News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Rabble Rouser List: Beginning 3/20/03

Started by 6Quigs, Mar 21, 2003, 01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

QuoteHi Cottonwooder:
 Here s your chance. Go ahead and start your own thread. Have you ever started your own?  Just copy & paste and post the elements and you are now the steward of The List. I am going into camping mode and this handover is as good time as any. Everyone, please give your wholehearted support to Patricia and give her lots of material to talk about. It has been my priviledge to rag & RR everyone.

My knees are trembling at being the first to be handed this honorable task, as well as actually starting a thread, something I ve never done before.  Thank you, Master RRer, I hope to serve well.

The List:
 Thursday, 3/20/03
This Week:
 [/b] Snug Harbor " Axe Me About My Weekend"  Rally

Thread of the Day:
 The Poll re. what to do with Guests and killing threads

Today s Nick-Neff-Cough Board Activity Level:
 Has dropped slightly with NNCers packing for Snug Harbor and the two yakky Venturans heading off before the sun rose.

Freestyle Rabble Rouser of The Day:
 Surfcal, trying to befriend Griffsmom in one thread while feeding her to the sharks in another.

Post of The Day:
 From Sactocampers:  " I noticed that too. It s like she walked in there with Birkenstocks and sweaty feet and cleared that room out. "

Skills of The Day

• Griffsmom s discovery of bullets
  • 6Quigs  pulling a Cottonwooder AND doing a Sacto at the same time
  • Coining the terms " Neffers"  and " Snickers"  to differentiate between the
     Northern and Southern Californians

Controversy of The Day
 Guest-ing

This Week s Chat Room Rally Attendees:
 G-Whiz   <--(chat host)
 GSM X2
 Nick
 Otter
 Surfcal
 Cottonwooder
 CWB (aka CWyaB)
 OC Campers
 6Quigs (Kevin & Margaret)

Frequent Flyers & the Mile High Club:
 6Quigs
 GSM X2
 G-Whiz
 Cottonwooder
 Sactocampers

Active:
 Nick
 Hybrid Holly
 Griffsmom
 Surfcal
 OC Campers
 Red " neff"  Barchetta

Occasional:
 Otter
 CA Girl_101
 Ralph
 Civil_War_Buff
 ckkevin

Dormant/Rare Sighting:
 Ab Diver
 TMM
 TeacherMom
 Forest Walker
 Sammyslave
 SCCS (N&I-Scott)
 oldmoose
 Duanne Family

Rookie:
 Champ521
 Stimpy
 RTurner
 Clueless in Sacramento

Missing in Action:
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster:
 Robucko

6Quigs

CottonwooderLet me be the first to congratulate you on an admirable job.

You managed to cover the highlights of the day s postings,
 and got a few respectable jabs at people.
 Nothing too spicy, which is fine foir your first day on the job.

Looking forward to your daily reports

Nick

CottonwooderHey whats up with this.  Not only was I left of the list for chat attendees but I m listed as dormant or lurking.  I have over 20 posts in the past two days?[>:]

And I m the 20th top poster at PUT.

Ok, I m done whining now.

Cottonwooder

Nick
QuoteNot only was I left of the list for chat attendees but I m listed as dormant or lurking. I have over 20 posts in the past two days?

Let s blame Surfcal for that.  He compiled the list of chatters.  Your standings have been fixed.  I m sure there are others who should move up or down the rankings, so please let me know.  (I don t actually count posts, LOL!)

griffsmom

Cottonwooder
QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

The List:
Skills of The Day

Controversy of The Day

[/b]

Wow, and new List categories, no less.  Well done, girl! <insert old forum s thumb s up here>[/b]

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderHellooooo-oooooo-ooooooo-ooooooo-oooooooooo????????????

:::::empty room merely echos back:::::  [:(]

forestwalker

CottonwooderSo glad that we have not been purged.Looking forward to meeting you folks in the future,when our scheduals so permit.Were considering dropping by for a visit at the upcoming SLO ralley-but DW got a new job-out the window went our " long weekend" .Looks like we ll spend the time that we do have that weekend at our Lake Santa Margarita campsite.Hasta luego internet amigos....

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteHellooooo-oooooo-ooooooo-ooooooo-oooooooooo????????????

:::::empty room merely echos back:::::  

Challenging Cottonwooder to come up with a term to describe the act of moving up the Frequent Posters List by pasting the same message into lots of different threads.

