Started by Civil_War_Buff, Mar 11, 2003, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

6Quigs
4 days for Friday arrivals

3 days for Thursday arrivals

2 days for us!!!
[/b][/size]

Boy this group is really slacking, no one kept up the countdown!

Joan

towrod

calstate360

QuoteORIGINAL:  calstate360

Joan faxed the list to the campground today so it is all set to go.
 They have the shade covers setup at the campsites & at the group
 fire ring. See you all there.
 Sal

Hi Sal & Joan,
 We re all getting excited about the rally and will start sorting and packing [8D]tomorrow.  I noticed you mentioned shade covers being set up -
 Does this mean that we don t need to pack our own pop up canopies?

Calstate361

Calstate361Towrod, no, you need to bring what ever shade canopy you have becasue the one that the park is setting up will be on the grassy area.  You will still need a canopy for shade on the side of your trailer.  They call the area where you all will be " Sun Valley"  because there are no trees.

Joan

towrod

Calstate361Thanks Joan [:D]
 I imagine most of our days will be spent inside YNP but we ll be sure to pack up a canopy for the campsite.

Ab Diver

Calstate361The house is done! (crowd goes wild)

Sal and Joan, mark us down for arrival Thursday, leaving Sunday. This gives me a couple days to get all the loose ends in order, and rig the trailer for silent running. Mapquest says it ll be 5 hours and 38 minutes to get there. Let s hope traffic keeps that down to less than 6 hours.[:@]

So, are we gunna string misters between all the pop-ups to keep our group cool? I don t have a stand-alone shade canopy, just our pop-up awning (which needs a replacement awning pole tip-- please see Fix It forum). Guess you guys won t need the Buddy this time, eh?[;)]

Ummmm, dunno what s going on with the foodstuffs.... what er y all agin  ta be fixin  fer vittles? Are you still planning the DO roast, Joan? What holes can we fill in the menu?

Don t you guys just LOVE last minute drop-ins with lots of questions? (ducking, Jim Redelfs  style)

Calstate361

Calstate361
3 days for Friday arrivals

2 days for Thursday arrivals[/size]

1 day for us!!!
[/size]

(In Ab Diver style....as she skips down the hallway singing " only one more day, only one more day" )  [:D]

Dave (Ab Diver), so glad you have worked your little fingers to the bone, hope they don t hurt much.  As far as food, I didn t get anywhere asking folks what they wanted to do.  Received one response to do hot dogs and/or hambergers on both Friday and Saturday night.  I agreed, since most everyone will be at Yosemite we will just wing it and who and what ever food shows up at the Pot-Luck is what we get.  We may even start a little bit later, like 7:00ish, to give people time to get back and join in.

Yes, I am still doing the 2 roasts in the Dutch Ovens on Thursday night.  I don t know what the others are bringing, but if you could do the mashed potatoes that would be great.  I was planing on doing the potatoes and some corn on the cob, so that would help.  Probably need to make it for about 5-6 families.  The roasts give off a nice gravy so I will have that also.

No, I don t think we will need your " Buddy"  this time.  I think it will be real nice.  The news has been saying that it has been in the 80 s in Yosemite this last week and we think they get their reading in Yosemite Valley which is warmer than where we will be.  My guess is it will be in the middle to high 70 s so we may not need our misters.  We are bringing ours anyway, it is already in the trailer.  You said one of your poles is broken for your awning.  If you don t get it fixed before you come, we have a canopy that you can borrow.

REMEMBER, you won t need to bring your gray water tank.  Bring a small ice chest for your trip into Yosemite because the sodas, etc. are pretty expensive and water fountains are not that easily found.  Be prepare to do some hiking because you have to make quite a treck to some of the sites (like Half Dome).

And, last but not least, we have instructed the guard not to let you in unless you have your " Hornet Killing Suit"  with you because we want a recreation at the fire ring Friday or Saturday night.

Also, don t forget that there are a lot of fruit stands between Modest and Oakdale so if you need fruit, veggies, nuts, etc., these are the places to stop.  My favorite stop is the one at the corner of the Hwy. and Jack Tone Road (it is at a stop light on the right side with plenty of room for the TV and PU to park).

Glad you can make it, we will watch for you.  We will try to be in space 94 or somewhere close to that area so when you drive by look for us.

Editing because I forgot to mention that they not only have a large fire ring for us to gather around, but have individual fire rings for each campsite so bring wood.  You can purchase a bundle (6-7 pieces of wood) there for about $7.

See you there.

