News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Overnight Suggestions Needed

Started by Azusateach, Jul 16, 2009, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azusateach

Hey all!

A friend and I will be traveling to Lake Almanor in about a week.  We'll be staying at the North Shore campground.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Coming from the Pasadena area, it's a long haul though, and I'm needing to find somewhere to overnight.  I'd thought about staying in the Fresno area, but because there are 2 of us, we can probably get farther north than that.  I want hook-ups because it's so blasted hot in the Valley.  Can you all suggest somewhere north of Fresno that we could overnight?

Thanks!

Laura

OC Campers

One of my favorites is Shaver Lake.  It is off the 99 not too far from Fresno.  It is tough to get a reservation but if you only need 1 night it might be ok.  Look on the SCE website.  Another place that a friend of mine has recommended is Caswell Memorial SP it is near the town of Ripon.   I don't believe they have hookups but I think it is heavily shaded.  If you can make it all the way to Oakland, Anthony Chabot is a nice place too.  They have a few sites with hookups.

I wish I could be of more help.   Have a safe trip and we will see you in Santa Cruz.

Jacqui

Azusateach

Thanks, Jacqui.  

Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm going to go up through the Valley -- probably 99 because there are more places to stop.

Any other suggestions?

Recumbentman

KOA has a campground in Stockton that would be a good half-way point for you, about a 5 hour drive.

miss kathy

I spent 4 days at Caswell and it is really nice- lots of shaded spots- no hook up put for 1 night and the cost is 20.00 per night- it is located on Austin Road - 6 miles from 99 - it a nice place - nice showers. Easy to get in and out of.

kathy:-():-()

RTurner

We leave our trailer up there most of the summer, it is a great place to do tons of activites.
Are you going through Quincy to get there or through Chico?  From where we are we take I-5 to Red Bluff to Chester, looks farther on the map but the road is less curvy.

Wish I could help on the 99 thing, we stick to KOA's most of the time if we need a stop-over, they all have hook ups.