Started by SactoCampers, Jul 10, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Ok, now you can stop hyjacking the website thread. [:D]

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteThe " I Scream"  Rally is on the website:

This is exactly one of the reasons NNC is so good.  I thought it was good of Nick to set up this separate board as well as put wheels in motion for a winter rally, and now Sacto swoops in and has already set up the Web page.  You guys are great!

Nick

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

The " I Scream"  Rally is on the website:

http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/nnc/id82.html

High five Sacto.

You must have just beet me to it.  I posted the thread and then went to update the website.

Cottonwooder

NickWow, Nick and I were posting about our rallies on each other s boards at the same time!

SactoCampers

NickUh, guess what?.....I gotta pull a Sacto on this one. I thought that weekend was clear but it turns out we re throwing a big 60th birthday party for my MIL on the 11th. Doing a first class gig on the Delta King. I even checked with Mrs. Sacto to make sure the weekend was free, but I screwed up. And here I lobbied for the location and the weekend and now we can t go. So, yes, there are reasons why some of us have phrases named after us and we all seem to be wearing them well lately!

RTurner

Nick[:o][:o]

We signed up for the rally on the " Website tread" .  So PCMom if you didn t see the other post-please count us in.

Sacto-guess we can tell you what it s like [:(], sorry you can t go. Sactotoddler and Turner Toddler are almost old enough to interact.

pcmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Uh, guess what?.....I gotta pull a Sacto on this one. I thought that weekend was clear but it turns out we re throwing a big 60th birthday party for my MIL on the 11th. Doing a first class gig on the Delta King. I even checked with Mrs. Sacto to make sure the weekend was free, but I screwed up. And here I lobbied for the location and the weekend and now we can t go. So, yes, there are reasons why some of us have phrases named after us and we all seem to be wearing them well lately!

Sure, set up the whole rally VOLUNTEER me to wagonmaster it and then you bail on us[8D].......Well, we will think about you when we are having all the fun at the lake and enjoying those delicious Ice Cream Cones [:D][:D][:D]

pcmom

pcmomOk Everyone,

I need some help/information from all of you so that I " correctly"  set up the rally.  Keep in mind I haven t even attended one yet[&:]

So looking at the map:  http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/nnc/id82.html and according to the Collins Lake web site ( http://www.collinslake.com ), we have our choice of sites 202-221 (12 sites) with water and electric - rates would be $35 +$7 reservation fee per site with a max of $40 reservation fee when 7 sites or more are booked Or we can book the official RV Group Area with 12 sites with water and electric at a rate of $29 per nite and no reservation fee when 6 sties or more are booked  The " group"  area is (looking at map) to the right of sites 202-221 near the " open camping"  area.  It looks like there are sites that include sewer that are the $35 +$7 fee per night but may be scattered around the campground.  By the way, there is a 2 night minimum stay and each pet is $2 per night.

Also, since it looks like we already have 9 or 10 families signed up, maybe both of the areas I just mentioned may not work anyway.  Sactocampers mentioned the number of 15, is this reasonable knowing that we may already have 10 coming or should I ask for 20 sites?  Is Water/Electric OK or is Sewer needed too?

So give me an idea of what everyone normally wants.......  I m planning on calling Collins Lake tomorrow (Friday) and would like to have the appropriate information on what I am asking for.

Thanks!![:)]

Hybrid Holly

SactoCampers

pcmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

Ok Everyone,

I need some help/information from all of you so that I " correctly"  set up the rally.  Keep in mind I haven t even attended one yet[&:]

Also, since it looks like we already have 9 or 10 families signed up, maybe both of the areas I just mentioned may not work anyway.  Sactocampers mentioned the number of 15, is this reasonable knowing that we may already have 10 coming or should I ask for 20 sites?  Is Water/Electric OK or is Sewer needed too?

So give me an idea of what everyone normally wants.......  I m planning on calling Collins Lake tomorrow (Friday) and would like to have the appropriate information on what I am asking for.

Thanks!![:)]

pcmom,

neither of the 12 site grouping areas will work since I think we ll have more than 12 families who want to go. And we don t want to split up the group, if possible. Their website indicates you can reserve any set of sites in the campground, so just tell them we need more than 12 reservations and I m sure they will put us in a different area. 20 sites seems reasonable and you can always scrub some back to them if we don t end up with that many. I wouldn t worry too much about cost. It s more important for us to all be able to camp together than save a few bucks and have us scattered around.

Calstate361

NickMichelle, remember the long note I sent in the other thread about seeing if we can arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday (10/9-13/03) and if they accept Sal s Disabled Pass?  Still need an answer on that.

We went through that " hook-up"  kind of decision for Holly s Rally, " Snug Harbor" .  We all want, at least, water and electricity and the sewer is optional.  Most of us with the hybreds want the sewer also, but I ll let everyone tell you themselves.

We would want all three.  If they accept Sal s Disabled Pass, we DO NOT need a handicapped space.

I suggest that if sites 202-222 are not enough, then try for sites 107-120.  That gives you 13 sites close together, then if you need more you can add 105, 106, 122, 124, 126, 127, and 128.  OR, just reserve 107-128 and give up the sites if they are not needed.  I would, personally, reserve 107-128, because that would give you 20 sites to play with.

If you reserve sites 202-222 we would like site 210.  If you reserve sites 107-128, we would like site 113.  

THANKS

Joan

calstate360

Calstate361
QuoteORIGINAL:  Calstate361

Michelle, remember the long note I sent in the other thread about seeing if we can arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday (10/9-13/03) and if they accept Sal s Disabled Pass?  Still need an answer on that.

We went through that " hook-up"  kind of decision for Holly s Rally, " Snug Harbor" .  We all want, at least, water and electricity and the sewer is optional.  Most of us with the hybreds want the sewer also, but I ll let everyone tell you themselves.

We would want all three.  If they accept Sal s Disabled Pass, we DO NOT need a handicapped space.
 Joan

I don t want a handicapped site due to the BS it caused at Bodega Bay.[:)]
 Brian you re safe on that one. It was that stupid Reserve America s fault.[:@]
 Sal

Clueless in Sacremento

pcmomHi pcmom

Count us in.  Sewer is always nice to have but by no means a requirement.  By the way, I have ds who will be 5 yo on 12/1. He is looking forward to meeting new friends at the Sept. rally.

6Quigs

pcmompcmom, you are doing a great job,
 considering you have never met any of us,
 and are already organizing a Rally.

How did you explain this to your husband
 " Oh honey,
 I m arranging a camping trip for a bunch of people I ve met on the internet.
 They seem really nice."
[;)]

Anyway,
 good luck when you call Collins Lake today.
 Water and Electricity are what everybody wants when we camp together.
 Sewer is nice, but necessary, as most of us have grey water containers we love to show off, and all the Hybrids have holding tanks.
 Having sites close together is also very important, as there is a lot of just wandering from site to site to visit with people going on. Also the kids can stay close, just visiting their new friends.
 Looking at the map, lakeshore sites are nice, but for us not necessary.
 I d rater pay the $29 instead of the $35 for a lakeside, especially as it looks like it is a steep drop to the lake from the campsite, and with a wandering 2 year old, my wife would be happier to keep him away from the water.
 I see pets are an extra $2 a night, and the reservation is for 4 people per site, with extra people being charged $3 a night. As we are a family of 6, that s an extra $6 a night. (How strict are they on this?, especailly as we are a group, and not everyone has 4 people per site?)

Again,
 Thanks for taking this on, and let us know how you got on.

Kevin