoo for their e-mail program
 please do a virus scan on your computer.
 Thanl you
 Sal

griffsmom

Ca-girl

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ca-girl
 my kids have already memorized most of the lines from the Search for the Holy Grail because Mommy says it s movie making at it s best! [8D]

Tania,

I have the actual script for The Holy Grail, so your kids can borrow it to memorize what few lines they don t already know by heart! [:D]

BTW, their mommy knows her stuff about movies![;)]