RE: Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally (1/17-1/19/03)

Started by gsm x2, Jan 05, 2003, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

g-whiz
QuoteYour house is going to smell great, too!

Yep, thats one of my favorite things about making bread.

Y-Guy

Red neff BarchettaHey folks well though we will soon not longer be considered Coughers by some we are set to go this weekend! Wooho I m excited, then again I m excited to be doing anything but packing boxes... though I wouldn t dare compare this group and boxes.. nope not me.

We should be pulling in between 5:30-6:00.  Anyone know if bikes for the kids are a good thing at this park?

Red neff Barchetta

SurfcalMan, I m still not figuring this place out very well!  Why does this say I am replying to " On Dixie Dregs" ?  What s up with having a moderator?  I sure hope Nick doesn t get too big for his britches or we ll have to punish him, lol.  Not that I (*&*^%#$^^!) am worried about (#%*^$#!) myself, but there (*&%#$#%!) are some in this (%^^$#@T%$&%!) group who worry me with (%^%$$%^!) their language and (^%^%!) their behavior.  Sure puts Nick in a hard spot.

gsm x2

SurfcalJeff,

I can t say that I have figured it out too well either, but I have figured out ONE THING.  Any particular thread can have a number if different headings IF people change the SUBJECT LINE in their REPLIES.

For example, this five page thread contains the following SUBJECTS.

Started with " Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally ... "  by Red
 I changed the subject to " Four and a Half Pounds of KAZOOS"
 Brian added " SactoCampers is on board... "
 Nick put in the subject " Food"
 Nick then added " Free Sinatra Friday! "
 Ray went with " Larry s Name Competition... "  and then " On Chabot attendance... "  and then " On Dixie Dregs"
 Nick added " Chabot"
 Sacto with " Negative Buoyancy"

If one REPLIES to the icon in a message, the new message will contain the subject of the message you are replying to.  I haven t figured out exactly how the subject is chosen if one clicks on the POST REPLY icon on the bottom of the page.

And the problem I see is that when I use the POSTS SINCE LAST VISIT option, I can get three or four different subjects that have been replied to....ALL leading to the same thread.  This also makes it hard to remember which thread contains which topics.

So, I offer this suggestion.  Please don t change the SUBJECT in the thread.  If you have a different topic you want to discuss, please start a NEW THREAD.  Do you think this is a good idea?

gsm x2

Hybrid Holly

SurfcalI m going to head down Friday early afternoon.  I think Pete will joing us on Saturday.  What appetizers do we still need?

otter

SurfcalThanks Jeff for the heads up on registering.  I haven t done that.  Do you have any suggestions on which space might be  best given where everyone else is?  Does Ray have a space yet?  Do you know what it is? We should be together.  We are so small we should be able to double up with others, actually.  
 I will call in the morning and get a space.  Hope to hear from you from you by then.
 G-whiz:  you are soooo smart figuring out this subject  re: stuff.  However, I did not follow your sage wisdom. I just couldn t write to Dixie Dregs...  so I changed the subject line.  
 This site is a real challange, ibut it is getting better, or (maybe) I am..
 Not that it makes sense yet, but getting better.  At least I can reply tonight.  
 hugs all

otter

Surfcalme again:  The ever confused one.  Do we have a plan?  
 I will bring soup for Friday night:  How many people will be there?  
 What is the bread you are making Nick?  Will it go with soup?  I was planning on bring some bread too.
 I have dessert ( providing I remember it) for Friday too.  
 Are we doing a communal Breakfast on Saturday?  I made a couple of banana breads today for either Sat or Sunday.
 Pot lucking Sat night?  Appetizers only?  
  I m ready with wine and fruit and cheese...whenever....that is easy.  
 eager to get there
 otter

Y-Guy

SurfcalWell, not to change the subject line but this in regards to food!

We are bringing a bean casserole dish. It s hamburger, pork n bean, kidney beans, bacon, onion, etc, etc. Pretty yummy. Not really an appetizer but will warm the bod. Also bringing cake and ice cream for Scott s B-day. I can t believe he ll be 8 in a couple of days. Are we doing the potluck event Saturday night? Are people staying until Monday due to the holiday? We re planning on staying.

With the week I ve had (and it s only Tuesday), I m ready for Friday. Our students have been nuts this week!

Sandi

Red neff Barchetta

SurfcalDiane,

Here is the list;
 Sites;
 #1 - gsm him & her (they are noisy at night, so they are off by themselves)
 #2 - Y-Guy & TeacherMom (There will be a lot of explaining regarding #1 s activities)
 #5 - Hybrid Holly (who needs a pull-through site for her fancy big rig)
 #7 - Sacto Camper (the presence alone of Mrs. Sacto is a relief to us all)
 #35 - Surfcal (his lack of concern worries the rest of us and will be monitored)
 #8 - Nick (who will erect a fence around our sites to keep the body snatchers away)
 #9, #9, #9 - " The Walrus is Dead" , er SammySlave
 #10 - Red Barchetta (who can happily be found at #9 with a drink)

Check page 1 of this thread for phone # s, campground map, directions, etc...

I guess you should try and get a site near Ray (#35) if possible.  I m sure he tried to get one closer to the main group, but couldn t.

SactoCampers

SurfcalI m bringing my battery charger, just in case anybody wants to use it. I figured since the second battery box is just sitting there empty and the charger fits perfectly inside it, that I would bring it.

Nick

SurfcalDiane,
 Yes the bread I m making will go with soup.  Check with Larry though cause he was planning on making some soup on Friday night.

g-whiz

otter
QuoteG-whiz: you are soooo smart figuring out this subject re: stuff. However, I did not follow your sage wisdom. I just couldn t write to Dixie Dregs... so I changed the subject line.
 This site is a real challange, ibut it is getting better, or (maybe) I am..
 Not that it makes sense yet, but getting better. At least I can reply tonight.

Of course I would love to take credit for figuring this message board out, but I have to give it over to Scott.  Mostly I feel like I m going in circles with all the subject lines.  It gets to be a little time consuming having to jump all around.  I ve never been much of a bar hopper.  I m more a Cheers kind of girl.  I guess I m getting the hang of it.  Like anything else with the computer... the more you do it the better you get.  Guess that goes for anything in life actually.

g-whiz

otter

QuoteDo we have a plan?

I haven t heard of any plan as yet, so I guess we re making it now.

How  bout I bring the makings for a salad on Friday night to go with the soup?  Somehow I doubt very much if any of us will go to bed hungry.  I haven t seen any posts from sammyslave, but they could be in an entirely different location that I have missed.   I left him a couple of voicemails that I hope he got so he ll know that I have totally flipped my lid (even if no one else gets that, he will).  I m also bringing lots of snack type food because that is how I love to eat when I camp.... all day long.

sammyslave

SurfcalWe ll be there Thursday afternoon...Also making some soup for Friday night. Waffles and sausage for Saturday morning. I have to go back to work on Friday morning. We will bring some snacks for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Red neff Barchetta

NickSniff, I am so proud of this group!  We managed to achieve the minimum required pages (6) of blabber for this rally.  Cough s all around!!!!

Brian,
 Thanks for bringing a charger for Ray & Diane!  I ll leave mine home.  I ve got 3 charged batteries for them to fight over, ha.

I just realized that I kept mentioning bringing the generator to charge batteries when we have 7 full hook-up sites, lol!