Golden Pines RV resort this weekend (9/30-10/2)

Started by zamboni, Sep 28, 2005, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni

In order to "break in" our new Jayco 23B hybrid, my wife and decided to try out a new (to us) campground - the Golden Pines RV resort.  We'll head down Friday about 5, and come back Sunday.

It is about 80 miles SE of Sacramento - near Albert, CA (head down Hwy 16 from Sac, or Hwy 49 from Placerville).

http://www.goldenpinesrvresort.com/  (209) 795-2820

It is $34/night, and 2 miles from Calaveras Big Trees State Park.

Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is up for some last-minute camping!

OC Campers

Hey Glenn--congratulations on the hybrid.  That is a nice model.  I wish we could meet you.  Unfortunately, I got a full-time job at Wally World and have no more weekends for a very long time.  Have a great maiden voyage.  Did the Niagra go to a nice family?

Jacqui

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: zamboniIn order to "break in" our new Jayco 23B hybrid, my wife and decided to try out a new (to us) campground - the Golden Pines RV resort.  We'll head down Friday about 5, and come back Sunday.

It is about 80 miles SE of Sacramento - near Albert, CA (head down Hwy 16 from Sac, or Hwy 49 from Placerville).

http://www.goldenpinesrvresort.com/  (209) 795-2820

It is $34/night, and 2 miles from Calaveras Big Trees State Park.

Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is up for some last-minute camping!

Looks like a nice CG, never been there, so please post a review of the place when you return, it looks like it could be one to add to the list.

Thanks.

6Quigs

Congratulations on the new Hybrid Glen.

Wish we could join you, but I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel, and need to get the floor tiles done this weekend, so we can have the use of the toilet back.
Having only one toilet in a house of 8 people is a strain!!

Hope to check out the new Hybrid on a future camping trip!

Nick

Be ready to clean your shoes.  My family camped there a few years ago and the tree sap was everywhere.  You would walk around and have an inch or more of sap and needles on the bottom of your shoes.

zamboni

Quote from: 6QuigsHaving only one toilet in a house of 8 people is a strain!!

What about the toilet in your camper?  Or is that the "one" you're referring to?
 :eyecrazy:

zamboni

Thanks for the tip, Nick -- sounds like I need to find a pair of galoshes (overshoes)

Jacqui, the Niagara went to a fellow from Carmel.  He seemed nice, and particularly liked the electric lift (since he was older).

Of course, my RV slip was designed around the Niagara... and now the cement strips in the grass are a tad bit too narrow -- I have about 2 inches on either side of the wheels before the camper falls off onto the grass!  Plus, if I'd been planning ahead, I would have put my shed about 5 feet further back.  Though we can open the hybrid's bunks, it becomes quite tight (gate in the front, which I cannot move towards the street due to requiring public access to gas/electric meters... and the shed in the back "pin" the camper in place!).

Already did my first mod on the camper.  Right inside the door are all the wonderful buttons for the slide, hot water heater, pump, and level indicators.  All about 18" off the ground.

All at the PERFECT height for a 15-month-old girl to poke!

Went and bought one of the clear plastic locking "thermostat" covers and with moving the slide switch slightly, managed to get it to cover all but the light switches.

Now, the baby turned her attention to -- the gas stove!  So many knobs to twist.  Urp... quickly pulled them all off and put them in a drawer.

I'm kind of surprised.  Campers are sold as "family" things -- yet are so clearly NOT designed to be child friendly/proof/safe!  I'd've at least installed the slide and pump switches at adult level, and had a feature on the stove/oven to disable it.