RE: 2003 NNC Winter Rally- Olema

Started by Hybrid Holly, Jan 07, 2003, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

6Quigs
QuoteWhat s the history of all this joking around? Who started it? SCOTT
 Can everyone take it? Everyone  cept Scott
 What is the funniest ongoing joke? Scott and Larry and a racoon

Man--let one Irish guy get ONE PICTURE on the Internet getting hugged by a Scot and all h**l breaks loose.  

Oh wait, I think he was talking about the other Scott.

Nevermind!!!!

The Original Scott

g-whiz

gsm x2
QuoteOh wait, I think he was talking about the other Scott.

Right!  That s what I said.... GREAT SCOTT!   Not The Original Scott.  [8D][;)][:D][:)]

gsm x2

g-whizOuch--that s cruel.

Where s my best camping bud, SammyLarry, when I need a hug???

The Original, but deflated, Scott

Civil_War_Buff

duanefamily

QuoteORIGINAL:  duanefamily

So CWB, what s your agenda for Getttysberg?  I d like to go across the country... but it seems all too daunting.  Have you done it before?

duanefamily mamma

duanefamily mamma,

We will be heading out the week after the June Rally.  We will take a week to get back there. That will be a " purposeful"  pace yet not too agressive.  We plan on going along I-80 then dip down into St. Louis to visit the Arch, then up into Springfield, Il. to visit Abraham Lincoln s grave, then on to Gettysburg.  I really see it as a series of overnight campouts with a lot of driving in between.  We will be in Gettysurg for 5 days, then we will head west through Virginia, Tenn. (Maybe visit the TrailManor Factory), and on into Poplar Bluff, Mo. (inside joke @ work), over to Branson, Mo., then on up to I-80 and home.  

We have never had the oppotunity (or time) to take a trip like this, so it s a little scary and exciting at the same time.  We will take along the laptop and as the time (and campground hook-ups) allow we will check in along the way to report progress and post pictures.

You are more than welcome to tag along if you want! [;)]  One of the guys from the reenacting club and his wife and adult son, will be going along on the way out (they will sleep in his truck though), but he hasn t committed yet so I am going plan my trip as though he were not going to be there....still lots of time till the end of June....[&:]

As for your humor, it is just fine......unlike the Campire section of the board, we are a little more forgiving...except when Brian feels like modulating us which is rare.  We are pretty much a family here, but NOT a cliche, as they are exclusive and our name clearly states we " ain t that" !!  Jump in, cough, hack, wheeze, and and bring up a good one now and then!!  Oh, it was really a pleasure meeting you and the family at Olema!! We look forward to being able to spend more time chatting in the future as well.

I have talked long enough, so I will be quiet now....

Happy Campin  <><

SactoCampers

Ab Diver
QuoteHope I didn t offend anyone with my previous post... it s just that you all seem to rib each other so much... it seems par for the course. However, it s a little awkward when you re the new kid on the block. Sort of like it s okay to call your brother a dope but if anyone else does.. watch out! Does anyone know what I m talking about? What s the history of all this joking around? Who started it? Can everyone take it? What is the funniest ongoing joke? What was the worst one, that made everyone squirm?

Awkward schmawkward, just start rabble rousing away. No real origin to the joking around. Everyone can take it....and everyone is pretty darn good at dishing it out. The funniest ongoing joke, IMO, is GSMx2 s " unusual date."  I can t remember precisely which thread that s in, but maybe GSMx2 can point you in the right direction.

Also, Red neff Barchetta is always coming up with different Barchettisms. I personally think he s Sammy Hagar posing as a family man but he keeps denying it. MAS TEQUILA!

So jump in head first. You ve been to a rally, you know what it s about. You re one of us. Even if you didn t come to a rally, you re still one of us.

BTW, did you get everything resolved with the Niagara/Odyssey towing situation?

Ab Diver

Ab Diver
QuoteYou ve been to a rally, you know what it s about. You re one of us. Even if you didn t come to a rally, you re still one of us.

