News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Camping supply list

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jul 13, 2003, 11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greetings fellow pop ups!  I can t remember which club forum I visited last year, but I found a print out list someone had made of things to remember to pack for a pop up camping trip.  It was pretty indepth, things to leave on board, and things to take just for the trip.  If anyone has something like this, I d really appreciate them sharing with me!  It was certainly helpful for someone like me who usually forgets something!

Many thanks!
 Meri-Kate
 emm-kay@cogeco.ca

p.s. I read your inquiry, Pilar, about different trailers.  We ve got a 2001 Starcraft Spacemaker I believe it is.  We love it!  Slide out dinette, cassette toilet and shower, not a ton of storage, but we love it!  We have 2 small kids and love having the toilet inside for the evenings or emergencies.  We bring a couple of plastic drawer towers for extra storage for kids clothes, toys etc. and it works out great.  We did get the add a screen room, and although it s a bit tricky to attach, we use it and it s a great asset in rainy weather!  The only real problem we ve had is the slide out dinette....the small metal thingys that hang onto the canvas roof don t work all that well and there aren t very many of them, so the canvas roof would pop out frequently.  It s hard to explain, but it s not as serious as it sounds.  The roof is still attached to the unit, just drooping down and open a bit at the corners a bit.  My dh made some more metal " L"  shaped thingys and now that we have more up there it seems to be holding the canvas much better.  We also have the storage trunk in the front, and have the anti sway bar, so travelling is a breeze!

Hope that s helpful!

Red neff Barchetta

GuestMeri Kate -
 Welcome!
 What part of CA are you from?

Off the top of my head, here is a camping list from tim5055;
 http://www.title-3.com/Camping_Checklist.htm

Although if you start a thread or do a search here at PUT or over at PUX you will find many different lists.

GuestHi Jeff....sorry, I should have mentioned I m not from CA.  I m from CAnada!  LOL  Ontario.  Thank you for your help!  I really appreciate it!  I didn t think you d mind if I asked!

Meri-Kate

Red neff Barchetta

GuestMeri-Kate -
 Heck no we don t mind!  Glad you stopped in.
 Btw, most of the Canadian PU ers have moved over to PUX.  There is a bunch of them from Ontario like Oz, Shelley, CDNBayside (I think), GeoDude (I think), etc...
 See you around aye!

You ll be glad to know that I have contributed mightly to your economy with music purchases over the years.  Rush (of course!), Triumph, Bryan Adam s, April Wine, Bob & Doug McKenzie, etc...

Ab Diver

GuestWell, Meri-Kate, since your from Canada, at least you can delete one item from your camping list... an extra tri-tip for Surfcal. [;)]

BTW: Welcome to Pop-Up Times!

Red neff Barchettahee hee hee...okay Jeff, here s your laugh for the day.  What s PUX?

Bob and Doug McKenzie?  I ve not heard about them in a while!  LOL  What memories!  I did " take off...to the great white north"  a couple of years ago with my family and my father and grandfather.  What a great trip that was.  North of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.  Beauty eh?!

Oh, I ll have you know I ve also contributed to your economy with my own music purchases over the years as well....Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Foreigner, Bad Company, Billy Squire, Journey, Jesse Cook, (he s American, right??) Three Doors Down...and the beat goes on....!!![:D]

Meri-Kate

Ab DiverHUH?  A whoozy for a whatzit?  LOL  Must be a California-kinda thing!  

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Meri-Kate

6Quigs

QuoteWhat s PUX?
That s Pop up Explorer
 http://www.coastexplorer.com/popupexplorer/

And Neff, only members can do a search on PUT[:@]

Red neff Barchetta

GuestHere s an even quicker link;
 http://www.coastexplorer.com/popupexplorer/forum

And thanks Kevin, I forgot about the no guest s allowed policy here.

Nice musical taste Meri-Kate.  Although I think Paul Rogers and Bad Company are from England.  See you around!

birol

GuestIt drives me nuts that most Canadians are at Popupexplorer [:@][&:] I wanna be wit my fellow canucks but I also love PUT people !

pcmom

GuestMeri-Kate,

Here is a link to another camping list:  http://law.slu.edu/liz/camping/  It is pretty inclusive.  I specifically like the pre-travel check list for us.  It reminds us to check " everything"  before we leave.

Good luck!