Main Menu

RE: It s a Male Thing

Started by Cottonwooder, Apr 07, 2003, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ca-girl

birol
QuoteORIGINAL:  birol

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

QuoteTell me about your Motorcycle stories !

[ul]
  • I could grow older
  • I could ride motorcycles[/ul]

I always thought that was the only choice bike riders faced, they are dangereous machines. I am glad you came out the winner in your case :) I made a few nice accidents bith my racing bicycle (I know not the same thing), and that was enough to scare me of the dangers of riding on two wheels.

Scott...

You and Kevin will have a new topic of conversation around the campfire.  He had a similar realization...every time he rode a motorcycle, he d crash, and the last one got him an ambulance ride.  He decided that he starts off okay, thinking, " I have to be very careful...this is a dangerous machine...."   but before long, that thought gets replaced with..." Hey.....this is FUN"  and all common sense gets left behind him on the road.

oldmoose

gsm x2Lori, the next time we re together, ask Paula about her motorcylce ride in Hawaii a few years after we were married. She s never been on one since. I have friends who love them, but never again.

Time to get that othe keg for the weekend. It ll be another hot one. Think I ll marinate the tri tip for Saturday night.

oldmoose

gsm x2OK guys, you re on your own Saturday. I m being railroaded to the fair. I m sure you ll survive though. I don t usually go on the rides unless they serve food. Actually thats the main reason to go to the fair. Eat and be happy. That s why I take the train. Have a great weekend.

griffsmom

oldmoose
QuoteORIGINAL:  oldmoose

I m being railroaded to the fair.

Literally! [;)]  Have a great time with Hannah and your DS and DIL at the fair and say hi to your motorcycle mama for me! [:D]

gsm x2

oldmoose
QuoteLori, the next time we re together, ask Paula about her motorcylce ride in Hawaii a few years after we were married.

Sounds like my G-Whiz and your Young Moosette could exchange a tale.

gsm x2

oldmoose

gsm x2I m sure that s true.

oldmooseMan could I use a beer, went to call the refi guy today and got hit with 6.25%, OUCH!  What happened to the 5% 2 weeks ago?

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Jon -
 That does hurt!
 Have you considered a 15 or 20 year loan?
 We just refinanced a month ago for 15 years (from a 30 year) at 4.50%.  Our monthly payment only went up $360.00 per month.  If you can swing it, I highly recommend it.  We can see the light at the end of the tunnel with a 15 year.  Feels great!  Our youngest will just be off to college or a job when we make the final payment.  We paid the fee s for the lower rate since they will pay for themselves as long as we have the loan for a min. of 39 months.  At 4.5%, I don t see us refinancing again.

gsm x2

gsm x2
QuoteOur monthly payment only went up $360.00 per month

What makes that especially appealing is when you look at the payment divisions for a 15 year and 30 year loan.  Although your payment went up $360.00 per month, I would bet that $300 of that is PRINCIPAL, so it s like you are putting it into your own savings account.

Good move Jeff.

Scott

SactoCampers

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

QuoteOur monthly payment only went up $360.00 per month

What makes that especially appealing is when you look at the payment divisions for a 15 year and 30 year loan.  Although your payment went up $360.00 per month, I would bet that $300 of that is PRINCIPAL, so it s like you are putting it into your own savings account.

Good move Jeff.

Scott

Yep, green with envy over here in 30-year land. You ll be sittin  pretty in 2018.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Thanks Scott.

Brian -
 You should really look into it.  When you realize the difference that will now go to YOUR principal (instead of THEIR interest) you just might find a way to make the higher payment.

SactoCampers

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Thanks Scott.

Brian -
 You should really look into it.  When you realize the difference that will now go to YOUR principal (instead of THEIR interest) you just might find a way to make the higher payment.

I wish I could do that, or at least refinance to a slightly lower rate. Here s why we can t:

1.) Money is tight after buying the house last year.
 2.) That is relevant because we thought we were buying at the low point last year and accepted a 3 or 5-year (I can t remember which, I ll have to look at my contract) non-refinancing term to get a lower rate. The penalty is enormous if I refinance, something like the interest for those 3-5 years. The rate we have is pretty good, but was not the low point.
 3.) Combine that with the fact that we re saving up so Jennifer can take 8 months off work once BabySactoII comes around (we re trying right now [:)]), extra money towards a higher mortgage comes at the expense of saving for the next child.
 4.) You re right, I ran the mortgage calculator and it s about $375/month more for us, $800 more if I roll the penalties from item #2 into the new mortgage [:@],
 5.) As much as I try to control Mrs. Sacto s spending habits, I can t cut $800 in expenses [8D]
 6.) It s all about timing and timing is bad for us right now.

So, I applaud you my friend. I hate debt, even if it is for the house, and I would love to see my house paid off in 15 years. You ll be livin  the GOOD life then. But then again, you ve got it pretty good already: Great wife, great kids, you re your own boss, live in a great area, camp with great people, chat with an awesome guy named Sactocampers on the message boards, etc.

Since you ve been making sound fiscal decisions, want some advice on how to get your energy bills down and be almost completely energy independent (well, at least electricity-independent) in 10 years? Go home solar.

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

(we re trying right now [:)])

Wow!  You can " try"  and type, post and edit messages at the same time?  [:o] I m impressed! [;)]

SactoCampers

griffsmom
QuoteWow!  You can " try"  and type, post and edit messages at the same time?  [:o] I m impressed! [;)]

Yeah, as well you should be! [;)][8D]

Man, between you and Kevin, I can t win. On one hand, with you, I obviouslyhave to be extremely careful how and what I say [;)], and with Kevin, I get it right the first time otherwise he ll make some wisecrack about me editing my posts. That s what I call good rabble rousing.

Oh, brother! [&:][8D][:D]

Speaking of rabble rousing, where s Surfcal been lately? I haven t had a beer with him in a long time.

griffsmom

Red neff BarchettaKev and I...we re all about teamwork! [8D]