Main Menu

RE: Ha Ha Sisterhood

Started by Surfcal, Mar 30, 2003, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmoose

Clueless in Sacremento

griffsmom
 [
QuoteWe re not all sulking because the boys blew us off, are we?

Us sulk? Never.   We re not the type to go away quietly.  In fact, I ve got some special drinks to bring by the guys place later.  It s called a cement mixer.  I m told you take some Bailey s Irish Cream followed immediately by Lime Juice and the sensation and texture that begins to form in your mouth is similar to wet cement.

otter

Clueless in Sacremento
QuoteI m told you take some Bailey s Irish Cream followed immediately by Lime Juice and the sensation and texture that begins to form in your mouth is similar to wet cement.

Sounds like a terrible waste of Baileys!!!!  Having never held cement in my mouth, I will take your word for the texture.  [: (][: (]

Gladd to see ya back on the boards.[:)][:)]

Cottonwooder

Clueless in SacrementoClueless, hey, hi there!  Good to see you back on the board.  [:)]

griffsmom

Clueless in Sacremento

QuoteORIGINAL:  Clueless in Sacremento
  I m told you take some Bailey s Irish Cream followed immediately by Lime Juice and the sensation and texture that begins to form in your mouth is similar to wet cement.

I think that s called " curdling"   It sounds a bit [: (] but I ll try almost anything once.

oldmoose

oldmooseSounds like the stuff the dentist put in my mouth for an imprssion-yucky!

otter

oldmooseOk Ladies, we need a topic of conversation around here.  All that Baileys and cement got our tounges tied.
 What shall It be?  
 New gadgets for the popup?  menues?  I think fondue is just made for camping.  And I just scored a fondue pot from a garage sale.
  Anyone have a clue what to cook in it with todays mode of eating.  I just remember doing beef, cheese, and chocolate dipping.  None of those things are on my doctor s " suggested  eating list.  
 Any ideas?

g-whiz

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Ok Ladies, we need a topic of conversation around here.  All that Baileys and cement got our tounges tied.
 What shall It be?  
 New gadgets for the popup?  menues?  I think fondue is just made for camping.  And I just scored a fondue pot from a garage sale.
  Anyone have a clue what to cook in it with todays mode of eating.  I just remember doing beef, cheese, and chocolate dipping.  None of those things are on my doctor s " suggested  eating list.  
 Any ideas?

Hmmmm... maybe you scored the fondue pot because that type of food wasn t on their " suggested"  food list either.  [;)]  But, I say, what the heck... you only live once and as long as you don t eat that way every day, once in awhile isn t going to hurt too much.  Besides, if you drink the red wine along with the fondue, everything is counteracted.  [8D][:D]

gsm x2

oldmooseWanna see an intriquing and interesting website?  Go to http://www.fondu.com

Has nothing to do with fondu, but certainly not a " Yahoo Web Design"  ripoff website.  Click on the What We Do button for an interesting review of their projects.

gsm x2

griffsmom

oldmooseWe received 2 fondue pots and fullfondue set for our wedding.  We have fondue parties, and they re blast!  G-whiz s right; you can t eat it every week, but it s fun occasionally.  We like thecheese/bread for an appetizer; beef, chicken, shrimp, and veggies for the main course, and fruit and angel food cake in chocolate for dessert.  Yummy!

SactoCampers

griffsmomFondue is fun. Avoid the pre-packaged swiss cheese fondue.[: (]. Tastes like wet cement.

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Fondue is fun. Avoid the pre-packaged swiss cheese fondue.[: (]. Tastes like wet cement.

Just out of curiousity, tell us again how it is that you know what wet cement tastes like?  [;)]

otter

griffsmom
QuoteWe received 2 fondue pots and fullfondue set for our wedding. We have fondue parties, and they re blast! G-whiz s right; you can t eat it every week, but it s fun occasionally. We like thecheese/bread for an appetizer; beef, chicken, shrimp, and veggies for the main course, and fruit and angel food cake in chocolate for dessert. Yummy!

Kweeeel    Let s put it in our repetoire of camping-fine-dining.  Back in the 60 s when we fondue-ed we used peanunt oils and temputa and stuff like that.  Can olive oils be used as well? I will have to track down some websites.  I have the old cook book to investigate too.   I think it will be fun.  G-Whiz: thanks for  permission  to enjoy such things  once in a while .  That s all I needed.  hehehhehee
 Off to gsmx2 s fondue website.  

g-whiz

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

QuoteWe received 2 fondue pots and fullfondue set for our wedding. We have fondue parties, and they re blast! G-whiz s right; you can t eat it every week, but it s fun occasionally. We like thecheese/bread for an appetizer; beef, chicken, shrimp, and veggies for the main course, and fruit and angel food cake in chocolate for dessert. Yummy!

Kweeeel    Let s put it in our repetoire of camping-fine-dining.  Back in the 60 s when we fondue-ed we used peanunt oils and temputa and stuff like that.  Can olive oils be used as well? I will have to track down some websites.  I have the old cook book to investigate too.   I think it will be fun.  G-Whiz: thanks for  permission  to enjoy such things  once in a while .  That s all I needed.  hehehhehee
 Off to gsmx2 s fondue website.  

Here are some REAL fondue sites:

http://www.theglobalstore.com/food/infofondue.html

http://www.recipesource.com/side-dishes/cheese/fondue/

http://food4.epicurious.com/HyperNews/get/archive_swap1301-1400/1315/1.html

http://www.everydaycook.com/recipebox/desserts/chocolatefondue.htm

http://gonewengland.about.com/library/blchocolatefondue.htm

That ought to get you started Dianne.  Fondue is a great way to have a party!!!

Stimpy

g-whizOn a different note, has anybody bought a June Rally thong yet?  I m just hoping that s not what Surfcal is going to wear to MC the talent show...