RE: " I Scream Rally" Collins Lake Oct. 10-12

Started by SactoCampers, Jul 10, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteUnfortunately I m going to have to pull my very first " Sacto"  and bow out of this rally.

We ll miss you [:)]  Are you going to be at the Get Lucky By The Lake Rally?  I m  hoping to meet everyone at Tahoe and/or Collins Lake.

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomMichelle -
 Yes we will be at the Tahoe rally, although my DW can t make it so " getting lucky"  will apply to " I ll be lucky to get some rest chasing the kids around all day" , lol.
 Can t wait to meet you there!

pcmom

pcmomHello Everyone,

I know we are all planning on what food we will be taking to the " Get Lucky By The Lake Rally"  ; however, don t forget there is still time to sign up for the " I Scream Rally"  [:D] [:D]

We have 12 families registered to attend so far - so who else is coming???[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Calstate361

pcmompcmom,  Larry (Sammyslave) told me at  the Half Dome Hijinx that he was going to come to this one, but I see he has not posted that yet.  We all hope he does, it s not the same without Larry and Rita (and their cooking).  [:D]

Joan

pcmom

pcmomHello Everyone,

I received a call from Collins Lake reservations on Sunday verifying our sites, etc.  I know that each of you have called, paid deposit, and chose your site; however, they would like to know what trailers (length) each of us have so that they can ensure that our rigs will fit in the site chosen.

So, can each of you that have reserved a site (see below), email me with:
     your name (I only know most of you by user id s):
     type of trailer:
     length of trailer:
     site #:

Also, they would like to release the sites we do not need.  So the deadline for reserving our secured sites is Wed. Sept 24 (I gave us a couple of days to return from Tahoe [:)]).  After this day, you can still make reservations but you may not be near the group[:o]

I ve posted below the sites reserved and sites available.

Here are the 13 sites currently reserved:

108-RTurner
 109-CA Girl
 110-champ521
 111-ckkevin
 112-ckkevin
 115-Clueless in Sacramento
 116-pcmom (wagonmaster)
 118-6Quigs
 122-Hybrid Holly
 126-The Memory Maker
 128-Calstates
 129-abbear
      -Sammyslave

These sites are still available:  

Lakefront sites $35/night: 114, 124

Non-Lakefront sites $29/night:  103, 105, 106, 107, 120, 127,

See map at:  http://www.collinslake.com/home/mapce.html

Each person will need to call Collins Lake directly to reserve their specific site (from above).  1-800-286-0576

When you call, tell them to look at the reservation under " Van Gent"  (my last name) and then to look in the " COMMENTS"  section. This states to allow others to reserve sites not already taken within the 20.

Calstate361

pcmomHEY, that was a FLIP!!!!

Name:  Sal Vasquez & Joan Lutz-Vasquez
 Type of Trailer:  Starcraft TravelStar 23RBS (Hybred)
 Length:  Approx. 23 ft.
 Site # 128

THANKS

Joan

6Quigs

Calstate361
QuoteLength: Approx. 23 ft.

Hey Joan,

I take it by the 23 feet you will not be opening the bunk ends on the Hybred that weekend[:D][;)][;)]

calstate360

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

QuoteLength: Approx. 23 ft.

Hey Joan,

I take it by the 23 feet you will not be opening the bunk ends on the Hybred that weekend[:D][;)][;)]

Hum
 Kevin don t ever ask her the size of the trailer.
 It s 23"  11"  closed.  27  5 1/2"  open.
 We changed sites after I told her the first one she picked was too short.[:)]
 According to their map site 128 is for a 30  long trailer.

SactoCampers

Calstate361Poor Joan. Man she s gettin  rabble roused BIG TIME.........I d come to her defense if she hadn t told my wife I was a NERD. Man, I was tryin  to keep that a secret from her. She used to think I was pretty cool.

Signed

The NERD

6Quigs

calstate360
QuoteIt s 23"  11"  closed. 27  5 1/2"  open.

So Sal,
 will you be only opening one bunk end this weekend???
 Acording to the Starcraft website the open length of a 23RBS is 29 4" [;)][;)]
 http://www.starcraftrv.com/2003/lightweight/travelstar.html

Sorry Sal, but I just couldn t resist[&:]

Michelle, they are still fine in the 30 foot site.
 The only ones I would worry about are ckkevin & his friend.
 Both of their sites have a max. trailer size of 24 .

ckkevin

6Quigs
QuoteMichelle, they are still fine in the 30 foot site.

Michelle,

I sent an e-mail to you just now with all the info.  Both of the sites should be fine for our trailers.  

