News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Not many people checking in

Started by OC Campers, Sep 02, 2008, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Hey, at least my post got soemthing going.Maybe there is hope for Northern California!

Randy

boncrab

Kathy,   Can you please post the campground name, phone number, etc and/or a link to their webpage.

Thanks, Bonnie

miss kathy

http://www.colomaresort.com/

The name is Coloma RV- phone # 1-800-238-2298

The last date for reservations for us will be October 3rd.  

I have booked my space, under Jasso - when you call to make your reservations give them my name- they will work on getting us all together- I have also reserved an area for BBQ for Saturday night. It does not have a kitchen, but does have area for BBQ, serving and eating and we are not charged for this.

Look forward to meeting everyone soon

Here is my email cmkathyjasso@yahoo.com if you have any other questions

TDKCampers

So how did the Coloma trip end up going and how is the revival of the nor cal camping group?  We are new to California (from TX) where we were very active in a camping group that had a trip every other month.  They have since gone to a trip each month for 2009.  There would be anywhere from 15-40 families depending on schedules.  All of our trips were weekend trips within 2 hours of the Dallas Fort Worth area and most were either state parks or COE parks which we are finding don't exist really out here.

OC Campers

The Coloma trip was very nice.  There were only 2 families.  That's ok, we still had fun.  

This Nor Cal group used to be very active (7-8 years ago).  but the past few years for some reason, it fell apart.  There are a few of us still around but nothing has been planned.  

We belong to the SCCampers group from Southern California (see the next forum below this one).  We try to camp with them once a year.  We used to live down south so it is fun to get back together with them.  Take a look at the Smithwoods RV Resort thread under the SCCampers.  We have a rally brewing in the Santa Cruz area.  We call this a "meet in the middle" rally.  The Northern and the Southern camping group meet and have a big giant campout.  Lots of fun!!!  You are welcome to join us.

I am not sure where Brentwood is (Bay area?).  If you are planning a trip, post it here and maybe someone will join you.

Jacqui

Calstate361

Yes, Jacqui is correct, we used to be very active but now some of the people have branched off into their own little groups and don't post it here or let others know so we can join them.  Anyway, the last few years my husband and myself have been the only ones wagonmastering and since we belong to NACO/Thousand Trails, I act as the "superhost" and organize the group camping at one of these resorts/preserves.   I'm retired and have had to go back to work because of this poor economy so I haven't had the time to plan anything, but now my hours are running out so we may do that again sometime.  As Jacqui has said, please post it here and the rest of us will see if we can join you.

WELCOME

Joan