News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Buddy

Started by calstate360, Jul 14, 2008, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

For those of you who have camped with us, just to let you know.
We had to put Buddy to sleep today. He has been ill for 2 weeks and
did not want to extend his suffering any more. They wanted to do exploratory
surgery, and I decided not to put him through the unnecessary pain and suffering.
Sal

wavery

Quote from: calstate360
surgery, and I decided not to put him through the unnecessary pain and suffering.
Sal
Sorry for your loss.....I know that's really a hard decision to make. We all  know that you made it out of love. Buddy will be missed dearly.

OC Campers

So sorry to hear about Buddy.

Jacqui

miss kathy

Quote from: OC CampersSo sorry to hear about Buddy.

Jacqui

http://www.californiastarcraft.org/

harleywolf

brainpause

Although I never knew Buddy, I have to say the proverbial "I'm sorry for your loss." Losing a pet is very hard.

Larry

Calstate361

THANKS, the hardest part will be when we get ready to go camping. He could always tell and would stick to Sal's behind determined that we would not leave without him. He loved to go camping. In fact, we couldn't even say the word "camping" as he would pick up his head with the look, "when we going"? Killer, our Chihuahua, is still looking for him as they were inseperable.

Thanks again

6Quigs

Sal and Joan,
Sorry to hear about Buddy.
I bet Killer misses him the most.

Calstate361

THANKS everyone for your wishes.   It has been hard but it will be especially hard when we go camping in a week or so.    He loved to go camping.

Kevin, yes, Killer is still looking for him.   Be sure to tell your daughter (it's been so long since I have seen you and the kids that I can't remember her name---Ashley?) because she was the one who always came to see Buddy and she was the one I consulted with when he had a hot spot on his tail; since she wanted to be a vet.   Anyway, thanks.

We hope to get another small dog to keep her company as soon as I get paid on the 1st.  I have a friend that is connected with a Chihuahua Club and I have sent her an e-mail to see if we can get one cheap or free, but I haven't heard back from her yet.  If not, then we will go to the SPCA, the Pound, or some other rescue organization.  I hate going to those places because I want all the dogs and cats and it makes me so sad to be in those places.  

Again, thanks.

Joan

Gwenzilla

Joan & Sal,
We have not been on this board in a long while... and was saddened to read about Buddy.  We all loved to see Buddy, and especially loved to see the Buddy and Killer interacting with each other, which always was adorable and entertaining.  Our condolences on your loss.

Calstate361

THANKS George.

My friend e-mailed me back and I'm going to one of the Itty Bitty dog gatherings on Saturday and hopefully someone will have a small dog that needs a home that won't cost us too much.   I'll let you all know.

Joan

calstate360

Well we got another dog to keep Killer company but she still is looking for her Bud. We rescued another chihuahua her name is Taz. I will post a pic when we come back in 2 weeks from Ponderosa we will be leaving as soon as we finish loading and hooking up.
See you all then.
Sal

Quote from: calstate360

Sal