RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

Surfcal
QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

QuoteSite 12 is between 11 and 13. Looks like they could not fit all the numbers on the map!

CWB:  Are you buying that???  Doesn t it sound like a set-up to you??   Perhaps it s a conspiracy.  Don t you wonder??

G-Whiz:

I also heard that there is a Unicorn farm there at Snug Harbor (Kevin, Harbour?), where you can actually see real Unicorns. That ll be something wouldn t it?

Along the slough, there are also Mermaids.

Surfcal

Hey look, I am a firm believer in conspiracies!! And yes, I did and do suspect one in this case...I don t want to apprear paranoid, but THEY ARE OUT TO GET ME!!

So, Holly, if we can t have a hay ride or pony ride, could you PLEASE arrange a Unicorn ride (2 tickets please), that would be much more fun than sturgeon rides, I have an allergy to fish dander.

Thanks Holly, and thanks for the heads up on the Unicorns Ray, I didn t see that listed on the Snug HarboUr site!

Larry

6Quigs

Civil_War_BuffNice one Holly.
 TMM just plain ignored CWB, but you did better,
 assign him to a site that doesn t exist....
 Better still,
 assign him to a boat dock, and let s see if the Trail Manor floats!!!

Hybrid Holly

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteSo, Holly, if we can t have a hay ride or pony ride, could you PLEASE arrange a Unicorn ride (2 tickets please), that would be much more fun than sturgeon rides, I have an allergy to fish dander.

Done, you lead the way and the rest of us will follow.  The unicorn pen is over there by site 12C.  Take your pick!

Is the trailmanor a true chitty-chitty-bang-bang, does it float,  does it fly?
 Maybe you can race the unicorns!

otter

Civil_War_Buffunicorn ride..the kids will ove it.  3 tickets please.  
 Holly we are back toPlan A... will arrive Friday around dinner time.  We have to wait til the kids get out of school..then we willhit the traffic, so who knows.  
 At this point it will be me, my daughter and 3 grandgirls.  NO lon  No dogs.  
 thanks for your info., but we just couldn tmake it work.  
 Til Friday

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffNo worries Diane.  When you arrive, you ll have plenty of help setting-up or the grand-kids can hang out with us while you set-up.
 That s pretty cool that Margaret and Lon saw each other!
 Btw, the way I see it, a rally is considered a field trip.  You should pull the kids out at 11:00 or noon and arrive at a more set-up friendly time.

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffTania/CA girl - I hope you are already home from Snug Harbor.  I was just watching the Kings/Mav s. game and an honest-to-goodness emergency alert was enacted.  Apparently a severe hail and thunder storm is currently happening over the Fairfield/Cordelia Junction/Benicia/Suisun City area!  I hope all is well with you guys!
 It s weird to find out that that s happening right now while we have blue skies here.

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteTania/CA girl - I hope you are already home from Snug Harbor.

We are, indeed, home from Snug Harbor. The weather actually wasn t too bad!  It drizzled a little bit Friday evening, but Saturday was sunny and beautiful.  Sunday was a bit yucky too, but packing up to go home is yucky with or without rain, so it wasn t too bad. [: (]  The biggest weather-adventure of the weekend was probably Friday night.  It was raining, which wasn t so bad, but it was really really windy, and the trees seem to AMPLIFY the wind sounds, so it was kind of creepy! [:o] Kevin and I barely slept.  The kids, of course, went out like logs and never heard a thing...oh to be young again!  All in all, it was a great weekend.  I was reminded again of what I liked so much about the first time we went to Snug Harbor....the people there are very friendly.  It makes for a nice place to camp.

We were camping with some friends of ours that have a hi-low, and after we told them about this crazy group of folks, they were, of course, intrigued.  So, if you see someone new dropping my name, you ll know where they came from.  

BTW Holly, I did check out the party tent over the weekend.  It s pretty cool!  It s got a sofa and a bunch of tables, plus a sink, a stove, a boom box, a huge coffee pot, and fancy lights.  There s also a covered deck at site 18 with a couple picnic tables on it, and another uncovered deck (no table though) around site 16 or so.  

I m looking forward to seeing all of you again next weekend!

