RE: " Wave n at da Beach" Nor-Cal Mini-Rally!

Started by otter, May 07, 2003, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

QuoteIt is understood that only locals " pure of heart and thought"  shall gaze upon the creature s greatness.

About 30 years ago while trying to find a hotel in the area that would allow a dog, we were wondering around that area making  occasional stops to clean up after the vomiting kids and dog, AND upon coming out of the ladies room at rest stop....there in the undrebrush was the BEER.  
 Oh! yes!  I am pure of heart.  

Believe it or leave it!

Dianne, are you saying you drank that thing??? [: (]

Ab Diver

never2poopd2popnever2poopd2pop--  While the exact lineage of Barkley the Beer may be up for debate, I will not doubt the sincerity of your claim. I personally have seen Barkley on several occasions, and can attest that he looks far more Ursus arctos than Ursus americanus, but then again I could swear I ve also seen the Olympia Beer Artesians and the Rillim Reeb aliens. I wish you could join us in Ft. Bragg at the rally... I m sure that after a couple bottles of this fine brew (I m buying) we could reach a mutually agreeable settlement on our differences. Matters of such import should not go unresolved. [;)]

Then again, has anybody else here at NNC seen that herd of White Deer with the Orange Antlers hanging around Hwy. 101 up by Willits? Barkley s ancestry may not be so strange after all...

Ab Diver--- sitting in the lotus position, and striving to be pure of heart and thought.

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteAccording the the BJCP, or the Beer Judge Certification Program, these are the main categories of beers. To be a judge, you just have to know your beers. Any questions?

Yes, I have a question.... Is there beer tasting like there is wine tasting?  Seven years ago I didn t even know what wine was (except for Simply Red [;)]) so I m thinking maybe if I started beer tasting, I would acquire a taste for it.  It worked for coffee and wine, so I think beer is my next challenge. [8D]

Surfcal

g-whizG, it ll be great for you to join us in our group of beer drinking buddies.

As these NNC officionados can attest, there is a whole world of delicious subtleties in finely brewed beer, tastes of which are missing in grossly massed produced beers you find in the supermarket.

Micro-breweries, for more than 20 years, since they ve relaxed the laws in California have been providing the backbone of this renaissance and people are finally realizing and appreciating good beer.

Bud may have the highest gross sales, but I also think it s the grossest.  Drinking Bud and basing beer on it is like tasting Cheeze-Whiz and basing your whole knowledge of cheese on that product.

Surfcal

P.S.  Yes, sometimes I can get a little opinionated.  My apologies to those who like Bud.

Ab Diver

Surfcal
QuoteYes, sometimes I can get a little opinionated. My apologies to those who like Bud.

-wise-

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteBud may have the highest gross sales, but I also think it s the grossest. Drinking Bud and basing beer on it is like tasting Cheeze-Whiz and basing your whole knowledge of cheese on that product.

Or we could say:  Bud = Simply Red.  [;)]   At the start of my wine tasting, I began with White Zinfindel (which is WAY too sweet for me now) and worked into the drier whites and the reds.   So, I m wondering, where do I start in the beer lineup... Pale Ale?

g-whiz

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

QuoteYes, sometimes I can get a little opinionated. My apologies to those who like Bud.

-wise-

Er

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff Barchetta

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

-er-

Owe me a Coke.... STOP!

Surfcal

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

-wise-

And, I ll drink a Bud with any of you as an apology, especially you Dave.  You know I always root for the small guys and underdogs.  A toast.

Surfcal

P.S.  Dave, I ve kind of had a nightmarish, but adventurous stretch of a weekend.  First I got on a kick to get a kayak on Thursday, bought an inflatable.  Friday, tried it out, didn t like the performance, got another one from REI, with numerous trips in between to get the accessories.  Long story short, tonight, I finally got a used kayak from a guy along with all the accessories who used it only once, all for $ 350.  It s a beginner 9  boat, good for flatwater, complete with nice paddles, spray skirt, leash, wetbag, etc., and I m good to go.  I will bring it along if I can figure out how to secure it to my truck.  I will bring my wetsuit, still fits after a couple of years getting more rounded around the waist being opinionated about beer.

griffsmom

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

I will bring my wetsuit, still fits after a couple of years getting more rounded around the waist being opinionated about beer.

Isn t neoprene wonderful? I still " fit"  into my spring suit that I had custom made when I was a hard-core surfer about 15 years ago.  Sure I still fit, but it sure ain t pretty![:)]

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizBeing a stupid high-school er (who shouldn t have been drinking in the first place), I quite frequently got tanked on Mickey s Big Mouth beer while playing quarter s and Mexi-Cali.  I can t even smell beer that smells anything remotely like it now such as Coor s, Bud, Miller, Heineken, Corona, etc... without getting the unsettling urge to lose my lunch.
 If I am guilty of being a snob about something then I guess it s my love for Pale Ale and nothing else.  It s either heaven or hell for me with no in between.

Red neff Barchetta

g-whiz
QuoteOwe me a Coke.... STOP!

You make it up to Fort Bragg Georgeanne and I ll not only hand over a Coke, but I ll dance on the table tops with you to the sultry sounds of ABBA (or is that ABBA?)!

" 10 seconds Bob"  and " Dave s not here"

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizRay,
 I was explaining to Austen your truck set-up and he now would rather hang out with you at your " truck-up"  than our PU, lol.  He thinks it s really cool that you have an awning on your truck.