News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Group Name

Started by boncrab, Aug 10, 2009, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boncrab

I was just wondering since we are the NorCal Campers - what does anyone think of NorCAmpers for a combined nickname?

OC Campers

Works for me.  Kinda the same thing.

Calstate361

If I recall, Sal took a vote and NorCal Campers is want the popular vote was.

I don't care and I'll discuss with Sal and get back to you, as our home computer is still broken.

Joan

miss kathy

Works for me- Now all we need are more members:-():-()

boncrab

I was just thinking of it as a Nickname - not the official name.  My thought process and it can be totally erased by the way :D was to mirror the SCCampers nickname as they are formally, I think, Southern California Campers........

The whole thing can go away if we want it to....

Calstate361

[SIZE="6"]WHATEVER!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]There are more members, they just never post here to let us know where they are camping!

Boncarb, I don't know if you know the history, but the NorCal group [formerly Nick-neff-cough (NNC)] was established before SCCampers and our name was changed because most of the original members don't post here any more.  A vote was taken and the name was changed.  NCC started by a bunch of us contacting each other via this site and met at Bodega Bay and camped together for the first time.   There was about 16 of us; many of who you don't even hear from any longer.  It's a shame, but life does get in the way and people go their own way.  Sal and I, 6Quigs, SurfCal, and Civil War Buff, are some of the original group. Several of the SCCampers also came this way and decided to start our sister club in So. CA, hence the creation of SCCampers.   But who cares anyway, we just wat to GO CAMPING and have fun with each other!!!

This can go away or stay for another vote....what say you all?[/SIZE]

Joan

Gwenzilla

I'm feeling kinda silly today so here goes.......I still prefer four syllables over three syllables.  If I were contemplating a "Nick" name (rimshot) I'd "cough" up ('nother rimshot) just shortening it to "NCC".

Calstate361

OOOHHHH George!!!   Glad you are in the mood to "caugh" it up.  Thanks for the laugh.

Joan