News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: 2003 NNC Winter Rally- Olema

Started by Hybrid Holly, Jan 07, 2003, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Ab DiverMemory Maker:

Nice pictures.  Sactocampers is in need of more shots of the various members without children.  Can you provide them to Brian?  I concentrated on the video aspect this time around and consequently, have not stills at all.

That is a nice and huge group picture.  Any larger and it d look like a Peace Rally in San Francisco.

Surfcal (aka Surfcough)

gsm x2

Ab DiverWe are home safe and sound.  Took two days to come home; 24+ years at one job does have its TIME OFF advantages.  Went straight down Highway 1 from Olema.  A few people mentioned that it was CURVEY.  They didn t mention that we would be in second gear much of the way.  Georgeanne also found out why the passenger s seat is the scary seat when heading south on highway 1.  (I did offer to let her drive---she declined)

We made it all the way to Santa Cruz by sunset.  To our amazement, the State Park that had electricity and water hookups was full-up.  We started looking for homeless people to give the  da** ham"  to. We found (literally) the KOA about sunset.  Georgeanne will have more about the da** ham later.

Made up a list of HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OLEMA RALLY last night.

Here it is:

1.  Following Larry through the georgeous State Park on the way to Olema.
 2. Steakette and Lobsterette for dinner on Thursday night s---there are extreme advantages to being able to arrive a night early
 3. Watching Rita and Georgeanne dance on the table
 5. Going to the Johnson Oyster Factory with the early arrivers and having Mark, the owner, give us a tour of the facility.
 6.  Seeing the Tule Elk--and lots of them
 7.  Tossing the football around with Dave s son---a really kewl kid
 8.  Meeting all of the new people and having all of them say that they had a really good time---and saying that they will come to future rallies....we ll see who shows up and who just thanks their lucky stars that they got through the weekend without getting axed.
 9.  Thick and perfectly cooked bacon on Saturday morning.  That griddle is incredible Mike---and a perfect compliment to Larry s three-burners.
 10. Making it to the top of 302 steps at the lighthouse.  Running into people you know was really fun too.
 11.  My interview with Ray.  Where he now knows why I don t get quoted on TV, radio or in the newspapers.  SOUND BITES are not my forte.
 12.  Actually being able to photograph a SPUT. Put chocks down before unhitching the PU.
 13.  Receiving the knowledge that our oldest male member DOES NOT need a certain drug that it readily advertised over the Internet.  (Petester may be quiet, but when he speaks, he is funny.)
 14.  Watching the kids have a wonderful time in the hammock.
 15.  Establishing the term  SKIPAGE  for a common Zoom error. (Another Pete-ism)
 16.  Yummy breakfasts
 17.  Driving 1 from Olema.

A hearty welcome to all new members.  You were all great and its nice to have you join us.

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2Scott,

I think you went into a little TOO MUCH DETAIL on #4 there buddy.  I knew you were a man of few words, but I think you mighta gotta little long winded on that one!![;)]

Happy Campin  <><

SCCS

Civil_War_BuffCWB & TMM nice pictures, especially the ones of the ocean.Looks like a post card.Wow look at that group picture,each rally it keeps getting bigger. Glad to see everbody had a great time,and great weather too.See you at Snug Harbor.[:D]

g-whiz

Ab DiverIt seems that everyone has said just about everything there is to say about this rally and it is all good.  We missed you Lon & Dianne (Sophie missed Sadie, too).  Rita and I carried on with the traditions of the Ha-Ha s.  I drank some coffee and Bailey s on Saturday night in your honor Dianne.  Lot s of new people, new food, new equipment and so much hilarity.  My sides and cheeks (my face cheeks!!) were aching at times.  Zoom was hysterical.  What a workout.

I was glad to see that OC, Cottonwooder, Otter and Ab Diver kept things going here so no one had to resort to talking to themselves.

Dave, I am so sorry that you and your family had to miss all the fun.  Never you mind about the ham (or the da** ham as Scott calls it).  You will be able to read all about it when my new book is published... What To Do With A 20 Pound Ham When The BBQer Falls Down.  [:D] Hope you mend quickly and get back to " normal"  soon.  

That s my two-cents worth.  Now I have to read my e-mail.  We definitely need a satellite connection!

Cottonwooder

duanefamily
QuoteReading about all you crazy folks could never quite prepare me for what it?s actually like when a newbie first enters their first NNC rally!

Oh geez, what am I in for?  SLO will be our first NNC rally.  And you re not kidding about the same name thing!  That s the beauty of screen names: only one each!  Will 2 more months be enough time to learn all names and prepare for our first rally?

