RE: " I Scream Rally" Collins Lake Oct. 10-12

Started by SactoCampers, Jul 10, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ca-girl

SCCSWe made it home, and, as usual, a great time was had by all.  Thanks again PCMom for wagonmastering this one.  Here are some of the highlights from my perspective....

The biggest surprise of the weekend had to be when Surfcal showed up Friday night unexpectedly in his usual form.  As a tribute to him, we held Saturday night s campfire in his empty site which, I m sure, thrilled the guys camping behind it.[8D]

Even though Pete and Dave did NOT catch Saturday s dinner (and I had my palate all set for fresh fish!) their boat rental wasn t a complete waste....Dave took the kids out Saturday afternoon, and Melissa is still talking about it!  Apparently the best part of the ride was when he drove the boat right over those HUGE waves! [:D]

The RRing around Friday s campfire was vintage NNC stuff. As Surfcal already mentioned, coming clean about the Snug Harbor photo secrets was hilarious.  Sorry Carrie....I REALLY thought Pete already knew! [:o][:D]  

Saturday s pumpkin carving festivities were also a great idea.  It was quite a sight watching people walking up the roads from all directions towards PCMom s site carrying pumpkins.  Non-NNCers at the campground thought they were missing out on some great pumpkin sale or something!  The kids seemed to really enjoy the project, and I think some of the adults were enjoying it even more.  Joan generously brought tons of cute pumpkin patterns, and the Jack-O-Lanterns turned out great.

Well, that s about it for me now.  It s time to get myself out of " camping mode"  and into " working mode"  again [:(]  Here are a few pictures....

http://community.webshots.com/album/94549751RNqoBD

pcmom

pcmomWe re home and unpacked.  Thanks to everyone that suggested we take the Marysville/Yuba City route home, it was a much more pleasant experience and no hills to climb!  For those of you that don t know, I followed the directions from the Collins Lake website and well, I traveled down " narrow, 2-lane, rough, back roads" .  Thanks also to Holly and CKkevin for helping me get the trailer backed-in and setup in the DARK!

Just who was that masked man that showed up unannounced???? Oh, it was the wonderful Surfcal[8D][8D]  Thanks Surfcal for the superb commentary!

The Pumpkin Carving was fun and I think the adults enjoyed it more than the kids[8D]

And of course, the potluck breakfast and dinner were wonderful.  Although I think dinner could have been classified as the " Salad Fest" [:D][:D]

BUT WAIT........where did everybody go so early Sunday morning??????  They snuck out before we got a group photo[:o]

I did take many photos and will post them hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

abbear

SCCS[8D][8D][8D][8D]
 1. Even though I was one of perhaps two popups at this rally, and I believe in the heritage and history that has become NNC - I think we need to consider an initial switch if not now in the near future from Non Exclusive Pop up and Hybrid to Non Exclusive Hybrid and Pop up (NEPH to NEHP).  Times are changing and we are, too.  We also need to add a d at the end for dogs so we would look like this

Northern and Central California Non Exclusive Hybrid and Pop up Club of Friendly Folks & Dogs (NCCNEHPCOFFD or NICK-NEP-COUGHED)

Actually - forget all this!!!  

CALLING ALL POP UPS TO POP UP AND DEFEND YOURSELF AGAINST THE SINISTER INCURSION OF THE SO CALLED  HYBRID !!

2.  While I saw someone who looked like Ray (Surfcal) there was no chance for fingerprints or DNA tests and the signature Surfcal Half Pop was missing.  Additionally, no sites were swiped.  It is this reporters opinion, therefore, that the individual known variously as Ray or Surfcal was not in attendance at this rally - rather a clever imitator took us all in.[;)]

3.  If you were at the rally and missed the ice cream you missed something wonderful.  Asked clearly for one scoop and was given a cone that clearly had two scoops yet was charged for one scoop. [8D]  

4.  A good time was had by all - dogs, kids, adults, and impostors.

Thanks Michelle

Red neff Barchetta

SCCSGreat reviews & pic s all!

Proud and happy PU owner right here Allen.  We re staying with it for some time we ve decided.

Did anyone actually meet or get a pic. of the elusive CK Kevin?  hee, hee.

pcmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteDid anyone actually meet or get a pic. of the elusive CK Kevin?  hee, hee.

Yes, I did [:D]  Some great photos of him and his family, my favorite is of him and the girls fishing together. [:)]  Hopefully I will get photos posted tomorrow.

Surfcal

SCCSRNB:

Yes, I did meet the enigmatic CK Kevin.  He is everything wonderful they say.  A handsome dude.  Everywhere he walked, the wind would blow and clear a path for him.  He s blessed!

