News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids??

Started by cndlzrus, Oct 18, 2009, 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cndlzrus

somewhere in the searching I have been doing there was a A-liner that was big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids... but don't remember what make or model..

Anyone know of such a thing??  See this is what I get for reading those interesting articles in Pop Up Times Mag...  Now I think if I could find one that has room for the 4 of us (my family) I would go get one..  They look so easy to set up and less work than a Pop up...

butanol

We just returned to D/FW with a Chalet Alpine. The large table drops down for 2 Adults and the small table in the rear will hold an adult or two small children.

There are just us 2 so we went with the Alpine. Is 17' 6" and will fit in the garage. Also only weighs in at 1400 lbs. Ours came with the front storage option so there is plenty of storage space

We towed it back from Florida with a Kia Sorento 5 speed manual. (rated for 3500#) Towing was a breeze with 15 mpg.

The next size up in the Chalet line is about a foot longer an 1000 lbs heavier I think.

We have been casually looking for a year and hit upon a deal we could not pass up. We like the all composite construction.

The best sales force Aliner and Chalet have are the actual owners. We picked many a brain over the past year and EVERY owner was most gracious (as most campers are).

This link will direct you to a former Chaler owners site who had one for 5 yrs. A good site to see problems he had, fixes and modifications done over the years.

http://www.ligneous.com/cedar/Default.asp?View=welcome

Pressed for time at the moment, but will respond to any questions.

We had a 2004 Viking for the past 5 years and loved it.

Good luck

cndlzrus

thanks for the link and the info, I will check it out some more....

sandykayak

I camp solo most of the time and used to think my 8' box canvas popup was small.  I now have a new Aliner Classic and my old PU seems HUGE.

I KNEW the Aliner was larger when folded (I was intimidaded by this at first) and smaller inside, but it's challenging to keep things organized - unless you are Type A.  Although you could sleep 4 - with the kids sharing the double bed on the dinette - it would be cramped during inclement weather.  

However, Aliner has larger models - Expedition and the Ease.  The Ease (has shower) is being discontinued so you might be able to get a good deal.  google aliner ease

they also have a model that doesn't fold.

sandykayak

ForestCreature

Even tho I'm an Aliner owner, the Chalet XL has a dormer and an extra foot or 2 that may make it livable to camp with kids.

People do it , but 2 adults and 2 growing kids in an Aframe would be tight.  
It's interesting enough with 2 adults and 2 dogs, lol.

Done Working

I was wondering about that when I read that article, he never did mention anything about the sleeping arrangements.