RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Civil_War_BuffThanks Jeff:  the kids will like that!  Ond Grandgirl s is doing thier Spring  concert that afternoon and needs to be there.  The other missed all last week with the flu..so she might as well stay..  We should get out of here around 2:30.
 re: palm trees.  We visited Kauia shortly after the Hurricane Iniki went thru.  We were told there was not a palm tree standing.  BUT, most were able to be uprighted and re-rooted.  Now ther are many palms tied down.  
 See ya soon.

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffDiane - Thank you very much for those encouraging words, lol!  Now my nose will be pressed up against the window all night.  If the tree falls me can they just prop me back up and secure me upright with ropes?

Civil_War_Buff

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Georgeanne - I think Snug Harbor will be getting a call in the morning requesting that the boom box be removed specifically for next w/e.  Unless of course, they load it with Rush (no not that large guy, the Canadian trio) and Joe Satriani.

If we brought a " record player"  (remember those?) I would bring my Irish Rovers Unicorn album so we could add some background music to the Uni-rides!!  No Rush, No Joe-joe Satriani, absolutely NO Dixie Chick(en)s, ABBA would be OK (for a while), Spongebob is OK, and " Ray"  on the guitar would be great!  

HC <><

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffCWB - I almost posted a quote yesterday from Shel Silverstein (he wrote The Unicorn Song) to tie in with the unicorn rides.  He also wrote a poem titled " Help!"  about a unicorn whos horn is stuck in a tree and thoroughly questions a boy before he ll allow the boy to help him.  The boy is so annoyed about all of the dis-claimers that he leaves the unicorn stuck, lol.
 That, or I could bring my Help! by the Beatles vinyl album next w/e.

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteCan we all just be friends with some Pretenders, U2, Tom Petty, Eagles, and the like? Oldies are universal as well. I allow those at work and we never have a customer object and my younger employees even start to like them, ha.
 Btw, I ll be seeing George Thorogood next month. He is a blast to see live! The entire audience sings every single word the whole show through. Just like an Eagles show.

I m not calling a truce yet.  The Pretenders, U2 and the Eagles are great.  The only song I can think of by Tom Petty is " Free Falling" , so most likely don t appreciate him as you do.  Since it is St. Patrick s week and you will bring U2, I ll bring The Corrs.  With CWB s Irish Rovers we can celebrate.  I ll also up the ante and throw in The Best of Santana (for TOS), Chuck Negron, Manhattan Transfer, and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (for Larry & Rita).  Any of those trip your trigger????

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

If we brought a " record player"  (remember those?) I would bring my Irish Rovers Unicorn album so we could add some background music to the Uni-rides!!  No Rush, No Joe-joe Satriani, absolutely NO Dixie Chick(en)s, ABBA would be OK (for a while), Spongebob is OK, and " Ray"  on the guitar would be great!  

HC <><

I concur on NO Dixie Chicks due to the political fiasco they have gotten themselves into, ABBA for a while (maybe when Jeff takes a nap), Spongebob would be fine as I ve wanted to get more " in the know"  and Ray on the guitar would be fantastic because then I could jam on my kazoo!  Oh, I do remember records and actually saw a record player at the thrift store one day.  My records are all given away [:(] which you will most likely be thankful for since my collection was comprised of Lionel Richie, The Carpenters, all of John Denver, Barry Manilow, Tom Jones.... get the picture???[;)]

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

CWB - I almost posted a quote yesterday from Shel Silverstein (he wrote The Unicorn Song) to tie in with the unicorn rides.  He also wrote a poem titled " Help!"  about a unicorn whos horn is stuck in a tree and thoroughly questions a boy before he ll allow the boy to help him.  The boy is so annoyed about all of the dis-claimers that he leaves the unicorn stuck, lol.
 That, or I could bring my Help! by the Beatles vinyl album next w/e.

Jeff:  I have loved Shel forever and a day!  Do you have his ABZ book???  If not, I ll bring it along for some laughs.  [:D]  The Beatles are good, but I liked the older stuff like " Yesterday"  and " Michele" .  I like to be able to hear the harmony.  [;)]  Could be a sign of old age, but I hope not!

6Quigs

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteORIGINAL:Red_Neff

My Socket-Jeanie (from the PUT store) arrived on Thursday and I ll be trying it out on Tuesday to work inside of the PU and then again on Friday when we are camping.

Hey Neff, if you need any more paractice trying out that socket Jeanie and drill, you re more than welcome to raise my Popup, and lower my stablizers.

6Quigs

g-whiz
QuoteSince it is St. Patrick s week and you will bring U2, I ll bring The Corrs. With CWB s Irish Rovers we can celebrate.

I m not sure,
 I ll have to check,
 but if you want some Irish music,
 I do believe we have a few Irish tapes and CD s at home.

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizGeorgeanne - I actually sort of, a little bit, mildly, teensie-weensie enjoy ABBA (or is that spelled ABBA?).  They were/are real musicians with some musical talent.

Kevin - No problem bud!  It s all yours unless we arrive at the same time, ha.
 I am actually a little concerned about over cranking, so my plan is to still use the hand crank for the last turn or 2 for the roof and to get the hand-feel of how tight I m lowering the stabilizers.
 I ll be trying it out tomorrow for a test run on the roof.  I could be buying a shiny new 24 volt (which is recommended I know) drill tomorrow afternoon.  I " won"  (actually I ve spent a ton of money there) a brand new 18 volt drill from one of my suppliers so my year-old 18 volt drill is now property of the PU.  We ll see if it has the power to raise the roof.
 CWB - If you see this, what volt is your drill?  Although I guess you only use it now to lower the stabilizers.  Did you ever use it to raise the Niagara s roof?

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizKevin - You like Irish music?

g-whiz

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

QuoteSince it is St. Patrick s week and you will bring U2, I ll bring The Corrs. With CWB s Irish Rovers we can celebrate.

I m not sure,
 I ll have to check,
 but if you want some Irish music,
 I do believe we have a few Irish tapes and CD s at home.

I love Irish music.  Is Celtic the same?  I say bring them and Jeff the DJ can spin the tunes.  Especially now that he has admitted:

QuoteI actually sort of, a little bit, mildly, teensie-weensie enjoy ABBA (or is that spelled ABBA?). They were/are real musicians with some musical talent.

He has yet to say that he is fond of David Hasslehoff! [;)]

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizHey, I do like the car he co-starred with as well as the serious actresses that bounced along, er I mean that were on that other show.  As a singer, he s down there with Michael Bolton and Shaun Cassidy.  They sure do love him in Europe though.
 Does Scott have any co-workers like Pamela Anderson, lol?

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteDoes Scott have any co-workers like Pamela Anderson, lol?

Scott goes for brains and sense of humor so no Pamela Anderson types at the Harbor. [:D]

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizWell Georgeanne, I already knew that he only goes for terrific women like yourself. (insert PUT asian degrading winking face here)
 What makes me uncomfortable though are those few-seconds-too-long lip-locking embraces that he and Kevin engage in.  I mean you d think they d have the decency to take that business inside.