RE: " Wave n at da Beach" Nor-Cal Mini-Rally!

Started by otter, May 07, 2003, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizHahahahaha!
 I m pulling a Nick here tonight and killing this thread.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizAll is well Jeff.  How about you?

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizAaw, thanks.  You re not so bad yourself.

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

QuoteOwe me a Coke.... STOP!

You make it up to Fort Bragg Georgeanne and I ll not only hand over a Coke, but I ll dance on the table tops with you to the sultry sounds of ABBA (or is that ABBA?)!

" 10 seconds Bob"  and " Dave s not here"

I would hand over my first born to be able to go up to Fort Bragg, get my Coke and dance with you on the table tops.  Alas, Scott cannot get Sunday off, and that would be a bit too much driving and riding for such a short time to camp. [:(]  But, we are in luck since SCC is holding a mini rally in Temecula that very same weekend!  The joys of living in Ventura. [:D]

g-whiz

Red neff BarchettaPS:  It s ABBA! [:D][;)]

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Aaw, thanks.  You re not so bad yourself.

Have you been tipping a few pale ales?

Surfcal

g-whizYup Jeff:

My truck is not a pop-up, it s a pull-out.  That s us pop-up campers, anything that will unfold, inflate or pop-out, it s the life of the nomadic set.

Surfcal

gsm x2

g-whizMy problem is that I had to work long and hard (after many a hard night of volleyball) to acquire a taste for beer---the piss yellow stuff.  I keep trying to drink the other stuff...even ordered a tall Sierra Nevada tonight...Just can t seem to bring myself to try and acquire a " new and improved"  taste in beer.

I will only drink beer from a bottle if that helps at all.

gsm x2

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 I will only drink beer from a bottle if that helps at all.

Me too!  I can t stand it from a can, but Dave thinks I m being silly![>:]

As for wine and champagne, I will only drink that from the bottle too [;)]

Surfcal

g-whizSoctt:

At SCC & NCC, we are an equal beer drinking opportunity group.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Surfcal

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

I will bring my wetsuit, still fits after a couple of years getting more rounded around the waist being opinionated about beer.

Isn t neoprene wonderful? I still " fit"  into my spring suit that I had custom made when I was a hard-core surfer about 15 years ago.  Sure I still fit, but it sure ain t pretty![:)]

You are so right Lori.  I still fit, but I more closely resemble the Michelin man mascot.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

griffsmom
Quote1. AMERICAN LAGER
 2. EUROPEAN PALE LAGER
 3. LIGHT ALE
 4. BITTER AND ENGLISH PALE ALE
 5. SCOTTISH ALES
 6. AMERICAN PALE ALES
 7. INDIA PALE ALE
 8. Kā„¢LSCH AND ALTBIER
 9. GERMAN AMBER LAGER
 10. BROWN ALE
 11. ENGLISH AND SCOTTISH STRONG ALE
 12. BARLEYWINE AND IMPERIAL STOUT
 13. EUROPEAN DARK LAGER
 14. BOCK
 15. PORTER
 16. STOUT
 17. WHEAT BEER
 18. STRONG BELGIAN ALE
 19. BELGIAN AND FRENCH ALE
 20. LAMBIC AND BELGIAN SOUR ALE
 21. FRUIT BEER
 22. SPICE/HERB/VEGETABLE BEER
 23. SMOKE-FLAVORED BEER
 24. SPECIALTY/EXPERIMENTAL/HISTORICAL
 25. MEAD
 26. CIDER

Uh, Ray, you forgot the most important one.......FREE Beer. And you call yourself certified [&:] [;)].

Unlike Ray the beer snob [;)][8D], I will drink any beer that is placed in front of me, but Lori and Scott I will only buy bottled beer also. Jeff, I too am familiar with the Mickey s wide mouth and (sort of) have memories. I also have stories of watching " Strange Brew"  with a case of Keystone Light. Need I say more. I think we ve lived parallel lives.

G-Whiz, I don t know if beer is an acquired taste. I suppose it is, but I still can t get myself to drink coffee so go figure. I guess some tastes you acquire and others you don t [;)]. Don t know why I like beer so much...I just do. I even like non-alcoholic beer. Jeff is married to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. That s definitely a good one, but perhaps a little too robust for a beginner. I would suggest something a little lighter, perhaps with a little sweetness to ease the psychological transition from wine to beer. I recommend you start with Pyramid Apricot Ale. It s available just about anywhere and is a good introduction for a  female wine drinker into the world of microbrews. Mrs. Sactocampers doesn t really like beer, but she ll drink Bud Light and Pyramid Apricot Ale.