News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Moving to California...

Started by Parkaholic, Nov 10, 2005, 04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkaholic

Just got a new job in Yosemite, will miss Shenandoah but looking forward to the new adventure. Bad news is had to sell the PUP. 2,900 miles is a long way in the winter. I will be working at El Portal and enjoying 3 day weekends every other week.

DW won't let me look for a new PUP until we find a place to live....something about priorities. I will continue to try to sway her. Will be out of pocket for the next couple of weeks. The movers packed my puter and all yesterday. Look forward to meeting you westerners.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Calstate361

Let me be one of the first to welcome you to Northern California (when you get here.  We love Yosemite and being NACO/Thousand Trails Members we camp at one of the resorts called "Yosemite Lakes" which is just 5 miles outside the West Entrance to the Park.   We usually go the first week in August so we don't always get to see all the waterfalls because they dry up, but we love it there so much, it doesn't really matter.  We have sponsored "Half Dome Hyjinx" for 3 years now and the other NNC members enjoy it also.   Look forward to meeting you at one of our rallies.   Also check in with our Sister Group, Scampers, who are from Southern California.

Joan

teleskiermom

Congratulation on your move............My husband and I lived 10yrs in the valley. El Portal is a small little community with people who have lived there a long time. Are you moving into the new park service housing??? One gas station, one grocery store...but a beautiful canyon full of great swimming holes for the summer. In the spring you will want to hike into Hite's Cove to look at all the poppies blooming. Just incredible and well worth the hike. The winter's are pretty mild in El Portal. We will be skiing in Jan. up at Badger Pass. Our son who is going to be 4 likes to ski up there...it's a SMALL ski resort... perfect for the little ones. When the pass opens in late spring/early summer you will enjoy all of the parks high country and the 395 corridor. If you have any questiions about your new town I would be happy to answer
thanks ginger

OC Campers

Just wanted to welcome you to Northern California.  I hope you enjoy your new adventure in life.  

Jacqui