News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: MOUNT MADONNA

Started by Ca-girl, Jun 25, 2003, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammyslave

Anyone interested in going to Mount Madonna in July let me know. We have reservations for July 17,18,19 leaving on Sunday. Looks like good availability
 and you can make your reservations on-line at www.GoOutsideAndPlay.org

I currently have sites reserved at the Valley View 1 campsite..In the Redwoods, fire pits, bathrooms and showers (ya gotta pay) water and power. (no sewers) Good hiking trails. Ask Otter, Gwhiz, Surfcal, Nick, Holly etc.

http://www.parkhere.org/scc/assets/docs/199470VV%20Campgrounds.pdf

http://www.parkhere.org/channel/0,4770,chid%253D16500%2526sid%253D12761,00.html

Site assignments.

101 Sammyslave or Ray, whoever gets there first. Sammyslave and Acme towing will be there last. 17,18,19
 102 Whobenewbe 17,18,19
 103 6Quigs 18,19
 104 Hybrid Holly 18,19
 105 clueless in sacramento
 108 SCCS
 110 Lute and Bonnie
 111 Dave and Teresa
 112 Otter 17,18,19
 113 Richard and Bea
 114 Nick 17,18,19
 115 The M&M s
 116B open reserved
 320 Surfcal (boondocks)

Ca-girl

sammyslaveDang it...we ve already commited that weekend to another camping trip at Union Valley Resevoir.  So many camping opportunities, so little time......

Have a great time, and please have a Tanqueray and Tonic in my honor [8D][:D]

SactoCampers

sammyslaveWe ll be at Woodson Bridge SP that weekend. After the Woodson Bridge rally last year, Mrs. Sacto and I decided we wanted to get to Chico once a year (this year when CSU, Chico is out! [;)]) and August/September are booked with rallies!

I have been wanting to try Mount Madonna, though.

Nick

sammyslaveI ll be there!  Per the email just let me know which site I am and I ll pay you.

Clueless in Sacremento

sammyslave99% sure you can count us in.  We just have to clear a few things from our schedules.  One question about the cg.  It looks like you can reserve regular camping sites but the seventeen with partial hook-ups are first come first serve.  Do you have any information about that?

sammyslave

sammyslaveThey take reservations.. just click on www.GoOutsideAndPlay.org and select the site you want. We are staying in the upper loop which is really in the trees. The loop road is good for kids and bicycles.

Sites 101 thru 115 are all pretty nice...and the ones we have camped in before.

I naturally have the one closest to the bathroom.

Oops...No, Surfcal,  I am not in the spot that you think that I am in ..I m really far away from the bathrooms.

SactoCampers

sammyslaveLarry,

Looks like you ve got a rally on your hands. So come up with a catchy title!

sammyslave

sammyslaveWell, we have Banana Slugs (many), Deer (some), Skunks, Raaaacoooons (not too many) coyotes ( which make the skunks and raaacooons pretty scarce)

How about the Banana Junction Function?

Nick

sammyslaveI like it Larry!

Richard and Bea reserved site 113.
 Dave has 111

Which one do I have Larry?

Clueless in Sacremento

sammyslaveWe are definitely in.  We have reserved site 105.  Does anyone have any info on that garden/amusement park in Gilroy?

sammyslave

sammyslaveBonfante Gardens..great park for kids..my grandchildren have a blast there (7 and 4 years old) perfect for kids. Wineries are 15 minutes from the campgrounds.

http://www.bonfantegardens.com/

sammyslave

sammyslaveThere are still lots of spaces left, but they are a few minutes walk from the upper loop.

Hybrid Holly

sammyslaveI want to be in....what do I need to do?  

sammyslave

sammyslavePick one of the open reserved sites listed in the first message.