News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Pinto Lake

Started by RTurner, Jul 20, 2003, 11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madrone

I m sorry we couldn t join y all at Mount Madonna this weekend.  It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun together.

We re looking at a local campground for our next TT trip.  Has anyone been to Pinto Lake in Watsonville?  What did you think of it?

RTurner

madroneWell Madrone,
 It s been many many many years since I went to Pinto Lake to camp (when they still had Marmo s Campground/bar and you could waterski on the lake-no more of that).  I think the city runs a campground on the Green Valley Road side of the lake.  For all the years I lived there it was a place for LOTS of people to congregate on the weekends in the day use area.  It is a " lake"  that is now surrounded by residential area so it just dependds on what you are looking for.

It may not be TOO bad but there are probably much better choices in the area-KOA by Manresa Beach, New Brighton Beach (if there are any sites), and there are a few campgrounds in the Felton (?) area up toward the train at Roaring Camp.

Wherever you go have a great time! Isn t any day camping great?

madrone

madroneThe problem with Santa Cruz county is that it s really popular in the summertime. I ve talked to friends who mentioned that they couldn t get campsites at any of the popular local campgrounds (Henry Cowell, Big Basin, New Brighton, Seacliff, Big Sur), so I m looking at the second tier.

Thanks for the suggestions.