News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Coleman

Started by ckkevin, Jul 22, 2003, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Dont know if anyone has heard this yet but it looks like Fleetwood will no longer be manufacturing the Coleman PU.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/output.cfm?ID=217279

ckkevin

6Quigs

NickThey have been discussing this over in the Campfire section today

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=39399&p=1&tmode=1

Funny how over there, just like here, it was brought up by a non-coleman owner[;)][;)]

Looks like Fleetwood is still going to make them, they just have some legal issues to work out[&:]

Nick

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Funny how over there, just like here, it was brought up by a non-coleman owner[;)][;)]

I have nothing against Coleman, just thought those who do own them might find it interesting.

griffsmom

NickIf Fleetwood is going to continue making Colemans while being sued by Coleman, I m not sure I d want to buy a " bad blood"  camper from them right now! [&:]

birol

NickI don t think I am ever buying a colamen after reading all the stories and what happened to OZ&US .....

champ521

birolI guess it s a good thing that I already have one.

QuoteI don t think I am ever buying a colamen after reading all the stories and what happened to OZ&US .....

The reason you read all the stories about Coleman is that it is the most popular brand and there are so many more out there than the other brands. I don t know about Oz&Us, but I have had nothing but great service from my dealer.

griffsmom

champ521

QuoteORIGINAL:  champ521
 I don t know about Oz&Us, but I have had nothing but great service from my dealer.

Me too.  It just underscores how critical it is to buy from a good dealer.

Red neff Barchetta

NickI will say that I sure am glad I ve got the ABS roof with the roof brace (same as Lori/Griffsmom & Champ521/Dave s new roof).  We have no problems whatsoever and I sure like the 1-piece roof as opposed to the new Alumatite roof with a seam.
 Other than a few annoying things, we are also very happy with our Coleman.

Red neff Barchetta

NickAnd I have a horrible (!!!!!!) dealer, but a terrific PU mechanic.

griffsmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

I will say that I sure am glad I ve got the ABS roof with the roof brace (same as Lori/Griffsmom & Champ521/Dave s new roof).  We have no problems whatsoever and I sure like the 1-piece roof as opposed to the new Alumatite roof with a seam.
 Other than a few annoying things, we are also very happy with our Coleman.

I agree with you, Neff.  For as much as people have dissed the ABS roof, we have the " subsequent remedial measures"  Coleman made to the original ABS roof, i.e., the roof brace, and haven t had a stitch of problems with it.  I much prefer it to the seamed alumatite roof.  Of course, now I ll have to go sacrifice something to the ABS roof gods so that I dont  jinx myself!  [;)][:D]

tlhdoc

NickFor all of you with the ABS roof and brace, it could happen at anytime.  My 10 foot ABS roof with the brace went this past year when it was 4 years old.  I have a good dealer.  It is Fleetwood that charged me $300 shipping for my free roof.  Oh by the way I only live 2 hours from the factory and they will not let you pick up your free roof.