RE: Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally (1/17-1/19/03)

Started by gsm x2, Jan 05, 2003, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Since this is fast approaching and there still is not a club section I (actually the rabble-rouser Surfcal) figured we better have a place for this.
 Btw, if anyone else still wants to go I can bring my generator, battery charger, & 3 batteries (1 group 27 & 2 group 24 s) to ensure that your power will not run low.  We would love to have you join us, so don t let the fact that the full hook-up sites are gone discourage you!  Or just stop by Saturday for some fun in the fresh air, incredible food, and great (& silly) conversation.

QuoteWell, with nothing better to do, some of us accidentally set a rally in motion.

Red Barchetta;

quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Although I ve enjoyed (in a strange sort of way) the abuse, this trip has been postponed due to water dropping out of the sky; We will try again in mid-January.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick;

quote:
 Jeff - Michele and I are looking into camping mid January also. Have not decided on a place yet.

Red Barchetta;

quote:
 Mike,
 Are you guys interested in meeting somewhere in the middle? We are free the w/e s of 1/4 & 1/18. Let me know what you think.

Nick;

quote:
 Hey Jeff-
 The weekend of the 18th works for us. Lets throw out some places to look.
 I bet you $10.00 this is going to turn into a mini rally

Surfcal;

quote:
 I m sure I ll join you guys if you go to Lake Chabot.

Nick;

quote:
 That works for me if it works for Jeff and crew.

SactoCamper & 6Quigs (two of my closest Coughing brother s);

quote:
 Oh wait, you said Jeff is coming? Forget it. What s this a mini rally being organised here hidden in this thread.
 Sounds great,
 Oh wait,
 Jeff s going to be there.
 Forget it

Surfcal & gsm x2 (quickly come to my defense in a true show of Coughing support);

quote:
 Jeff:
 I m with you man. But you have to drink that Thunderbird and Malt Liquor as your penance for violating group policy. Gee,
 I happen to like Jeff. Course I also like driving 5-8 hours to go camping for a weekend.

TeacherMom steps in and reminds us all about the strong bonds of camping and her impending bottle-in-front-of-me;

quote:
 Camping mid-January - Hey if I m not recovering from surgery, Sounds like a plan to me!

With such a warm united feeling spread throughout Nick-Neff-Cough, all is set as Red Barchetta proclaims;

quote:
 Chabot sounds terrific! We are in! I ll be calling first thing Monday morning for the w/e of 01/18/03 (510-562-2267 or 510-635-0135);
 http://www.ebparks.org/parks/anchabot.htm
 It looks like there are only 12 Full hook-up sites, so call as soon as you can! Although since nobody wants to camp with little old me, I guess I ll have the place to myself, lol!
 Looking at the map;
 http://www.ebparks.org/resources/pdf/camp/chcamp1.pdf
 &;
 http://www.ebparks.org/resources/pdf/camp/chcamp2.pdf
 it looks like sites 1 - 12 are the ones we want. Sites 5 - 12 look like maybe the area we should try for, with 8 - 12 being preferred (at least by me) and a little ways away from the restrooms, which I like.
 Also, Amy & I are card carrying members of the Chabot Space & Science Center;
 http://www.chabotspace.org/
 which is right up the road, so if we pretend that everyone is my brother, child, or my many wives, then everyone can get in free

SactoCamper (who is really jealous because he can t come) forwards a warning from Mrs. SactoCamper;

quote:
 regarding Lake Chabot, " Don t you know that s where they dump dead bodies?"

SactoCamper then offers a warm;

quote:
 Anyway, hope you guys have fun.

Red Barchetta then remarks;

quote:
 Uh Ray, it s little details such as " you ll be fitted for cement shoes upon arrival"  that would be helpful to us all when choosing a campground

Red Barchetta naturally then begs;

quote:
 Next suggestion? Anyone?

as well as thanking our protector;

quote:
  Mrs. SactoCamper -
 Thank you for the tip and warning!

Suspiciously, SactoCamper & Surfcal then fan the flames as if there is nothing to fear (except SactoCamper & Surfcal);

quote:
 I was just kidding about the dead bodies thing!
 ....although it HAS happened before. Don t worry about the dead bodies comment. Notice Sacto said they dumped them there, they don t actually " off"  them there.

So, as you can see, a warm weekend looms ahead in this beautiful setting. Please join us if you can, where you will find me wide awake in my TV with the alarm on!

Sites;
 #1 - gsm him & her (they are noisy at night, so they are off by themselves)
 #2 - Y-Guy & TeacherMom (There will be a lot of explaining regarding #1 s activities)
 #5 - Hybrid Holly (who needs a pull-through site for her fancy big rig)
 #7 - Sacto Camper (the presence alone of Mrs. Sacto is a relief to us all)
 #35 - Surfcal (his lack of concern worries the rest of us and will be monitored)
 #8 - Nick (who will erect a fence around our sites to keep the body snatchers away)
 #9, #9, #9 - " The Walrus is Dead" , er SammySlave
 #10 - Red Barchetta (who can happily be found at #9 with a drink)

Thought I better copy n  paste that before it s gone.
 I think gsm x2 & g-whiz are arriving on Thursday (1/16) and I will be there by 12:00 on Friday (1/17).

