RE: Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally (1/17-1/19/03)

Started by gsm x2, Jan 05, 2003, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammyslave

Hybrid HollyRay, Ray,Ray..why do you have to kick a man while he s down...and I ll have you know Betsy the sheep comes from a very fine family...we had her parents over for dinner the other night.

Nick

sammyslaveCome Pop-Up with Me (Come Fly away with Me)

Come pop-up with me, let s pop, let s pop-up today
 If you can use some exotic booze
 There s a bar in near Sammyslave

Come pop-up with me, let s drive down to Chabot
 In Bay land there s a one-man band
 And he ll strum his guitar for you
 Come pop-up with me, let s drive off in the blue

Once you get your your top poped up where the air is rarified
         We ll just glide, the bed ends out.
         Once we all get set up I ll be handing you a beer
         You may hear angels cheer  cause we re together

Weather-wise it s such a lovely day
 You just say the words and we ll beat the birds
 Down to San Francisco Bay
 It s perfect for happy camping, they say

<instrumental>

Once you get your your top poped up where the air is rarified
         We ll just glide, the bed ends out.
         Once we all get set up I ll be handing you a beer
         You may hear angels cheer  cause we re together

Weather-wise it s such a lovely day
 You just say the words and we ll beat the birds
 Down to San Francisco Bay
 It s perfect for happy camping, they say
 Pack up, let s pop-up today!!

Ok Ray, you think you can have this one down by Chabot?

Surfcal

NickNick:

I think this is more of a Kazoo piece rather than a guitar.  Georgeanne, let s start at B-flat.

Surfcal

gsm x2

sammyslaveLarry,

So Rita gets sammyslave.  Hmm, let s see what I can brainstorm in a few minutes.

The Popping Gourmet
 Have Kitchen Will Travel
 NeverEnoughStuff
 SammyWalker
 SirCooksAlot
 dechinzer

Hope that may help

Scott

otter

sammyslaveThe otters are back [:)][&:].  I m having problems positng; not sure if it is me or the site.  
 What is this I hear?? no more hook ups at Chabot??  Geeezzeee.  Procrastinators get no breaks here.  Oh Well, Let s hope we are home enjoying watching the local teams in the playoffs.  
 If not and the weather is FANTASTIC we can always come and find a spot.  Sounds like a real fun crowd.  
 I will be gone for the Olema rally, but Lon thinks he will come up.  I think we are paid there; at least for one night.  
 Fun to be back reading through these threads.  
 hugs to all
 Otter[:)]

otter

sammyslaveGuess I need to redo our signature.  Leanring curves; my favorite things.
 Lon,Dianne, and Sadie
 Carpe Popupum

g-whiz

sammyslave
QuoteWell..G-whiz, now you went and done it! Rita wants her own account and wants Sammyslave

Oh I am SO excited.  The HA-HA Sisterhood will make its mark!  But, have Rita consider Sophie s Choice.  If that doesn t fly, then I agree that the Kitchennazi would be a perfect fit, and also agree that it might offend some people.  But, Seinfeld used the term and it was allowed, so maybe you should just go for it.  

If you don t go with it, here are some suggestions from me:

South Bay Gourmet
 SanJose Gourmet
 3 Pot Stirrer
 Get Otta My Kitchen
 Bubble Boy
 Cookin  With Gas
 100 DB Snorer
 Too Many Toys
 Not Enough Toys
 3 Hour Setup

Ok, the first 5 were mine and then Scott started in!

gsm x2

sammyslaveWelcome Lon and Dianne,

Glad to have you here and on the learning curve.

In case you didn t hear, Georgeanne is now g-whiz in case you hear from her.

gsm x2

Surfcal

sammyslaveLarry:

As far as the name goes, how about the:

- Camper Chef
 - Camping Chef

This has no real implications on you, other than it s cute:

- PopUp goes the Weasel

And finally, the:

- Silence of the Lambs

Surfcal

otter

sammyslaveThe YAA-HHAA-HHAA sisterhood will always be with us g-whiz!  So glad you are posting now.  We have to get Rita on now.  I love Sophie s Choice!  great name.  
 we waited to long to do the Chabot trip, but Lon says he will go to Olema even tho I am off sipping Mai Tai s.  And snug Habor should be a sure thing for us.  
 I m practicing on my recorder so I can join the Kazoo YAA-HAA-HAA band.  
 Feels good  to hear all the ole rat a tat on this site.  
 hugs

g-whiz

otterHi Dianne & Lon!  I think Ray is camping in the non-hookup part of the campground with a promise from Jeff to keep things charged with all of his fancy equipment.  Maybe you two should reconsider.  After all, what would the HA-HA Sisterhood (I shortened the name - It s an NNC thing) be without you there, Dianne?  Glad to see you here and glad to be here myself.  I just have to learn to limit myself (yeah right!) so that I get my other goals accomplished also.

otter

sammyslaveI did read about all the equipment available for the non hook up folks.  We will keep it in mind and reconsider when we see the weather and football playoff situations.  I need to to hop these things sooner, but we have so much going on with birthdays etc this month, I thought it best to wait.  
 I am reading " If Only It Was True"   It is pretty funny.  Sounds like it would make a great movie.  
 Off to a birthday party for our 7 year old tomorrow and then the 49ers and Oakland games on Sunday.  Shuch a tough life!!! And I hope to get up to the Expo Hall to watch Sophie show.  That would be fun.  
 Hugs

Surfcal

otterHey Dianne:

Good to see you active on the boards again.  We missed you when you were gone.  I hope you consider coming.

Here s my story.  I have to go to Texas for work on Wednesday and then I have to go to New York.  But instead of going directly from Texas to New York, I made special arrangements to come back on Thursday night so that I can go to Chabot on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then I ll fly out to New York on Monday.

In essence, even though I probably live the closest to Lake Chabot, I guess I can technically claim the furthest travelled because my originating point is Plano, TX.  And if I can do all that, then I hope you and Lon can consider coming out.

Just a little friendly persuasion.

Surfcal

Ab Diver

sammyslaveWow, you guys have been busy. Just trying to catch up with this thread. Wish we could go, but will have to wait for Olema.

Ok Larry, I see a golden opportunity here... Let Rita have the name Sammyslave, and you switch to Sammymaster, or just plain Sammy. We guys have to keep those womenfolks in their place, right?

(ducking)

Hybrid Holly

sammyslaveHey Dianne and Lon,
 You should definately come to Lake Chabot.  All of the playff games will be on Sunday, so you could make it home for the start!  Or we could stay and watch the playoff games from our many 9 inch and at least one 13 inch TV!  We could even have a tailgate party!