RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

I have to back out of this rally [:(]. Mrs. Sactocampers and I have a commitment we can t escape [:(].

MAJOR Bummer! Sorry you will not be attending, Brian. The Sactofamily will be sorely missed.

Hybrid Holly

otterHi everyone...
 I sent in the final payment to Snug Harbor yesterday and I will be cashing the checks I have from you all tomorrow.  I still need money from two of you.  
 Here are the participants:
 Surfcal
 6Quigs
 CWB
 Red Barchetta
 Sammyslave
 Champ521
 SCCS
 GSM X2  
 Hybrid Holly
 Memory Maker
 Otter
 Calstate360
 Lorie and Debbie (Calstate s friends)

RTurner

otterWe sent a separate message recently about joining the group.  Would there be room for us at this rally?

Surfcal

RTurnerRojana & Ron:

I can answer one of the two questions.  There really isn t a true process for joining.  One of the things you should do is check out the website, www.nick-neff-cough.org.  After reading the content and you still feel compelled to join, contact one of the web " Jedi"  masters and get listed along with a picture.  We re behind in that process.

Additionally, all you have to do to become a member is to be relatively informed about the group activity and join us in one of our regularly scheduled rallies.  Being on the PUT boards is a great way to keep in touch since the majority of our communications is through here.

As for Snug Harbor, I am sure Hybrid Holly will come along and answer your question.  Every Rally has its own Wagonmaster and they have the full command of the subject.  Incidentally, we have lots of group activity at this Rally, including Mud Wrestling, Mud Skiing and Mud Slinging.  This will be a great starter campout to attend.

Good luck,
 Surfcal

Hybrid Holly

otter
QuoteWe sent a separate message recently about joining the group. Would there be room for us at this rally?

Hi R and R,
 I just made the final payment to Snug Harbor, but I will call them and see what I can do.   I will email you.

gsm x2

otterHuh, Holly Holly.  What did you find out.  Can the RT s come play with the GSM s at snug harbor???  Huh, Huh.

Please let us all know.

gsm x2

RTurner

otterHi Gang,
 Ok so we are not flakes, our Hybrid went for " minor"  adjustments, AND..........they are going to have to replace the entire floor structure and lino etc.
 Long story and will follow up later.  Needless to say, we may or may not have our new home back in time for the March rally.
 So sad, as we had this weekend all planned (no kids for the maiden voyage).  Going to drive up to the big pretty Lake with the slot machines and motels (yuck!), might as well take advantage of the away time.

Looking forward to the next gathering!

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2RTurner,
 Hey Snug Harbor has some cute little cottages for rent.  IF you don t want to head to the Lake, maybe you could still come join us!  Let me know if it looks like you will have the trailer back and I will call Snug Harbor.

g-whiz

gsm x2I wanted to get signed up early in the food department so no one beats me to the punch.  I ll be bringing the Ham Jerky and the bottle of Simply Red that I found today while putting away our newly acquired wine.  [;)][:D][8D]

gsm x2

gsm x2Oh yeah G-Whiz....glad you got those items listed early.  I am sure that HAM JERKY and that fine Michigan wine, " Simply Red" , were high on everyone s " Bring to Snug Harbor"  list.

Please folks....don t back out.  There is no obligation to eat or drink either of these items.  And besides, the ham jerky works well as a liner for holes in hiking boots and when mixed with oil, the Simply Red makes a fine salad dressing.

gsm x2

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2I thought you left the ham with the homeless in Santa Cruz?  

g-whiz

Hybrid HollyThe only homeless person we came across turned out to be a vegetarian, so we STILL have that da** ham.  [8D]

Ab Diver

gsm x2This is too funny. Next thing we ll know, there ll be a new Reality Show, the " PUT Survivor"  series, where a team of campers  has to match wits and work together to survive being trapped at an undisclosed location by a road closure. First up, food preparation and storage for the winter months, starting out with G-whiz s tried and true recipe for " Da***d Ham Jerky" .

Just think how history would have changed if only those snow-bound travelers of the Donner party had possessed the same skills as G-Whiz. [;)]

otter

gsm x2Hey, watch the cracks about the homeless in Santa Cruz....
  We have a soft spot in our hearts for Santa Cruz..I may be true that the homeless there are vegetarians, but that is part of what makes them so special.
 Can t wait to hear the Ham Jerky story.

" Surviour -Celebrity- POPUP"  could be hit.  But one weekend with this group is usually enough  reality  for me.  
 hugs all

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2
QuoteHey, watch the cracks about the homeless in Santa Cruz....
 We have a soft spot in our hearts for Santa Cruz..I may be true that the homeless there are vegetarians, but that is part of what makes them so special.

Reminds me of the story of Davis  previous mayor, famous for creating the toad tunnel and protecting historic potholes.  She insisted that all meals for the homeless should have a vegetarian option and that we needed to plant more fruit trees on city property for the homeless to eat from.