News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Ha Ha Sisterhood

Started by Surfcal, Mar 30, 2003, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

g-whiz
QuoteThat ought to get you started Dianne. Fondue is a great way to have a party!!!

I will check them out! thanks.  
 I found several sites already and am pleased to see that most of the cooking element is chichen broth based not oil-only.  

Some of it sounds very tasty.  Looks like I could make the  sauce  ahead and just heat and set up the fondue pot at the campsite.  
 I will try something in June.  There is one that is all veggie sauce which goes in the pot and then you cook your meat/potatoes/other veggies in it.  And of course the chocolate stawberryies and angel food cake is a must!

otter

Stimpy
QuoteOn a different note, has anybody bought a June Rally thong yet? I m just hoping that s not what Surfcal is going to wear to MC the talent show...
Hey Penny:  iwas in your neck of the woods yesterday.
 Had lunch and shopped in Castro Valley Village!.  
 Didn t see any thong stores, but thought about you and Stimpy!

gsm x2

Stimpy
QuoteOn a different note, has anybody bought a June Rally thong yet? I m just hoping that s not what Surfcal is going to wear to MC the talent show...

Ah, but we are hoping that you will wear it so we can learn once and for all if you at Stimpy-left or Stimpy-right.  I would have Georgeanne look and tell me, but then I would never ever know for sure.

gsm x2

Stimpy

gsm x2I walked right into that one, didn t I...

I just checked...it s on the right side...

Cottonwooder

Stimpy
QuoteI just checked...it s on the right side...

But if that s according to the mirror, it d be on the left side.  Hmm, sounds like TOS will simply have to check to be sure.  Wouldn t he just love that? [8D]

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderBoy, this one took a long time to flip! [:)]

otter

CottonwooderThe THONG subject usually moves these threads along nicely!
   I do miss all the regulars tho.
 Gorgeous morning in Santa Cruz.  We have taken Sadie for a walk and Lon is popping up the camper to make sure the mold has not raised it s ugly head again.  
 How is your mold doing C?
 Life is good.

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteHow is your mold doing C?

Well shoot, I finally go get a mold/mildew cleaner, but failed to read the part about it shouldn t be used on fabric and other such materials.  Will go get another one.

We HAVE TO get those spots off now because...... two hours ago we put in an order for a 25  trailer with bunks!  Brand new, fresh out of the factory!  The longer one at the dealer s lot was bigger than we can comfortably pull, althouth I fell head over heels in love with it.  

Cottonwood will be traded in. [:(] and [:)] all in one about that.  We ll miss it, but are looking forward to the novelty of having actual useable space from end to end, instead of the 5x2 feet Cottonwood offers between its couch and table.

We ve spent this past week poring over specs and layouts, both online and in booklets.  It s so much fun! [:D]

oldmoose

CottonwooderPatricia, when will you be getting it?

Ca-girl

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

two hours ago we put in an order for a 25  trailer with bunks!

What did you get??  I ve seen almost EVERY model around with the " bunkhouse" ...now we re drooling over huge deisel pushers [8D]

Cottonwooder

Ca-girlMoose, it ll take 5 to 6 weeks to build.  Then they put it through a rain test and jiggle test.  My thinking is that that would loosen every single bolt, but Mike assures me they d make sure they were tightened, LOL!  We re so looking forward to not only our own bathroom, but space to actually put things without having to constantly lift up where you re sitting.

Tania, we ve looked at every bunk camper at the three local dealers, and ended up going for a Nomad 242LT.  Am absolutely in love with the 273, which was right there on the lot calling to us, but for safety s sake, we re going with this smaller one.  Boy, we ll miss the couch of the 273!  The couch was what won Cottonwood out over the similar Sedona when we bought our PU.  

http://www.skylinerv.com/seefloorplan.php?model_num=242LT&brand=nomad®ion=343

By " diesel pusher,"  does that mean you re looking at a Class A?  I drool over most everything we see at campgrounds.  (Have had such a blast exploring all these RVs while Nomad shopping!)  Saw a Monaco Windsor (or Dynasty) at the RV park in Buellton.  Just from looking at the exterior and what little could be seen through the front window, my jaw hit the ground.  Yowsa!

BTW, here s a gem for you: http://www.rv-news.com/dec2001/feature3.cfm  [:D]

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteWe ve spent this past week poring over specs and layouts, both online and in booklets. It s so much fun!  

GREEN with envy  

What fun!

griffsmom

CottonwooderDH and I were at an RV show in Anaheim a few months back and as we were inside and drooling all over a beautiful 5-er, guess who happened to catch us?  Old Moose and Young Moosette!  [:D]  Good thing they were thinking the same thing about the 5-er that we were, otherwise I would have felt guilty![;)]

There are some pretty amazing campers out there.  The 5-er that we loved was almost 12,000 lbs UVW! [:o] It s hard to believe that there is even a vehicle that can tow such a behemoth!  

Hope you make lots of new memories with the new camper, Tricia!  Too bad you couldn t have made the last memorial trip with C wooder to the rally this weekend!

OC Campers

CottonwooderPatricia--Congrats on the new " hotel"  on wheels.  When we saw Mike at All tents, he said you were planning on doing this soon.  I no you will miss cottondwood but what a beautiful upgrade.  Are you gonna change your Name?  Cottonwooder just won t fit anymore.

Jacqui

SactoCampers

griffsmom
QuoteThere are some pretty amazing campers out there. The 5-er that we loved was almost 12,000 lbs UVW!  

Everything is a tradeoff.[:)]. I ve towed a 13.5k triple slide 5th wheel to Yellowstone and back and it s a chore. Great when it s set up, but not fun to tow. By the time you get the thing backed into a site, leveled, stabilizers set, hookups, triple slides out, and the TV antenna set, it takes almost as long as a popup. When hooking up you gotta make sure you re centered right on the kingpin, because there s not moving the 5th wheel around. Also, I honestly couldn t look myself in the mirror and call it camping. It s RV ing, which is not a bad thing but you are completely isolated from the elements. And no matter how big an RV you get, you always want more room. It s also not fun going 30mph up hill climbs. Back when we had an f-150 and pre pop-up, we had fun looking at small 5th wheels with little slideouts, but the felt even smaller than our popup.

But of course I get pulled into the " I wish it were easier"  lament, so my favorite trailer right now is the 21  Palomino hybrid with sofa slideout:

http://www.palominorv.com/s21-sl.shtml

If I had something like a Chevy Trailblazer, that s the hybrid I d be gettin . [;)]Four beds, full bathroom, plenty of space with the dinette table removed. But I would need a new tow vehicle for that one, which ain t happening. So, to make myself feel good about what I have I just say " I could be tent camping."  There, now I feel better and my wallet s still full [:D][:D] (actually, Mrs. Sacto will take care of that shortly). I also like the new 17-foot,  8-foot-wide Trail-lite Bantam.