Come on SBP friend--I know you can do it.

gsm x2

Surfcal

CottonwooderCottonwooder:

I like your New and Improved List.  I like the new categories and look forward to your creative mutations.  Thanks for acknowledging my good intentions for Griffsmom.  I wanted her to know she can count on me.  But I also wanted Nick to know that he is my good friend.

Keep up the great work.  You know, despite Nick being my buddy, why do I forget him?  It must have been a Freudian slip.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteChallenging Cottonwooder to come up with a term to describe the act of moving up the Frequent Posters List by pasting the same message into lots of different threads.

I call it " Pulling a Surfcal"  because that s what he did with his SammySlave posts.  My one-sided conversation is " Pulling a G-Whiz"  because that s what she did when the boards went quiet last month.  Just following the oldtimers.  Wasn t even thinking of " spam"  or post rankings, but if this is illegal spam, Nick, please remove it all and reduce my posting number.  I don t mind, and am not even paying much attention to the rankings anyway.  [:)]

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
QuoteI like your New and Improved List.

Thanks, Surf.  Now I see why you just kept modifying the original List instead of creating new ones, but I found a solution to that problem: Keep a .txt version of your post -- with all html codes -- before hitting the " OK"  button.  Next time I post the list, it ll be easy to just Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C it to here.  [:)]

Cottonwooder

Cottonwooder
The List:
 Sunday, 3/24/03
This Week:
 [/b] Snug Harbor " Axe Me About My Weekend"  Rally

Today s Nick-Neff-Cough Board Activity Level:
 Finally back to normal, now that all the weekenders have returned.

Freestyle Rabble Rouser of The Day:
 Surfcal again:  I hear you man. I also went to the Website and found nothing, nada, not a stitch of what Sactocampers is talking about. I think he s just an angry man for not having made a great rally.  I bet he also posted a complete section of the Unicorn farm.

Post of The Day:
 Surfcal s recap of Snug Harbor.

Nerve of The Day:
 From 6Quigs:  Ray, I m sure you are working on an awesome summary of the weekend.  To help you, here are the topics I would like to see covered in your brief summary  <--(listed a bazillion topics)

Confusion of The Day
 From CWB: Is it JUST ME? or does anyone else have trouble finding where these pictures and links are on the NNC site? I will see and hear things that are posted, then I will spend a LOT of time trying to figure out where they are on the site. I figure that it IS just me, but a little LOGIC would sure be welcomed there.

Paranoia of The Day
 GSMx2 s post count.

This Week s Chat Room Rally Attendees:
 G-Whiz   <--(chat host)
 GSM X2
 Otter
 Surfcal
 Cottonwooder
 CWB (aka CWyaB)
 OC Campers
 6Quigs (Kevin & Margaret)

Frequent Flyers & the Mile High Club:
 6Quigs
 GSM X2
 G-Whiz
 Cottonwooder
 SactoCampers

Active:
 Hybrid Holly
 Griffsmom
 Surfcal
 OC Campers
 Civil_War_Buff
 Red " neff"  Barchetta

Occasional:
 Otter
 CA Girl_101
 Ralph
 ckkevin

Dormant/Rare Sighting:
 Ab Diver
 TMM
 Nick
 TeacherMom
 Forest Walker
 Sammyslave
 SCCS (N&I-Scott)
 oldmoose
 DuaneFamily

Rookie:
 Champ521
 Stimpy
 RTurner
 Clueless in Sacramento

Missing in Action:
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster:
 Robucko

6Quigs

CottonwooderPityyou wern t at snug over the weekend.

Ray was in fine Rabble Rouse form,
 you would have had to invent a few more titles just for him!!

Surfcal

CottonwooderKevin:

Thanks for the compliments.  I am just following my heart and expressing the God given talent of Rabble Rousing.

There were plenty of Rabble Rousings going on.  However, I must say that this was a rally in which CWB broke out of his shell to do some key Rabble Rousing of his own.  I love the fact that Ralph asked CWB to take care of his tri-tip on the grill while he went to help late comers set-up.  Upon completion of helping others and finally making his way back to the grill, the steak had been all eaten up!  Evidence gone!  Simple as that.  CWB also hid Holly s key to the bathroom and then got credit for finding it.  He even got a kiss from Holly.

He s my idol man.  He does Rabble Rousing like no other.  Quiet, but potent.

Surfcal

Nick

CottonwooderHey Cottonwooder,
 You left me out of the chat list again.[:@]

Yes I m whining again.[:D]