RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Most, if not all, campgrounds forbid gray water from being dumped on the ground, so sink and shower water have to be caught in a container then disposed of.

Scott

Scott,

Interesting comment. In response to another thread where someone was trying to put together a " Grey Water Dumping"  policy by state list, I learned some things.
 I have found that many of the BLM campgrounds have no problem with the release of grey water, so it really is a county by county policy, although many do NOT allow the release of grey water.  As for the truest link to the dumping of Gray, look here:
 http://www.recallgraydavis.com
 Sorry, I couldn t resist!! [:@][:@][:D][&:][&:][:o] But you and Ralph started the dumping of Gray thread![;)][;)]

HC <><

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsCWB - LOL on the Beige Davis jab.

Duane Family Momma - What a great story!  He s playing at Konocti resort on poorly named Clear Lake April 11 & 12.  It s a great venue though.  George throws an all-out fun concert.

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsDuane Family Momma - Almost forgot; When there is no sewer hook-up (hole in the ground) you use your grey water tote.  When there is sewer available, you can leave the tote at home.  I ll show you my sewer line my PU mechanic made for me.  It s pretty slick!  Although since Holly (says I have sewer h-u) and Brian (says I don t have sewer h-u) have me in 2 different sites, I ll be bringing both options just in case.

CWB - I ll either be telling you how well the 18 volt drill worked today or I ll be telling you about my fancy new 24 volt one I bought today.

Hybrid Holly

6Quigs
QuoteHolly, et al.... I was serious about the sewer... what do you need a sewer hole for if you have a self contained toilet and a dump site? Is it for your gray water? I guess they wouldn t want you dumping grey water so close to a large body of open water. Is the sewer a small opening or large one? Do you screw your hoses into it... or place them in? Has anyone invented a two for one hose that would connect two grey water hoses into one hose that goes into the sewer? Do you have to jump out of your vehicle everytime you take a shower versus run the kitchen sink?

The sewer hookup is like your own personal dump station.  If you have a selfcontained bathroom like I do, this means you can run unlimited amounts of water.  You also do not have to stop at the dump station on the way out.  

QuoteDuane Family Momma - Almost forgot; When there is no sewer hook-up (hole in the ground) you use your grey water tote. When there is sewer available, you can leave the tote at home. I ll show you my sewer line my PU mechanic made for me. It s pretty slick! Although since Holly (says I have sewer h-u) and Brian (says I don t have sewer h-u) have me in 2 different sites, I ll be bringing both options just in case.

I will repost the final site list later today.  Also, plan to put in a call to Snug Harbor this afternoon.  Any last minute questions?  Joan, I will ask about the the dog deposit.  
 For those of you who have not paid me, please bring your checkbooks or cash this weekend.

Hybrid Holly

6Quigshi everyone.
 For those of you with dogs, there is a $2 per dog charge, but there is NOT a deposit.  
 Here is a reminder of the site assignments:

5G Naomi
 Tania
 6G Champ521 (sewer)
 SCCS
 7 Calstate360
 8 Lorie and Debbie
 9 Memory Maker
 10A 6Quigs
 11G Neff (sewer)
 Surfcal
 12 CWB
 13 Ralph
 14 Otter
 17 Hybrid Holly
 18G Sammyslave (sewer)
 GSM X2

If you get in late, don t forget:
 The gate code is 1005

otter

6QuigsA gated popuping experience.  I m Impressed.  
 Thanks Holly for all your hard work.  
 See you Friday

The Memory Maker

6QuigsHello all-
 as much as DW does not want to admit it, we will not be able to make the rally this weekend.
 We are in the middle of buying new homes for ourselves and my MIL . The particular ones that we want will be drawn in lottery fashion Saturday morning. This means that by the time we finish with all of the paperwork involved, Saturday will be Saturday afternoon.
 Sunday is one of the only days that I can get together with my BIL to complete some repair work on my MIL s house.

We will miss all of you(yes, even CWB), Scott & Kevin- hug all you want to since my telephoto lens won t be able to reach that far.
 Holly-
 did you get our email late last week?-if not, contact me when you can.
 Thanks!!

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsScott/TMM - First of all - Congrat s on the house!!!  I hope you get the model you want!  My sister spent 2 nights to get the lot and house they wanted in Roseville and it paid off as they live in a very quiet section.  As for living with your MIL, well, you are a brave man and I hope your marriage lasts.  Just kidding Genevieve!!!
 As for the rally, I m sorry you won t be there.  Our younger one will miss your older one.

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsHolly - You don t mess around do you?  A gated cg, massages, room service, numerous daily papers at the stepper door, & hand picked M&M s!
 Seriously, thanks for setting this up!  I can t remember my balance due, but I m sure you ll corner me over the w/e and get it out of me.