Guess what, although you consider yourself a Rally Rookie, you re even with the Ab Divers on rally attendance! Due to scheduling conflictions, momentary monetary matters, and vehicular circumstances beyond our control, we ve only made it to 1 (one!) rally. And yet they still let me play in their sandbox.

Ya gotta love the NNC members. They re a forgiving bunch, ya know?

gsm x2

Ab DiverDuanneFamily,

I think that you earned a lot of respect with this group when your first trip went " less than stellar"  and you just picked yourselves right up and got moving again.  It was one of the touching stories.

So you re in---and so is Michael because as you said, you are the camper and he s the tolerant spouse.  And it s nice that he went right along and still supports the whole family experience of camping.

Besides, you got great kids.  I will long remember meeting you the first time and seeing the quizzicle desparate eyes as Mmmm said, " Do you think any of the kids will play with us?"   It didn t take long for that look to disappear into joy, did it?  Kids are so tolerant when they aren t establishing their " pecking order."

I guess that s what makes this group so fun.  We are just bigger kids and we don t have a need to establish a pecking order.

BTW---If you still have any qualms about fitting in, just mention that you used to cook breakfast for 100 people at a time.  You may have noticed that the way to this group s heart is through their tummies.

Wouldn t you agree LarrySammy?

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteI guess that s what makes this group so fun. We are just bigger kids and we don t have a need to establish a pecking order.

Says " The Original Scott"  zeroing in on spot #4!

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteSays " The Original Scott"  zeroing in on spot #4!

Yeah--that s what I said.  We don t need to establish a pecking order because PUT keeps track.  He says pecking his keyboard to spot #4.

SbP--so where are you tonight???

The Original Scott

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteSbP--so where are you tonight???

7:15pm Bible Study group and 10pm " ER"  really puts a dent in my Thursday night computer time.   :::peck, peck, peck:::

Dave, how s the leg doing?  Bummer that you have to use valuable time off to let it heal.

duanefamily

SactoCampers
QuoteBTW, did you get everything resolved with the Niagara/Odyssey towing situation?

As a matter of fact we did.  We don t seem to bring along as much junk yet as most... so I think it handles everything just fine.  Also... we re too broke to do anything about it (spent all my last $ at that bakery out near Olema).  

Thanks for the invite CWB.  You may just live to regret it!  [;)]

duanefamily mamma

Surfcal

Ab DiverSo, I take a look at this pecking order and G-Whiz, it s GSM X2, then not too far behind are Surfcal, Ab Diver and then Red Barchetta.  Not bad for a group from the west.

PUT used to be very dominated by the East Coast, but since NNC, we ve totally done a great job of PUTting Calstate (360) on the map.  Since the Civil War (Buff), it has really changed the landscape.

Good job to us.  Cottonwooder, you can be the fastest to reach the top 15!!!  I m rooting for ya.  I know you can, I know you can...

Surfcal (rooting for GSM X2 to make it to #4 tonight)

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteSbP--so where are you tonight???

7:15pm Bible Study group and 10pm " ER"  really puts a dent in my Thursday night computer time.   :::peck, peck, peck:::

Dave, how s the leg doing?  Bummer that you have to use valuable time off to let it heal.

No ER tonight. [:(]  Guess we ll have to wait to see if Abbey says anything to John about that ring.

gsm x2

Ab DiverER has become a night-time soap opera.

So you long-time ER viewers, who has had more partners?  Abby or Luka?

Who has had the most?

Who would you most likely see at an NNC Rally?

Who would LarrySlave want to have bandage his hand?

Three minutes to Friends....see you all later.  (gotta let that Eastern guy go to sleep so I can pass him in the middle of the night)

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
QuoteCottonwooder, you can be the fastest to reach the top 15!!! I m rooting for ya. I know you can, I know you can...

Thank you, thank you.  I just took a look.  There are 3 or 4 in a tie just one post ahead of me.  By the time I hit the sack tonight, I ll have leapfrogged over  em all in one fell swoop, LOL!

Now, before you all think I m supertalkative, well, I can be, but I can also end up being darn quiet.  Depends on the situation.