News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Winter Rally

Started by g-whiz, Jul 10, 2003, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Now that our summer mega rally is past we should start thinking about our winter mega rally.  I m thinking it should be on the cost or in the valley since there is snow in February.  Lets start throwing out some ideas.  How about somewhere in Monterey county to make travel time good for both NorCal and SoCal folks?  Maybe Lake San Antonio http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/sanantonio.htm .

We just need a wagonmaster to start planning and advertising.

Just so we have some info available for San Anotnio I called them about group reservations

It would be $21.00 per night if we have 10 or more sign ups.  This is for full hook ups. (she said some have water/elec./sewer and some just water/elec.)  With 10 or more signups we get free use of the Oak Room which is a meeting hall w/ kitchen facilities.
 Good thing is only deposit required is $40.00 for the whole deal.  Payment in full is due 30 days in advance.  They do require a wagonmaster to collect funds and give them one check.

g-whiz

NickWell, you brought it up Nick and you started the thread.  [:D]  I think that is kind of how you become a wagonmaster! [;)]

Nick

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

Well, you brought it up Nick and you started the thread.  [:D]  I think that is kind of how you become a wagonmaster! [;)]

I did the last winter rally.  I was just making a suggestion to whoever wants to wagonmaster.

g-whiz

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Well, you brought it up Nick and you started the thread.  [:D]  I think that is kind of how you become a wagonmaster! [;)]

I did the last winter rally.  I was just making a suggestion to whoever wants to wagonmaster.

And you did such a great job with the other one, and I m sure everyone will agree with me, that you are just the guy for the job! [:D]

Nick

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

And you did such a great job with the other one, and I m sure everyone will agree with me, that you are just the guy for the job! [:D]

What do you think about having it at Lake San Antonio?

Cottonwooder

g-whizCareful, G, he might turn the tables on you and have you be the wagonmaster, LOL!

Re. Lake San Antonio, after you turn off the highway it s about another 45 minutes of driving on a terribly narrow, twisty road.  Only the company of other NNCers would make us go again.  [:)]  The only other thing in the Paso Robles area is that private RV park, I think.

g-whiz

NickI ve never been there but the web site looks nice.  It s a real lake!  Like people can actually touch the water.  I ve never camped at a real lake in California.  And Monterey County!  Must be some good wineries around! [;)]  If not, then I can always bring my last bottle of Simply Red! [8D]

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Careful, G, he might turn the tables on you and have you be the wagonmaster, LOL!

Re. Lake San Antonio, after you turn off the highway it s about another 45 minutes of driving on a terribly narrow, twisty road.  Only the company of other NNCers would make us go again.  [:)]  The only other thing in the Paso Robles area is that private RV park, I think.

We only wagonmaster the in-between rallies.  I think Scott would have one every weekend if at all possible.  45 minutes of twisty roads is nothing after Snug Harbor.  Right Dianne? [;)]

RTurner

NickHey Nick,
 So glad you are facilitating this exciting new rally!!!!!!! LOL

We use to spend every other weekend at San Antonio skiing in the summer.  We always camping in the open area (w/o hookups) so that we could just jump in the boat from shore.  Nice place although it s been a while since we ve been there.

Were you thinking about North shore or the other end by Nacimento?  I don t recall off hand any curvy roads coming in from King City area, but then again I was a teenager and only cared about getting there.
 Looking forward to hearing when the trip will be.

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteWe only wagonmaster the in-between rallies.
Which would be this one, LOL!

QuoteWere you thinking about North shore or the other end by Nacimento? I don t recall off hand any curvy roads coming in from King City area,
The one we went to with the curvy road was the South Shore.  I don t recall coming in from King City.  The South Shore we went to is huge (so big you pretty much had to drive everywhere, e.g. store, beach, etc.), and the specific area we were in would be a good place for a rally.  OK, I just scanned and hoisted a couple of maps we have (no, I m not WMing this one)...

[link=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rnkmom/vwp?.dir=/Camping&.dnm=Map+1.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t]Site Location Map[/link]  <--(we stayed in Redonda Vista A1-15, which was right by the bathrooms)
 [link=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rnkmom/vwp?.dir=/Camping&.dnm=Map+2.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t]Driving Map[/link]

Nick

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteWe only wagonmaster the in-between rallies.
Which would be this one, LOL!

QuoteWere you thinking about North shore or the other end by Nacimento? I don t recall off hand any curvy roads coming in from King City area,
The one we went to with the curvy road was the South Shore.  I don t recall coming in from King City.  The South Shore we went to is huge (so big you pretty much had to drive everywhere, e.g. store, beach, etc.), and the specific area we were in would be a good place for a rally.  OK, I just scanned and hoisted a couple of maps we have (no, I m not WMing this one)...

[link=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rnkmom/vwp?.dir=/Camping&.dnm=Map+1.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t]Site Location Map[/link]  <--(we stayed in Redonda Vista A1-15, which was right by the bathrooms)
 [link=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rnkmom/vwp?.dir=/Camping&.dnm=Map+2.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t]Driving Map[/link]

This must be where the lady was talking about cause she said we would get the Oak Room which is in loop E

6Quigs

NickOur Maiden trip in our new Niagara 2 years ago was to Lake San Antonio.
 We stayed at a full hook up site, but have since returned twice, and both times have dry camped beside the lake.
 Of course this was in the summer, and the kids just lived in the water.
 We have always stayed at the north shore campsite.
 The drive there was not bad, <3 hours from the Bay area, and the last 45 minutes are on a 2 lane road, but was not excessively hilly or twisty.

Hybrid Holly

NickI camped there in May for the Wildflower triathlon.  The drive from Davis with camper was about 4 1/2 hours (not at rush hour)...Sunday night back took close to 6.  The main campgrounds are great, although it was pouring down rain, so it was very muddy!  

How about repeating Del Valle or Lake Chabot.......they would be more centrally located...at least for Northern California people...

Cottonwooder

Hybrid Holly
Quotethey would be more centrally located...at least for Northern California people...

This kind of self-contradiction sounds like another type of ATT, LOL![:D]

Nick

NickHow about Lake Berryessa?