News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

We need a new Moderator

Started by Calstate361, Sep 15, 2009, 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

Since Sal was the moderator, we need someone to take it over.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Joan

OC Campers

I am not sure how to moderate but I don't mind taking on the job.  I don't mind keeping these Nor Calers in line:D.  How do we make the change?

Jacqui

Calstate361

I do't know how you become a moderator; I think Sal contacted PUP Times, but Nick was it at the time.   Waverly sent me a PM that he would do it also, so you two can decide who will do it.   OR SHOULD WE HAVE A CONTEST----NOT?  Just trying to stir stuff up, HE HE HE.:-():-()

OOOHHH, I guess I should change my signature block, or maybe I'll leave it in memory of Sal.   What do you all think?
THANKS

Joan

OC Campers

Joan if you feel comfortable change it if not don't.  It took my mom quite a while to change things up after my dad passed but the other day I got her answering machine she even changed her message.  I was so shocked.

Jacqui

Surfcal

Joan,

My heartfelt condolences and sincere good thoughts to you.  Sal was a big part of all of us and we feel the tremendous loss.  I choose to remember all our good times.

Well clearly, Nick flaked and that was expected.  That's why we love him.  Jacqui I think is a good successor, even though I'm not all that active with NorCal, although I like to think that I'm still a part of it along with the splinter group Drunk Squad.

I'm looking forward to seeing NorCal continue and Jacqui, go for it.  You're the perfect liaison and it deserves a good moderator.

Joan, we'll see you soon and we shall have a toast for Sal.

All my best,
Surfcal

P.S.  Keep the signature!!  :-)

Calstate361

Hey Ray, so nice of you to post here again, and thanks for the wishes.  How are Nick, Dave, and the others?   We don't see you guys posting here any more and miss you, especially the "rabble rousing" that used to go on.   Please get the others to come back to this board so we can rekindle old friendships.   I'm going to get the truck's transmission fixed soon as I received a nice chunck of change from my Dad's life insurance.  I WILL learn how to hook up and tow my big monster 5er and my girlfriend and I will hit the roads with all our Chihuahua.  Since we had to put Buddy down last year, I rescued a 11 year old Chihuahua from the pound and have had her for a year now and just last month I rescued a long haired Chihuahua.  My girlfriend, Jeni, has two short hair black and tan Chihuahuas.   Just and FYI, Jeni and I were roomates when she was 18 and I was 20 but we know each other since she was 14.  We were roomates for about 5 years then we went our seperate ways, had families, etc.   We reconnected about 2 years ago and now we are together most of the time.  It's nice having such a close friend during such times, not to mention my wonderful Stepson and Stepdaughter and their families.   They have taken over all of the arrangemets so for a change I didn't have to do anything except sign the paperwork at the funeral home.

It IS really good to hear from you Ray.

Joan

Gwenzilla

Haven't been on the PopUp Times forum website in a while and when I come back I find this most terrible news!  Joan... Donna, AJ and I deeply regret the passing of Sal, our hearts, minds and prayers are with you.  He will be greatly missed.

Quote from: Calstate361;210374....I WILL learn how to hook up and tow my big monster 5er

...and we look forward to seeing you at a campout in the future.  We always think of you and Sal whenever there is mention of biscuits and gravy.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

wavery

Quote from: OC Campers;210285I am not sure how to moderate but I don't mind taking on the job.  I don't mind keeping these Nor Calers in line:D.  How do we make the change?

Jacqui

Jacqui,

I would imagine that you would need to contact DNO about transferring moderator. I'm really not interested in moderating (not even sure what that means). I just thought that it would be nice to try to get it handled for Joan so that it is one more thing off her plate.

OC Campers

I will see what I can do.

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC Campers;210385I will see what I can do.

Jacqui

yes contact dno, let him know the situation and that I give you the stamp of approval (not that like that really means anything)  :D

I think you would make a GREAT moderator...:-()

Dee4j

Quote from: wavery;210378Jacqui,

I would imagine that you would need to contact DNO about transferring moderator. I'm really not interested in moderating (not even sure what that means). I just thought that it would be nice to try to get it handled for Joan so that it is one more thing off her plate.

Lori could give you the REAL definition of a moderator, but my understanding is they make sure what is posted is appropriate, makes sure people get along nice if needed, and thread maintenance.

Lori is our Official modertaor and I have sorta beome the unofficial one. as far as my moderating, I've only ventured into the sticky and unsticky and closing threads...if it requires anymore than that I yell for Lori :D

oreo57

Yes, contact Dean @ support@poptimes.com ("support@poptimes.com") ,He'll have all kinds of info.