You re new here, aren t you?  Are you one of Nick s family?  Great post, thanks!  [:D]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteOh geez, what am I in for? SLO will be our first NNC rally. And you re not kidding about the same name thing! That s the beauty of screen names: only one each! Will 2 more months be enough time to learn all names and prepare for our first rally?

Never-you-mind my small but powerful friend.  You are friends of the ALL POWERFUL OZ.....scoot, get away dog....ignore the man behind the curtain...." There s no place like home; there s no place like home."

Oh--got distracted.

Never-you-mind my small but powerful friend....no preparations necessary.  You will fit right in.  You already know the 4 SoCal families, so all you really need to learn is Larry and Rita---who can produce anything you might need from levelers to Benedryl at a moment s notice.  Bonnie and Lute---the parents of the Nikoley bunch.  And Ray since it is alway best to keep on the good side of anyone who can mimick a person s writing.

Scott

Hybrid Holly

Ab Diver
QuoteYou already know the 4 SoCal families, so all you really need to learn is Larry and Rita---who can produce anything you might need from levelers to Benedryl at a moment s notice.

Don t forget orange marmalade....I just mentioned that people could eat aebleskivers with orange marmalade and the door to Sammyslave s trailer opened and orange marmalade appeared!

Cottonwooder

Hybrid Holly
QuoteI just mentioned that people could eat aebleskivers with orange marmalade and the door to Sammyslave s trailer opened and orange marmalade appeared!

Did they happen to have orange marmelade as the sole flavor they brought?  Or was it only one of several???  I take my hat off to people who manage to not only bring everything-plus-extra, but find a place to put it all!

gsm x2

Ab DiverPatricia--when I see sammyslave s equipment all set up, I can t believe it came out of a Ford Explorer and one popup.  They even have the dog in there somewhere.  It s unbelievabloe how they do that.....

Larry, how do you do that?????

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Patricia--when I see sammyslave s equipment all set up, I can t believe it came out of a Ford Explorer and one popup.  They even have the dog in there somewhere.  It s unbelievabloe how they do that.....

Larry, how do you do that?????

gsm x2

Not is it JUST unbelieveable, I took some heat for it!!  Yes, Larry s uncanny ability to STUFF everything under the Sun in his Exploder and trailer caused a little bit of a harmony breach in the CWB household!!  On the way home from Olema, Veronica and I were talking about the trip back to Gettysburg in June/July, and I just happened to mention that it will be imperative that we off load anything that we won t absolutely need while travelling.  Veronica looked at me and with a very inquisitive tone says " WHY?"  I said because we are hauling a lot of extra and unnecessary weight to which she says " Well, Larry seems to have no problem bringing everything including the kitchen sink, why do we have to be so frugal?"  I tried explaining the dangers of overweightedness....but she just kept saying, Larry does it without any problems, Larry doesn t seem to have any problems with it....etc., etc., etc.  What am I to do now???[&:][&:]

Happy Campin  <><

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverGreat story CWB.  Let him have it Veronica!

Ab Diver

Ab DiverUh-oh, this could get ugly...  Somebody pass the popcorn! [:D]

CWB, it s ain t your fault. Didn t you know Larry and Rita used to work in a traveling magic show? You never had a chance, dude. If he could pull a rabbit out of a hat, just imagine all the stuff he can pull out of a Utah! [;)]

Civil_War_Buff

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Uh-oh, this could get ugly...  Somebody pass the popcorn! [:D]

CWB, it s ain t your fault. Didn t you know Larry and Rita used to work in a traveling magic show? You never had a chance, dude. If he could pull a rabbit out of a hat, just imagine all the stuff he can pull out of a Utah! [;)]

No doubt Dave.  I just wonder what it is about Larry s ability to pack all of this that Veronica finds so appealing.  I said well we won t need to take the " Pit-2-Go"  (50#) and she looked at me like I asked her to leave her pacemaker at home???????? Mind you it is brand new and unused to this point.....I am sure it s the idea that she objects to, but I figure that with 4 more months of encouragement she will come around to a certain degree.  Up to now I say " weight"  she say " What" , so it will need to be handled very gingerly.[8D][8D][&:]

Happy Campin  <><

SactoCampers

Civil_War_BuffLarry,

The game s over. Just give in. If she wants it, she gets it. You won t believe what I m expected to pack just for two nights of camping. Remember, you have to travel across country with her, and you don t want a bitter wife on your hands the whole time because you said " waa! waa! The Pit-2-go is too heavy!" . Go weigh your rig the day before your trip. If it s too heavy, ask HER which stuff she d like to take out. [;)].