RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersWe can t make it on Thurs., but like usual we should arrive around 11:00 on Friday morning.
 Sewer please, if possible.
 Thanks.

The Memory Maker

SactoCampersHH-
 With the boys, Sewer would be GREATLY appreciated. **We sould be in early(about 11:00-12:00.[8D]

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Yes, Lar, I m sure.

My old man had extras from his Alfa Gold 5th wheel. There s no mistaking these. But I ll look again just to make sure.

Come to think of it, most 50 amp sites we stayed at when we would take out their 5th wheel had two receptacles: 30 and 20 amps. I know their 5th wheel had two separate cords to plug in because it had two internal air conditioners.

Ok Brian,

I just wanted to make sure, mainly because those things (adapters) are humongo!!  Usually campgrounds will have a 30 A. plug next to the 50.  From what I have read, the 50A is used for rigs that have both front and rear A/C, but your dad s (old man?????, I resemble that remark[&:][&:][&:]) may have been configured with 2 cords as well, I can see how that would work quite well when available.

Happy Campin  <><

Surfcal

SactoCampersI won t need one.  I ll just go visit Nick at his site and then conveniently and urgently need to use it and he ll have no choice.

Surfcal

Civil_War_Buff

SurfcalRay,

I knew that you and Nick were buds, (mainly for the beer), but I think that Michele may have a diffent take on your refuse issue.

This whole topic STINKS if you ask me, speaking of STINKS, where has TMM been in these discussions? [;)]  (Thanks for the vote Ray).  Now the conversation will end up in the TOILET won t it?  I think that we need to FLUSH a few thing out first though.  No doubt neff will WIPE up in the thread.

Happy Campin  <><

calstate360

Hybrid Holly
QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly
 I am in the process  of assigning sites.  Some sites do not have sewer.  Let me know if you want the sewer hookup and I will make sure you get one.  
 Also, a couple of the sites have 50 AMP electrical hookups and need a converter.  I have one and Snug Harbor might have a couple we can borrow.  Does anyone own one?

We need the sewer also. Joan can fill up the greywater tank quickly if I don t remind her.  I ll have her ask Lorri so she can get back to you. I don t think she even has a greywater tote yet.

Hybrid Holly

SactoCampersI am sorry I brought it up!!!!!  

gsm x2

SactoCampersHolly,

We can go either way.  We ll roll our tote if necessary.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampers
QuoteI am sorry I brought it up!!!!!

Holly - I forgot to mention that I will also require a current newspaper from each of the largest 6 U.S. cities as well as Tokyo & Moscow at my stepper door precisely at 7:30 each morning as well my PU cleaned between 11:00 & 12:30 each day with a mint on each pillow.  Oh yeah, don t forget to fold the open end of the RV/septic safe toilet paper roll into a swan and embroider our initials on our linen.
 Thanks a million!  You re a real dear!

6Quigs

SactoCampersSewer would be nice but not necessary.
 As long as the dump station is not too far for Margaret to have to haul the aquatainers to.
 More important for us is being close to other families with kids.
 Makes it easier to keep an eye on our youngest two.
 The older two will have their light sabers, so will come to no harm!

Neff

sammyslave

SactoCampersSewer please..too many dishes

SCCS

SactoCampersWe will arrive on friday in the afternoon.We would like to have a sewer connection, but it looks like they are going fast.No big deal. I ll just have the kids take it to the dump site as I sit and enjoy the group.We would like to have a single site though.BTW we don t have an adapter.

Hybrid Holly

sammyslaveHi everyone, well I made a trip down to Snug Harbor yesterday and here is my review:

SNUG!  Well named.  For those of you who have gotten use to the roomy campsites like we had a Chabot, start weening yourself!  Good thing we all like each other!  All of the sites are the same size.   Just about everyone has asked for a single site, which is going to be impossible, but the only difference between the single and double sites is that one of the sites in the double sites does not have sewer, so the new poll is:  who is willing to NOT have a sewer hookup?  We need at least 5 volunteers (Otter and Surfcal have already done so, so I need at least 3 others).  Snug Harbor reserves about 4 single sites for permanent rental, if any of those are available when we check in we can have them, which will help!  

All of the sites are on the water with the main site for Sammyslave having a party deck out over the water.   So be watchful of the little ones and the big ones who have had too much to drink and can t swim!  If you have any sort of boat, kayak or canoe, this would be a great place for it....also bring your fishing gear!  

The area is not great for hiking or walking, but the entire area including the residential area leading up to the campground is 5 MPH so the kids on bikes or running around and the dog walkers should be safe.

The roads to get to Snug Harbor are narrow and curvy, be very careful.  The Ryde ferry is quite fun, but do not attempt to take it at low tide with a trailer.  The tide links are on the Snug Harbor website:  www.snugharbor.net

There is a nice public golf course in Rio Vista as well as shopping and boat rentals.  

The campground has a gameroom and little store as well as a beach area.  Also, if you have any camping-phobic friends, there are these neat little rentals available.

That is it for today.  I will assign the sites as soon as I have enough volunteers for the non-sewer sites as we need!

Red neff Barchetta

sammyslaveHolly - We ll take a non-sewer site.  I ll just use Nick s sewer since he is sharing with the group.  Or maybe SCCS  initiation can be to let us all use his shiny new 30 gallon grey water tote if he gets one, ha.

Of course, I expect my previous requests to be met though.  In fact, throw in a crystal bowl filled with M&M s with the blue & red one s picked out.

Thanks again!

I ll push for foot rubs & nail trimming in a later post.

Surfcal

sammyslaveWe are really becoming a tight community.  Things are falling into place.

- Sammyslave has the cooking and bar thing down and the newest offering, their Paha Que.
 - GSM X2 & G-Whiz bring the good weather, wine (notice I left out good) and Kazoos.
 - Neff and Sactocampers are our local PG&E.
 - Surfcal has games & entertainment, firetending and freeloading down.
 - Hybrid and Otter help out with the dirty dishes.
 - And Nick provides the bathroom facilities.

That s all we need from top to bottom.  We re all set.

Carry on... (mayber more appropriately, rolling downhill),

Surfcal

P.S.  And Hybrid, although I m a Niner fan, I m rooting for the Raiders because of the Petester.