RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

I must interject that we cannot allow the 4-Vote Scott rule to apply in this situation.  And haven t we all had an almost Holly or two???  I cast my vote that the incident be expunged from his record, but the name sticks!

I am OK with this!  I guess that from the posting there are ony 3 of us online as the incident went to vote...I am good with allowing NAI-Scott to be sponged off with this one as well.

Ray,

I think that I am going through NNC withdrawl, and I figured that as long as I had time I would spend it here with my friends, instead of doing chores, and fixing and cleaning things around here!!

I will have to talk to you sometime about the pricing " strategy"  that you use on EBay.  I have been semi active in buy mode lately for things that can be used while on the trip back east.  I picked up a DeLorme Street Atlas 2003 v9.0 for $30 yesterday, and I found that it will work perfectly with my Magellan 315 GPS. Whoohoo, now I won t have to put another $100 into the Earthmate GPS sender.

6Quigs

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteI must interject that we cannot allow the 4-Vote Scott rule to apply in this situation.
A 6-Quigs vote will always beat a 4-vote Scott[:D]
 Welcome NAI-Scott, and congratulations on your new Name, and being accepted as a Rabble Rouser!!!

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffHey Lair...

Here s the listing I just entered.  The goofy thing is, I travel the country working for eBay creating " Charles Kuralt"  type stories about eBay Users and I am really not that active as a seller.  I know alot about the principles of successful selling and I ve met some absolutely successful people that just sell on eBay.

I once met a woman who was a flight attendant who picked up designeer closeout stuff dirt cheap at different cities during her layovers, turned around and put it on eBay and command great prices.  Long story short, she was able to employ most of her family, was able to afford new gigantic homes, three of them right next to each other in Phoenix.  And I have stories like that by the dozens.

Anyway, here s my listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3405768279&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Surfcal

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

I am OK with this!  I guess that from the posting there are ony 3 of us online as the incident went to vote...I am good with allowing NAI-Scott to be sponged off with this one as well.

And now we have the 6-Quigs vote so HIP HIP HOORAY!  

I thot I was done for the day because some IDE primary or slave bit the dust.  TOS was able to talk me thru it over the phone while he is at work (and trying to get me to use HIS computer to post thus increasing his posts while he is working).  Give me a program and I can learn to run the basics of it in 30 minutes or less.  Under the hood is a whole other story!  

Civil_War_Buff

g-whiz

TOS was able to talk me thru it over the phone while he is at work...

TOS is on the way to  entering Computer Guru Status, A litle more and he will be up there Bill Gates and that other guy.... Einstein (whoever he is).

I think that I shall call for a 6Quigs to name TOS the Guru of the Day!!

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

TOS was able to talk me thru it over the phone while he is at work...

TOS is on the way to  entering Computer Guru Status, A litle more and he will be up there Bill Gates and that other guy.... Einstein (whoever he is).

I think that I shall call for a 6Quigs to name TOS the Guru of the Day!!

I 7th the nomination.  Or would it be... I 8th it since it is you calling the 6-Quigs?

gsm x2

Civil_War_BuffI have to say that the HIGHLIGHT of my day was debugging an IDE failure and talking my DW into opening the case and switching the IDE ribbons all in twenty-two minutes over the phone.  Mind you, this is from a woman who has never opened her computer.

Then LOW POINT was getting home and BYPASSING the " simple solution first"  principle of computer repair.  Instead of just plugging the ribbons back in, I worked for an hour to install a newly purchased IDE controller.  After 15 unsuccessful reboots, I decided that the BIOS on the IDE controller was incompatable with the computer s BIOS.  Just plugged the drives back into the original controller. Then after a successful reboot, I plugged the CD ribbon into the " broken IDE controller."   Got recognized by WindowsXP and now works great.  Should have done that before I unwrapped the box.  [:o]

gsm x2

gsm x2

Civil_War_BuffNIA Scott....sure...I can live with that.

Welcome NIA--Scott.

And just be glad that Surfcal compared you to detergent.  As I am certain you know, Scott is often compared to a less desirable product.

TOS--Scott

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteGSM x2 is TOS for The Original Scott

I thought it was " Timmy s Own Scott"  [;)]

6Quigs

Civil_War_BuffSo,
 I see we have managed to get this thread over the NNC required 8 pages of meaningful discussion.
 Getting back on topic to the rally at hand.
 Any activities being planned?
 We might have a loan of a couple of Kayaks to play with.
 The kids will also have their fishing poles along.
 When is everyone planning on arriving?
 we are hoping to arrive around 4 or 5 on the Friday afternoon.
 Anyone know if that going to be High or Low tide for the ferry ride??
 What about Food?
 Normal Pot Luck of Appetizers on Saturday?
 Anything special being planned for Breakfast?

I feel like Surfcal with all these unanswered questions[:o]

Hybrid Holly

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteGetting back on topic to the rally at hand.
 Any activities being planned?
 What about Food?

Harbor tides are posted at
 http://www.harbortides.com/station_tides.asp?station=3168

Thursday
 High tides 5:33 AM 6:03 PM
 Low tide 12:30 PM

Friday
 High tides 6:10 AM  7:05 PM
 Low tide   12:36 AM  1:23 PM

Saturday
 High tides 6:50 AM  8:18 PM
 Low tide   1:19 AM  2:21 PM

Sunday
 High tides 7:37 AM  9:45 PM
 Low tide   2:08 AM  3:26 PM

I can make Aebleskiver again if there is interest.  Saturday or Sunday...

Civil_War_Buff

Hybrid Holly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly

I can make Aebleskiver again if there is interest.  Saturday or Sunday...

I call for a 6Quigs for Saturday AND Sunday!! Do I have a 7th?

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteAny activities being planned?
 What about Food?

We ve got a fishing pole also, but without Amy, there will be nobody to eat what we catch, lol.
 We hope to arrive between 10:00 & 11:00 Friday morning.
 We will be monitoring your arrival Kevin so that when you are about to pull up to the ferry it will just be departing.
 With NNC there is no question mark ever needed after the word " food" .

QuoteI feel like Surfcal

Well Happy Birthday to you also!

QuoteI call for a 6Quigs for Saturday AND Sunday!! Do I have a 7th?

I ll call that 7th and up it to 10Quigs.  You can find them in site 10Q.

Holly,
 Nice wagonmastering with the list of tides.  Can you put that list to the Blondie song?
 Btw, can you get me a deal on any of the featured RV s from your show?  I like how you actually watched the clock and timed the guy during the Chalet presentation.

gsm x2

Hybrid Holly
QuoteThursday
 High tides 5:33 AM 6:03 PM
 Low tide 12:30 PM

Friday
 High tides 6:10 AM 7:05 PM
 Low tide 12:36 AM 1:23 PM

Saturday
 High tides 6:50 AM 8:18 PM
 Low tide 1:19 AM 2:21 PM

Sunday
 High tides 7:37 AM 9:45 PM
 Low tide 2:08 AM 3:26 PM

I can make Aebleskiver again if there is interest. Saturday or Sunday...

Holly--where are the number of feet for those high and low tides.  Or don t they include them on the Delta since it is so far from the ocean.

BTW--Tide Oddity in Ventura today and tomorrow.  There are no PM tides.  Just a low and high tide in the AM, then dropping down until the next morning.

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteCan you put that list to the Blondie song?

QuoteCan you put that list to the Blondie song?

The tide is high at 6 AM
 But if we miss that one its not the only one
 We ll drive around and get across
  just like that
 oh no

Height of tides are on the web page.....for interpretation see the designated Harbor Master!