Also, this link is working today, but I don t know about tomorrow, etc...;
 http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26348

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaJeff,

We ll be there Thursday mid-afternoon.  Should we bring a video camera so we can do INSTANT REPLAYS of people backing into their sites?

BTW--you would have loved something that happened at Cachuma; not by a PUT member.

PU pulls up to their space. Instead of backing in, they drive forward to a nearby space, drive out into a field and make a U-turn, then pull forward into their space....well except it isn t their space so they have to repeat the manuever until they get into their correct space.  Would have made a good video.

Scott

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaThat guy was a bonehead.  He tore up the field!  What was he thinking, that it was a pull through?  Are you and I talking about the same guy?  I thought it was a guy that was pulling TT or a 5th Wheel.

Surfcal

gsm x2

SurfcalRay,

I don t think we are talking about the same guy.  This was the PU that was a space or two down from you. They arrived before you did.  I don t think they tore up the field, but the judge s scores were
 1-2-1-1-1 with the French judge giving them a 6.

Scott

OC Campers

Red neff BarchettaWas that the Jayco that was next to us?   I would of loved to see that.  When Christopher and I were playing football in the field one afternoon, I noticed the tire marks in the clover and I was wondering what fool would drive their car in there amongst the gopher " condo"  holes?

Hybrid Holly

Red neff BarchettaHey Jeff,
 Where did you cut and paste the text from?  I would like to track down my list of participants for Snug Harbor.  
 Do we have a food plan for Lake Chabot?  I don t remember?  What can I bring?

SactoCampers

Hybrid Holly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly

Hey Jeff,
 Where did you cut and paste the text from?  I would like to track down my list of participants for Snug Harbor.  
 Do we have a food plan for Lake Chabot?  I don t remember?  What can I bring?

Holly,

I think they are listed on the NNC website. Just click on Upcoming Events and then on the " Negative Bouyancy Rally"  map. They should be there.

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaI think by default, we all have to consult Sammyslave, the Kitchen Nazi with anything concerning food and drinks.  And that ll be at Site 10?

Lately, we have been going with the appetizer format for the Saturday Night Potluck and it s worked out well.  You actually eat more because you just keep sniping away at little things.  Plus, it frees up one hand for your drink because you only have to employ one hand for the finger food.  It s quite brilliant.

We should also give Sammyslave the chance to truly utilize his new 3 burner gas stove he received for Christmas.  Although, it s become a " yoke"  among us that Sammyslave only does heart stoppers, so if you want only eggs whites, you re on your own.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal
QuotePlus, it frees up one hand for your drink because you only have to employ one hand for the finger food. It s quite brilliant.

That is pure genious!

Oh, BTW Ray, I forgot to respond to a message WAY back on the other board: Be it stated that a gathering of over 15 NNC attendees shall be designated a " Mega Rally."  [:)]  Another thing. Something miraculous happened: I was fiddling around with the Gold Country rally map.....and now you can actually read the names on the sites!! Try it!

As of now, Olema Ranch and Gold Country rallies are hereafter, MEGARALLIES! So I guess Holly better start marketing! That is, unless she wants it to merely be a " mini"  rally like Jeff s! [8D][8D]. Just kidding!

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteHey Jeff,
 Where did you cut and paste the text from? I would like to track down my list of participants for Snug Harbor.
Holly,
 the old message board is still on line, and what s funny is you can still post a message there.
 Try this link to our old" Western Rally Forum"  and Lake Chabot thread is still there.

http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/FORUM.asp?FORUM_ID=18

Neff,
 you have been neglecting your bumping duties on the  2003 Gold Country Rally
 http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/FORUM.asp?FORUM_ID=29

Hybrid Holly

Red neff Barchettalooks like we are going to end up as a mini-me Rally in Snug Harbor.  We have 11....getting to 15 might be a challenge...or is that more than 15...i.e. 16??
 list so far:
 Surfcal
 6Quigs
 Sacto Camper
 CWB
 Red Barchetta
 Sammyslave
 Champ521
 SCCS
 GSM X2 - maybe
 Hybrid Holly
 Memory Maker

Hybrid Holly

Red neff Barchetta6Quigs is right!  You can post on the old forum.  Have we entered the twilight zone?

SactoCampers

Red neff BarchettaJust tried to make " last minute"  reservations (convinced DW to go, so we could take Baby Sacto to the zoo) but all the full hookups were reserved [:(]. Gues we ll have to find somewhere else to camp that weekend, ......or wait until Olema Ranch. I m getting withdrawls. [&:][&:]

Did anybody happen to reserve two sites just in case?

sammyslave

Red neff BarchettaSurfcal.. the cafe and pub are in #9.  Happy hour starts @5PM on the 16th and will continue throughout the weekend. We should start to think of getting a keg for all the non-gin drinkers. (and I do make egg white only omelets)!

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaHey Sactocampers,

I can give up my site and you can use it.  I am used to dry camping anyway.  I ll be more than happy to let you have my site.  I can go to one of the regular sites at the other sections.

Surfcal