Tania (aka ca_girl_001)

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffTania -
 Glad to hear all is well!  Thanks for the review also!  Our neighbors behind us have a giant Palm tree which I know perfectly well have an amazing root system to hold them steady, but I still imagine it crashing down into our bedroom on windy nights.
 See you in 5 days.  If your friends are free next w/e, you should have them drop by to say hello.

gsm x2

QuoteI m looking forward to seeing all of you again next weekend!

Ah-there s a die-hard camper.  Two weekends in a row???  No problemo.

gsm x2

g-whiz

QuoteIt s got a sofa and a bunch of tables, plus a sink, a stove, a boom box, a huge coffee pot, and fancy lights.

I ll be sure to bring along ABBA and David Hasslehoff since the boom box will be available!  [;)][;)]

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffGeorgeanne - I think Snug Harbor will be getting a call in the morning requesting that the boom box be removed specifically for next w/e.  Unless of course, they load it with Rush (no not that large guy, the Canadian trio) and Joe Satriani.

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffTania - One more question;  Which way did you make your arrival from/by?  Road or one of the ferries?  How was it?
 O.K., 3 questions.

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Georgeanne - I think Snug Harbor will be getting a call in the morning requesting that the boom box be removed specifically for next w/e.  Unless of course, they load it with Rush (no not that large guy, the Canadian trio) and Joe Satriani.

I ll see your Rush and Joe Satriani and raise my Back Street Boys and Enya!

gsm x2

g-whiz
QuoteI ll see your Rush and Joe Satriani and raise my Back Street Boys and Enya!

I looks like someone showed up to the penny-ante poker game with M&Ms to bet.

Actually, nowadays M&M s are worth more than pennies anyway s.  Watch which colors you eat.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffThat s it!  I m bringing my Milli Vanilli, Menudo, and Weird Al Yankovik (sp?) with me.  Oh wait!  I don t have those records in a box in the garage, no, no, I was just kidding, yeah, that s the ticket.
 I can handle Enya, but any boy-bands start oozing from any campsites and there s going to be a problem, lol.  Same goes for Debbie Gibson (showing my age with that one), Brittany Spears, etc...
 I m sure that if you showed any one of those pretty faces a guitar, piano, drum set, or saxaphone they wouldn t have a clue what it was.  Much less ask them to write lyrics to music.
 Such as this little ditty about slowing down to enjoy life penned by Neil Peart of Rush;

QuoteI turn my back to the wind
 To catch my breath,
 Before I start off again
 Driven on,
 Without a moment to spend
 To pass an evening
 With a drink and a friend

I let my skin get too thin
 I d like to pause,
 No matter what I pretend
 Like some pilgrim
 Who learns to transcend
 Learns to live
 As if each step was the end

Time stand still
 I m not looking back
 But I want to look around me now
 Time stand still
 See more of the people
 And the places that surround me now
 Time stand still

Freeze this moment
 A little bit longer
 Make each sensation
 A little bit stronger
 Experience slips away...
 Experience slips away...
 Time stand still

I turn my face to the sun
 I close my eyes
 I let my defenses down
 All those wounds
 That I can t get unwound

I let my past go too fast
 No time to pause
 If I could slow it all down
 Like some captain,
 Whose ship runs aground
 I can wait until the tide comes around

Time stand still
 I m not looking back
 Time stand still
 See more of the people
 And the places that surround me
 Now

Freeze this moment
 A little bit longer
 Make each sensation
 A little bit stronger

Make each impression
 A little bit stronger
 Freeze this moment
 A little bit longer

The innocence slips away...
 Time stand still
 Time stand still

I m not looking back
 See more of the people
 And the places that surround me now
 Time stand still

Summer s going fast
 The nights growing colder
 Children growing up
 Old friends growing older

Freeze this moment
 A little bit longer
 Make each sensation
 A little bit stronger
 Experience slips away...
 Experience slips away...

Can we all just be friends with some Pretenders, U2, Tom Petty, Eagles, and the like?  Oldies are universal as well.  I allow those at work and we never have a customer object and my younger employees even start to like them, ha.
 Btw, I ll be seeing George Thorogood next month.  He is a blast to see live!  The entire audience sings every single word the whole show through.  Just like an Eagles show.