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsCWB - Here s the poop on the drill (which is better somewhat than poop on the grill);  The 18 volt drill worked great!  I raised the roof twice today and the battery started to die near the end of the second raising, which is fine since I have a second battery.  The battery was fine, it just didn t have enough juice left to continue raising the roof the last foot.  Also, when we are full hook-up ing like this w/e, I can always plug in the charger after the raising.  Besides, when camping I ll only be raising the roof once per w/e.  My concern about over-cranking was definitely confirmed though.  I almost over-cranked the cables on the maiden raising!  Stopped with about 1/4"  left.  After I fully raised the roof, I then made marks on the lifters about 1"  up so that when I am raising the roof I will know when to stop and move on to the hand crank.
 I have decided to sacrifice this drill and see how long it will work for the roof.  If we had a/c I don t think it would get the job done.  If it goes one day, I ll happily purchase a 24 volt drill.
 The coolest thing regarding the drill that I did today though was positioning the Socket Jeanie and hand crank in the drill carrying case and then notching out with a razor blade the compartment seperation walls so the case would close.  The drill, batteries, charger, Socket Jeanie, hand crank, etc... now all fit in the one carrying case!  Everything in one tidy place.  Just how my anal self likes everything to be, lol.

The other thing I did today was to do a temporary deschnitz. to the Popupgizmo s.  I used velcro and affixed it to the solar covers and then put the velcro mate on the underside of the roof.  I will then crank up the roof about a foot and install the 3 solar covers.  Then I will finish raising the roof and after the shepherds poles are in place on the beds and slide, I ll just have to clamp down the three sides of each cover.  Hopefully it will work as well as it did today.  Like I said, this is a temporary mod. until I can get cracking on this AWESOME deschnitz. done by Bart/Everybody Hauls/SumGuy;
 http://softsmart.com/popup/HeatingCooling.html

The Memory Maker

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta
   As for living with your MIL, well, you are a brave man and I hope your marriage lasts.  Just kidding Genevieve!!!

Ha!
 She ll be living NEAR us, not with us.
 (I feel like Tin Taylor on Home Improvement " Al is my assistant, he assists me!" )

Civil_War_Buff

Red neff Barchetta

CWB - Here s the poop on the drill (which is better somewhat than poop on the grill);  The 18 volt drill worked great!  I raised the roof twice today and the battery started to die near the end of the second raising, which is fine since I have a second battery.  The battery was fine, it just didn t have enough juice left to continue raising the roof the last foot.  Also, when we are full hook-up ing like this w/e, I can always plug in the charger after the raising.  Besides, when camping I ll only be raising the roof once per w/e.  My concern about over-cranking was definitely confirmed though.  I almost over-cranked the cables on the maiden raising!  Stopped with about 1/4"  left.  After I fully raised the roof, I then made marks on the lifters about 1"  up so that when I am raising the roof I will know when to stop and move on to the hand crank.
 I have decided to sacrifice this drill and see how long it will work for the roof.  If we had a/c I don t think it would get the job done.  If it goes one day, I ll happily purchase a 24 volt drill.
 The coolest thing regarding the drill that I did today though was positioning the Socket Jeanie and hand crank in the drill carrying case and then notching out with a razor blade the compartment seperation walls so the case would close.  The drill, batteries, charger, Socket Jeanie, hand crank, etc... now all fit in the one carrying case!  Everything in one tidy place.  Just how my anal self likes everything to be, lol.

The other thing I did today was to do a temporary deschnitz. to the Popupgizmo s.  I used velcro and affixed it to the solar covers and then put the velcro mate on the underside of the roof.  I will then crank up the roof about a foot and install the 3 solar covers.  Then I will finish raising the roof and after the shepherds poles are in place on the beds and slide, I ll just have to clamp down the three sides of each cover.  Hopefully it will work as well as it did today.  Like I said, this is a temporary mod. until I can get cracking on this AWESOME deschnitz. done by Bart/Everybody Hauls/SumGuy;
 http://softsmart.com/popup/HeatingCooling.html

Jeff,

Glad to hear that the 18V worked well!  I know that with mine, the battery will last long enough to lower all 4 stabilizers and raise them once each.  I will need to make sure that I can recharge the battery every day while traveling.  I might spring for a second battery as well, just for the peace of mind.

I think that the velcro is a GREAT idea!  I used reflectix so mine didn t " bend"  as easily as Gizmo s sheets, but I can really see where the velcro will make installation easier. On the other 3 sides, do you use the clips? I used the black spring clips from the DollarTree (8 per pack) and then if I lost one or it blew off I didn t feel so bad.

TMM-

Sorry to hear that you can t make it this w/e!  Good luck on the house lotto though, I know how stressful that could be....let us know how things turn out.

Happy Campin  <><

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Here s the poop on the grill twice today and the last foot and on to the hand.
 I have decided to sacrifice and see how long it will work, I think it would get the job done and then notching out with a razor blade the compartment seperation walls so the case would close.  Everything in one tidy place.  Just how my anal self likes everything to be, lol.

Hey Neff:

I edited the heck out of your message to CWB and finally whittled it down to the core of the message.  Very interesting code going on there.  What the hell are you and CWB conspiring about?  It sounds fun, let me in on it.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

6QuigsRay,
 Damn, we ve been found out!  Just don t look in my freezer and we ll be fine.  You re as sharp as Jim Rockford and Columbo combined.  I ll share with you our preservation technique then.  CWB and I would love to have you for dinner.  See you soon Clarise.
 Whoohoo, see you in 2 days Ray!!!!

Surfcal

6QuigsHey,

How about " Eating Raoul?"   Or " A Fish called Wanda?"

Surfcal

P.S.  Seriously, one of my favorites is Repoman.  There s a line in there that goes, " ordinary people, I hate them."   Can you tell I like dark movies?