Besides, I kind of wanted a bunk end to stick out over the water[;)]

calstate360

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

QuoteIt s 23"  11"  closed. 27  5 1/2"  open.

So Sal,
 will you be only opening one bunk end this weekend???
 Acording to the Starcraft website the open length of a 23RBS is 29 4" [;)][;)]
 http://www.starcraftrv.com/2003/lightweight/travelstar.html

Sorry Sal, but I just couldn t resist[&:]

Michelle, they are still fine in the 30 foot site.

That s a 2003 model ours is a 2002.[8D]

SactoCampersGEEZZZ, you guys, I stay home from work, with a bad headache (no not Sal[;)]) and you all RR me behind my back.  I was trying to sleep and I hear Sal laughing in his computer room so I have to ask him what was so funny.   AND IT S YOU GUYS RRing ME!!!!

I distinctly remember Sal telling me that the Trailer is 23 ft. long, I just forgot that it was when the bunks were closed up.  Don t you all know that the RBS means " Rectracted Bunk Size" ?  [;)]

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Poor Joan. Man she s gettin  rabble roused BIG TIME.........I d come to her defense if she hadn t told my wife I was a NERD. Man, I was tryin  to keep that a secret from her. She used to think I was pretty cool.

Signed

The NERD

Sacto, I never directly called you a NERD.  AbDiver s DW, your DW, and I were sitting watching AbDiver and the others closing up on Sunday at the Half Dome Hijinks when AbDiver s DW said that they won t be able to do any camping until after the holidays because their girls were very busy with Scoccer.  Your DW said that she hopes SacToddler will be able to get involved in sports like she did when she was growing up.  She then told us that since your Dad was a Pediatrician, that he didn t let you play anything and you were known as the kid with glasses who read all the books.   So I just made the statement " so he was kind of nerdy"  and she said " yes" .   SEE, I didn t call you a NERD directly and I m sorry to tell you, but I think she already figured that out.   But thanks for the round-about support anyway.  Don t worry, I was kind of a NERD also.   I still read a lot of books, and just have contacts now instead of glasses.

So, [: (], to you guys.   Just keep up the RR and I ll get even one of these days!

Joan

Calstate361

Calstate361That was me, I didn t realize that I was logged out.  Our systems here at work are the pitts!

Joan

SactoCampers

QuoteSacto, I never directly called you a NERD.  AbDiver s DW, your DW, and I were sitting watching AbDiver and the others closing up on Sunday at the Half Dome Hijinks when AbDiver s DW said that they won t be able to do any camping until after the holidays because their girls were very busy with Scoccer.  Your DW said that she hopes SacToddler will be able to get involved in sports like she did when she was growing up.  She then told us that since your Dad was a Pediatrician, that he didn t let you play anything and you were known as the kid with glasses who read all the books.   So I just made the statement " so he was kind of nerdy"  and she said " yes" .   SEE, I didn t call you a NERD directly and I m sorry to tell you, but I think she already figured that out.   But thanks for the round-about support anyway.  Don t worry, I was kind of a NERD also.   I still read a lot of books, and just have contacts now instead of glasses.

So, [: (], to you guys.   Just keep up the RR and I ll get even one of these days!

Joan

OH, I see, Mrs. Sacto went around fabricating stories about me with glasses and reading books! I should have known better. See, she always twists stories around and misstates (usually exaggerates) the facts by a magnitude of one. For example, if the drive felt long and it took 3 hours, she will tell you it took 4 hours. If the drive home was short and took 3 hours, she will tell you it took 2. If while camping I m on my third beer, she thinks I m on my fourth. If something is on sale for $29.99, she says she got it for 20 bucks (actually, that s more than a magnitude of one, but I just brought it up to illustrate her logic). I don t even think she realizes she does this [;)]. But I guess it does make for a better story.

So in my defense, it s not true. I didn t wear glasses until I was 15 and only for a couple of months because I couldn t stand them, so I switched to contacts. Have had them ever since. And I did play sports...played basketball all my life, including all four years in high school. However, I didn t play the others competitively, like soccer, baseball, or football. I wanted to play football, but (and here s where the pediatrician father part came in) they wouldn t let me because of the injuries he had to treat.

I guess I am kina nerdy now. No sense in trying to hang on to my glory years when I could run like a rabbit and jump like a deer. The knees and legs just don t work like they used to.  I remember being 16-17 years old playing ball at the athletic club, running circles around and making fun of all the " old men" . Now I am one.

And Yes, Sactotoddler *will* be a soccer stud just like her mom (actually, only if she wants to). Unfortunately, when that time comes, camping will probably become less frequent.

So no problem Joan, anytime you want half-hearted conditional support, I m here for you.[;)]

Signed,

The NERD