News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: NNC Fireside Chat, Wed. 8:30 pm

Started by g-whiz, Mar 12, 2003, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

SurfcalFlipped in Cottonwooder s absence

Let s get together again for a grand ol  chat at the Fireside.

The Fireside has been a great new avenue for NNCers to gather around the virtual campfire to stay in touch. Old familiar names with real time zingers and old fashioned Rabble Rousing.

It s a great opportunity to relive Snug Harbor and to look forward to SLO. One of our regular features is CWB and see what alias he ll be using this time.

So, mark your calendars for:

When: Wednesday, March 26 - 8:00 to 9:30 PM Pacific
 Where: The PUT Fireside
 What to wear: The NNC thong
 Music to listen to: Neil Diamond and ABBA
 Food: Virtual s mores and hot dogs will be served
 Drinks: No host bar, although we recommend Harvey Wallbangers and Margariters

< Message edited by Sactocampers -- 3/25/2003 12:53:43 PM >

SactoCampers

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Flipped in Cottonwooder s absence

Let s get together again for a grand ol  chat at the Fireside.

The Fireside has been a great new avenue for NNCers to gather around the virtual campfire to stay in touch. Old familiar names with real time zingers and old fashioned Rabble Rousing.

It s a great opportunity to relive Snug Harbor and to look forward to SLO. One of our regular features is CWB and see what alias he ll be using this time.

So, mark your calendars for:

When: Wednesday, March 26 - 8:00 to 9:30 PM Pacific
 Where: The PUT Fireside
 What to wear: The NNC thong
 Music to listen to: Neil Diamond and ABBA
 Food: Virtual s mores and hot dogs will be served
 Drinks: No host bar, although we recommend Harvey Wallbangers and Margariters

< Message edited by Sactocampers -- 3/25/2003 12:53:43 PM >

Translated back to Euro:

Yes, whether you are Ossified or Off the Drink, let s all gather for a Suckin Diesel time. I would be Gobsmacked if attendance isn t high, but alas, some people wish not to Dodder in the chat room. 6Quigs will give a Tener to all who attend the virtual rally, while Surfcal will serve up hotdogs and Colcannon.

6Quigs, are you Twistin  Hay with that " edited by SactoCampers"  tag line?

[8D]

Cottonwooder

6Quigs
QuoteWhen: Wednesday, March 26 - 8:00 to 9:30 PM Pacific

Wow, I can actually be there without arriving late from somewhere else!  [:)]

6QuigsHey folks,

Last week we had real good attendance what a nice new avenue for our group.  In most chat rooms, you converse with people you ve never met.  But the NNC chat is quite the opposite, where you know exactly who you re chatting with, and in that, it s pretty unique.

So for those that have not joined in the past, come on in and drop by.  I hope to see you there.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Surfcal pulled an Otter.

In fairness to my colleagues Sacto, I have earned a a couple of not so flattering titles.  Perhaps there should be a poll on which one applies more to me.

- GSM X2 says that Pulling a Surfcal means that you totally wreck the site assignments lineup.

- Then, CWB says that Pulling a Surfcal means that you pull out early of a rally and that full credit for attending a rally is contingent upon what two nights you spend at a rally.  In my case, at Olema, I failed to stay for the Saturday Night potluck, but I was there Thurs. and Fri. nights.

CWB is now making up rules as he goes along.  So, I leave it up to the constituency.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal

QuoteIn fairness to my colleagues Sacto, I have earned a a couple of not so flattering titles.  Perhaps there should be a poll on which one applies more to me.

- GSM X2 says that Pulling a Surfcal means that you totally wreck the site assignments lineup.

You don t want that title. It s a direct violation of NNC goal #2: " Ensure site assignment tranquility"  That s worse than violating a bylaw.

Quote- Then, CWB says that Pulling a Surfcal means that you pull out early of a rally and that full credit for attending a rally is contingent upon what two nights you spend at a rally.  In my case, at Olema, I failed to stay for the Saturday Night potluck, but I was there Thurs. and Fri. nights.

Too vague and poorly defined, but expected from CWB. [;)][8D]

QuoteCWB is now making up rules as he goes along.  So, I leave it up to the constituency.

Why would you care unless you felt threatened by CWB s rabble rousing ability. Apparently his RR stock has improved based on the Snug rally? Rabble rousing in person is much easier than on the boards. I mean, how difficult is it to steal the bathroom key? You were impressed by that? [8D]

Remember, CWB is a rabble rousing VICTIM, he is NOT a threat.

We ll get you a title, but we can t force it. These things must come naturally. CWB is forcing it, which is indicative of a lack of rabble rousing prowess.

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Surfcal pulled an Otter.

In fairness to my colleagues Sacto, I have earned a a couple of not so flattering titles.  Perhaps there should be a poll on which one applies more to me.

- Then, CWB says that Pulling a Surfcal means that you pull out early of a rally and that full credit for attending a rally is contingent upon what two nights you spend at a rally.  In my case, at Olema, I failed to stay for the Saturday Night potluck, but I was there Thurs. and Fri. nights.

CWB is now making up rules as he goes along.  So, I leave it up to the constituency.

Surfcal

Is this where we vote?  I like GSM x2 " pulling a Surfcal" .  At Olema his pulling into Sammyslaves site really created a domino effect and caused a riff.  It lasted for two days and we still talk about it.

As for attending a rally... our lives are so busy that I feel if someone can only attend one night of a rally it counts.  I mean, really, they could have not attended at all and it probably would have made their lives easier, but the fact that they took the time... even for one night... shows dedication.

That s the G-Whiz vote.

6QuigsI d like to vote on this also.

But, I m sure the two spoiled school kids will make up some new rule just so my vote does not count.

Pulling a Surfcal should mean playing havoc with the site assignments.
 Can t wait till the June Gold Rush Rally to  Pull a Surfcal [:D]

Wonder will Sacto be as entertaining as Sammyslave was[;)]

Though if Surfcal ever dares to pop up his  Half a Popup  in my site, it would dissapear quicker than a bowl of Ableskivers at a NNC breakfast.

Your friendly NNC Guest

Surfcal

6QuigsHey Larry, aka Guest:

It s nice to have you back on the boards.

Surfcal

Nick

Civil_War_Buff

Surfcal
QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

Surfcal

As it should be,  and is in any self respecting Dictatorship!! Right Nick?[&:]

Nick

Civil_War_BuffThats ok CWB, just sit in your corner and make up your rules.  We will be sure to stop and pat you on the head now and then.[:D][;)]

Civil_War_Buff

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Thats ok CWB, just sit in your corner and make up your rules.  We will be sure to stop and pat you on the head now and then.[:D][;)]

Nickie,

You are the one that has the title right above that rabid looking raccoon below your name!!  Dictator, Modulator, it s all about the same thing...POWER!! Right Sacto?