News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Renaming Threads

Started by Hybrid Holly, Jan 14, 2003, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Now that we have our own area, can we agree NOT to rename the SUBJECT line in a thread.  For example, the thread that started with Negative Buoyancy Rally, went through these configurations because people changed the NAME in the SUBJECT LINE.

Started with " Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally ... "  by Red
 I changed the subject to " Four and a Half Pounds of KAZOOS"
 Brian added " SactoCampers is on board... "
 Nick put in the subject " Food"
 Nick then added " Free Sinatra Friday! "
 Ray went with " Larry s Name Competition... "  and then " On Chabot attendance... "  and then " On Dixie Dregs"
 Nick added " Chabot"
 Sacto with " Negative Buoyancy"

If one REPLIES to the icon in a message, the new message will contain the subject of the message you are replying to.  I haven t figured out exactly how the subject is chosen if one clicks on the POST REPLY icon on the bottom of the page.

And the problem I see is that when I use the POSTS SINCE LAST VISIT option, I can get three or four different subjects that have been replied to....ALL leading to the same thread.  This also makes it hard to remember which thread contains which topics.

So, I offer this suggestion.  Please don t change the SUBJECT in the thread.  If you have a different topic you want to discuss, please start a NEW THREAD.  Do you think this is a good idea?

gsm x2

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2On this topic, I want to change the Title of the Delta Rally.  Do I have to contact PUT to change the Forum title?

Nick

gsm x2Holly,
 I think I can change it.  What do you want it to be?

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2Mike,
 No one seemed offended by the " AXE me about my weekend"  Rally, so let s go with it.... can it be:
  " AXE me about my weekend"  Rally - Snug Harbor (3/21-3/23)

Holly

Nick

gsm x2Ok Holly,
 If you notice your Rally name has been changed.

Hybrid Holly

SactoCampers

Hybrid HollyI agree, I can t stand it when people rename the threads! [:@] Drives me MAD I tell ya!![:@][:@][;)]

Who else hates it when people rename threads?! [8D]

Nick

gsm x2It really buggs me too.  [:@]  I don t know why people have to do that just makes me sick.[: (][:)]

SactoCampers

NickI just can t understand why somebody would do something like that. [:(][&:][8D]

Nick

SactoCampersGo figure[>:]

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Who else hates it when people rename threads?! [8D]

I care little about it (NOT), I really hate when the needles get changed though!!!!!

SactoCampers I hope that you get the " point" .

Surfcal

gsm x2Absolutely rude to change thread names for someone.  It s like,

- Bussing someone s plate while they re still eating
 - Pulling away before someone s completely in the car
 - Walking away while in the middle of a conversation

Now who in this group would do something like that?

Surfcal

The Memory Maker

gsm x2I m O.K. with not changing the subject...

The Memory Maker

gsm x2sorry Scott
 I just had to....

Surfcal

The Memory MakerSurfcal