Joan

Ab Diver

Calstate361
QuoteIn Ab Diver style....as she skips down the hallway

For the record:  I never did anything like that with any part of my body. [;)]

Ok, we ll supply the squashed taters. I have an old family recipe that speeds the process up. It involves laying the spuds in a line and getting the tires on the tow rig aligned just so... you ll see. [:o]

As for the Hornet Diving, it s my duty as an instructor to inform you that, due to the campground s location, any dive re-creation would be considered an " altitude"  dive and subject to the laws of physics and reduced dive time-tables. In short... any actual seminar *on location* would be too short. You ll just have to get by with my wife s narrative of the event. Sorry, them s the laws of nature, and you can t break those thar rules. [;)]

(hoping she buys that line of BS so I don t have to show how foolish I looked climbing up a ladder on a two-story house in near-total darkness to kill some itty-bitty-bugs, all the while praying the neighbors didn t see me dressed in black and call the cops thinking I was a cat-burglar [:o] )

We ll bring some wood for the communal fire as well.

(deftly changes subject by offering to assist the group effort, thereby turning their attention to other matters... I hope)

Can t wait to see you all again. Drive safe everybody.

calstate360

Calstate361Ok here is the weather outlook for Groveland where the campground is located.

High /Low (øF)  Precip. %  

Tue  Aug 19  Mostly Sunny         92ø/54ø 0 %

Wed Aug 20  Sunny                   94ø/55ø 0 %

Thu  Aug 21  Isolated T-Storms   93ø/53ø 30 %

Fri  Aug 22  Mostly Sunny          88ø/51ø 20 %

Sat  Aug 23  Mostly Sunny         90ø/53ø 20 %

Sun  Aug 24  Sunny                  92ø/53ø 20 %

Mon  Aug 25  Sunny                 93ø/54ø 20 %

Tue  Aug 26  Sunny                  92ø/51ø 0 %

Wed  Aug 27  Mostly Sunny      89ø/51ø 0 %

Thu  Aug 28  Sunny                  88ø/50ø 0 %

Sal

calstate360

Calstate361Is anyone going to be home on Wed.?
 Just incase something comes up at the campground
 I can call and have someone post it.
 I do not have any dialup access

Sal

Ab Diver

Calstate361We ll be home Sal, although in and out getting last minute stuff done. If you miss us, leave a message and I ll make sure one of us is home when/if you call back. Give us a ring and we ll pass any info along to everybody.

calstate360

Ab Diver
QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

We ll be home Sal, although in and out getting last minute stuff done. If you miss us, leave a message and I ll make sure one of us is home when/if you call back. Give us a ring and we ll pass any info along to everybody.

Thanks Dave
 We won t call unless there are traffic or campground problems.
 Sal

calstate360

Calstate361
QuoteORIGINAL:  Calstate361
 Yes, I am still doing the 2 roasts in the Dutch Ovens on Thursday night.
 Joan

Hummm
 Then how come I spent the 3 days seasoning the ovens again?
 How come I have to cook and watch them? Slaving over hot charcoal!
 Humm
 Sal

Ab Diver

Calstate361Just a thought.... what FRS radio freq do you wanna use to announce our arrival and communicate during the rally? How about a K.I.S.S. method: the year as the channel, and the month as the security code. As in " 3-8"  for this rally. Or does that sound too simple and probably used by other groups?

Sacto, can I get an NNC Bylaw ruling from our participating webmaster?

SactoCampers

Ab Diver
QuoteSacto, can I get an NNC Bylaw ruling from our participating webmaster?

No. Bylaws can t be forced, they must come naturally upon general consensus. You try to play it off like you re into the democratic process and then you go and ask for a dictatorship ruling.

BTW, I have no intention of kissing you. Hugging is as far as I go.

Me, I ll just wave at you on your way in and then yell over to your site if I need anything. Oh, I also need you and 6Quigs to pull out your investigator s magnifying glasses and locate my hot water drain valve. I told Kevin I d remind him to remind me to remind him to remind me.

6Quigs

calstate360
QuoteThu Aug 21 Isolated T-Storms 93ø/53ø 30 %
Yikes, Glad we are not arriving till Friday.

Poped up the camper this weekend, and took out maybe 50 pounds of stuff we had been lugging around, extra sheets, extra towels, tins of soup, extra chairs the kids never use...
 Joan Margaret likes the idea of hot dogs & burgers for Saturday potluck, just keep it simple.

Sal, we will also be home Wed and Thur, if you can t get AbDiver, and need something posted on the boards