I...I even shook his hand.  I am not washing it at all.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

abbear
QuoteNorthern and Central California Non Exclusive Hybrid and Pop up Club of Friendly Folks & Dogs (NCCNEHPCOFFD or NICK-NEP-COUGHED)

Day-um, that still leaves us out. [:(]   Amen for that " Non Exclusive"  part! [:D]

Glad you all had fun. [:)]

Surfcal
QuoteBee Cee got the full story of how we stole a shot of the Full Monty.

I wasn t even there![:D]

I m kinda suprised to find out there was no group photo. That s got to be a first. I thought we might have slept through it. We pulled out just after 11 a.m. to find out that alot of families beat us out. It was really great to see everyone again. There was even a sighting of the elusive Surfcal.

champ521

ckkevin

pcmomWow! we finally made it to a NNC Rally.[:)][:)]  It was great to finally be able to see some of the great people who make up the best camping club one could be apart of.  We felt very welcome by the group and look forward to many more rallies.  Our two girls had a great time playing with Sal and Joan s grandchildren.  They were asking on the way home when they could visit their new friends.  

Because our camper was so far away from the bonfire, we weren t able to match wits against the mighty rabble rousers once we put the kids to bed, but we will be prepared next time.[8D]

QuoteDid anyone actually meet or get a pic. of the elusive CK Kevin? hee, hee.

I tried to make sure at least a couple of people saw me.  If I turn sideways or  stand next to a tree, sometimes people miss me, but when in a group, I can usually be found.  We did however, switch sites once we arrived to try and make people wonder if we really were there.

QuoteYes, I did meet the enigmatic CK Kevin. He is everything wonderful they say. A handsome dude. Everywhere he walked, the wind would blow and clear a path for him. He s blessed!

I...I even shook his hand. I am not washing it at all.

Wow, thanks for the kind words Ray.  In the future, you might want to  try and stay clear of the wind that blew.[:o]   As for your hand, a good antibacterial soap should take care of the problem.[&:]

Thanks again PCMom for putting the trip together.  It was great time by all!

Calstate361

SCCSTHANKS PC Mom for the great rally.  

Well we got back yesterday (Monday) at about 4:00 p.m. (we took our time packing up).   It was pretty quiet after everyone left Sunday Morning.  By Monday Morning almost everyone else (non NNCers) left also so the place was almost empty.  Although Rita and Larry (Sammyslave) were missed we still manged to congregate around PC Mom s site.  

Tania (CA Girl), nice pictures, especially #011 which had the grandkids (plus Mom & Dad) in the picture (Dan, Teresa, Alexis and Danny in the picture, Scotty was out of the picture in the stroller next to Teresa).  They really enjoyed our crazy group and maybe we can get them to join us again.

CKKevin, it was nice having you camped next to us because our grandkids really enjoyed your girls.  Danny was crying when they left because he didn t want to go home and miss his new friends.

It was also nice having a new couple to NCC camped on the other side of us.  Their handle is, I think, " Cookie Masters" .  Not sure, it is Cookie something because they are masters of their Basset Hound, Cookie.

We also had a great time even though we missed some of the other members (i.e., Red-Neff, 6 Quigs, Sammyslave, etc.).  We were dissappointed that we didn t get to see 6 Quigs half-a-hybred.  I also noticed that everyone left before a group picture was taken,  AND YES, it is a first not having a group picture![:(]

Thanks again, PC Mom, for organizing the Rally.

Joan

HEY, that was a flip![:D]

pcmom

Calstate361I finally got photos uploaded:  http://www.pbase.com/pcmom/i_scream_rally

I hope you enjoy them.

Joan.....your neighbors were Cookie s Campers

Red neff Barchetta

Calstate361Michelle -
 Great pic s.!
 LOL at your spare tire cover.  It s a nice cover, but I m laughing because one of the things we cringe at about visiting Amy s Dad (in Redding) is his birds (parrots & parakeets).  They are dirty, nasty, & just plain mean!  Crap everywhere, dive bomb you, and try and eat toes!  We stay at a motel because of his %&*%$#! birds, ha.  No joke.
 If you have some I hope you don t torture your relatives with them, lol.

Seriously though, thanks for the pic s.!

Oh, and thanks alot for bringing up painful memories for me!

pcmom

Red neff Barchetta

Quote(parrots & parakeets).  They are dirty, nasty, & just plain mean!  Crap everywhere, dive bomb you, and try and eat toes!  

If you have some I hope you don t torture your relatives with them, lol.

Oh, and thanks alot for bringing up painful memories for me!

Nope, we don t have any birds - thankfully!  Goldfish and a dog are enough animals for me.[:D][:D]

QuoteOh, and thanks alot for bringing up painful memories for me!

You re very welcome[8D]

Red neff Barchetta