News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

49er Village

Started by forestwalker, Jun 24, 2004, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forestwalker

Hi.Mary and I are trying to plan a week long trip to Gold Country in August.We know that the 2003 Western Rally was held there,and that many of you attended.What were your impressions of the rv park ? Were there fire rings at all of the sites? Were the sites spaced for somewhat of an outdoor experience?Was it clean? Was staff friendly and helpful? Were the trees large enough to provide shade at most,or all,of the sites? We would appreciate any information.         Thanks,Steve

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: forestwalkerHi.Mary and I are trying to plan a week long trip to Gold Country in August.We know that the 2003 Western Rally was held there,and that many of you attended.What were your impressions of the rv park ? Were there fire rings at all of the sites? Were the sites spaced for somewhat of an outdoor experience?Was it clean? Was staff friendly and helpful? Were the trees large enough to provide shade at most,or all,of the sites? We would appreciate any information.         Thanks,Steve

Hey Steve,

Here is a link to the pics I took there last year 49er Village  Take a look and you can get an idea of how it is.

No fire rings (there is a big one in the group area though), the sites are somewhat spaced, the place was clean, staff was great.

Larry

SactoCampers

Quote from: forestwalkerHi.Mary and I are trying to plan a week long trip to Gold Country in August.We know that the 2003 Western Rally was held there,and that many of you attended.What were your impressions of the rv park ? Were there fire rings at all of the sites? Were the sites spaced for somewhat of an outdoor experience?Was it clean? Was staff friendly and helpful? Were the trees large enough to provide shade at most,or all,of the sites? We would appreciate any information. Thanks,Steve
It's a great RV PARK, note the term "RV Park". Full hookups and cable. Great little cafe, store, pool, hot tub, library, etc.

But if you're looking for an outdoorsy experience, you won't find it here. It caters to RVers.

forestwalker

Thanks to both of you for your replies.The info that you provided has helped with our decision regarding the location of this vacation.49er Village looks and sounds like a very nice rv park to visit sometime.I think that we are going to try Shaver Lake this time.