News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

I like em

Started by Used 2B PopUPTimes, Jan 15, 2008, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popupper

Rt66West

Quote from: PopUPTimesI've spent a lot of time looking at the Aliners for an article in the next issue of the magazine. Plus I just helped out Kerola's campers at the Pittsburgh RV show with his little campers - including Aliner.

Both Aliner & Chalet have models with bathrooms now,  we'll see if either wants me in one of their units bad enough to make me a deal I can't refuse. :cool:

We are interested in the Aliners.  We have a Chalet dealer in Albuquerque which is about 60 miles from home.  There are no Aliner dealers that I know of close by.  What is the major difference between the two?  Is a cassette potty avaliable in the Aliner Expedition?  Great magazine Dave....thanks!

SheBantam

I have the NON-popup Aliner.  There are a few things I would do differently, but I bought this used.

Dealing with Aliner is a pure pain in the you know what.  They answer questions with one and two word answers. YUCK.

My spare is INSIDE the trailer. So if anyone knows of something that will hook onto the outside to hook my spare tire on, I would appreciate knowing.  Remember my door is on the back side, so the rear bumper is out (unless someone comes up with and idea to use the spare for a step.

Clearance is low on the Cabin A, I cannot even back down my drive (backing it uphill is not a problem) Sewer lines are exceptionally low.

Inspite of the minor things, I love my little trailer. It has everything my Bantam has except for comfortable beds and room. The bench is as wide as a sleeping bag...that is where I lay my head.
I would like to move the "night stand" out and make a frame for a full sized mattress. And use my personal folding table on the other end of the bench. This is similar to how the permanent bed models are made.
When we bring the dinette and drop it, there is NO room to sit. And I have to have a soft mattress for my back (I have a queen sized memory foam doubled over and fits the bench beautifully, then I have an eggcrate also doubled...get the picture???).  So making and un-makeing the memory foam on the dinette is NOT an option when Raymond comes with me. There is no place to store the memory foam while "living" in the trailer...and Raymond LIVES in the trailer.

CamperAminal

Have you looked into using a spare tire mount that they use on fishing boat trailers? It bolts onto the towing bar frame along side of your propane bottles. A local marine dealer may have your answer.

Vic

'05 XL 1910 (modified) License plate CVRDWGN Colorado
'03 TrailBlazer

John L.

Will you post the Aliner article on your website?

SheBantam

Quote from: CamperAminalHave you looked into using a spare tire mount that they use on fishing boat trailers? It bolts onto the towing bar frame along side of your propane bottles. A local marine dealer may have your answer.

Vic

'05 XL 1910 (modified) License plate CVRDWGN Colorado
'03 TrailBlazer

yes, I bought one and the tire is too big, it is one of those that supposedly holds the tire up, but there is not enough clearance for me to feel safe going over bumps (like gettingoff my drive and some humps in some roads.

I added a full sized mattress to the Dinette. Had to cut out the night stand, used the table and the insert. Not easy getting to the water heater now.  Scott (EMTDad) helped me with the electic plug...hey
Scott, I have another Elecric Mod...I want to pig tail the electic plug, can you help me re-wire this??? Since adding the mattress, I have to lift the mattress incase the cord gets twisted up in the fan boxes... I want to cut the cord to about 6" outside the trailer and add new correct plug ends on the pig tail and the rest of the cord.  Just use it like I use the 30 amp extension cord...Are you game???

I have put the spare in the back of the pick up truck, behind the drawers and bins, water carrier and gray water tank.

SheBantam

Let me say that Aliner seems to have new management. I e-mailed today with the numbers that I got from the formaldahyde test.  

Seems that my Cabin A tests at .021 Parts per million (PPM) the recommended maximum is .01 PPM.  There is another organization that says people with breathing problems (Moi) should ahve no more than .004 PPM...

My trailer has twice the "allowable" and 5 times the amount for people with breathing problems.  After being repeatedly ignored and half answers, I got a call today and explained what had happened and about the CO detector and what my (Jayco) dealer had said. They are going to split the cost of the Fantastic Vent (which comes standard in the TRE, formerly Cabin A) including the installation AND send me a bumper mounted spare tire holder...

THANK YOU ALINER for finally coming through!!!

BTW!!! I highly recommend the Fantasic vent, I paid a little extra for a thermostat and speed control as well as in or out (not sure if that is standard). I used the Cabin A the last two weekends and did not get sick until I got to work this morning (someone went wild with ammonia)!!

SheBantam

Oops pete and repete trying to correct a number I had the wrong decimal point on.