RE: Nick-Neff-Cough website (Northern California)

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 15, 2003, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

6Quigspcmom -
 We can t make it either of those w/e s, but remember, we live where we get to camp every single month of the year.  Gotta love it!  I know I appreciate living here.
 Why not an October rally up your way since the Tahoe rally in September is currently the last month planned?
 We have a w/e booked in October, but I know I can move it so we re open for any w/e that month as of now.
 That s where the Barchetta s stand anyway.

pcmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Why not an October rally up your way since the Tahoe rally in September is currently the last month planned?

Hello Jeff,

That s a great idea!  However, in October we would probably have to eliminate Lassen National Park.  I think late September is when they shut down the water and some of the campgrounds will already be closed.  We were just there and there is a LOT of snow at the base of Mount Lassen.  I ll be posting some pictures on my site in the next day or so - but the snow was as high as the bathrooms in the parking lot!  The other downfall of October is weather - could be hotter than heck or pouring rain!

Any of the lakes would still work........so any other takers????  I m thinking October 4th or maybe 11th.

pcmom

Red neff Barchetta

pcmom -
 Looks like somewhere around 325 miles and probably just over 6 hours of driving with the curvy roads and traffic.
 How about arriving Wednesday or Thursday and leaving on Saturday afternoon?

Glad to hear you ve got your van trouble straightened out!

This is a possibility except that the kids would miss the " meet-the-teacher day"  etc. for school.  I have to talk to my husband some more about it.  But hey, I just bought the National Parks Pass, so we might as well use it [:D]

SactoCampers

pcmom
QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

I know I am " new"  to the group but is anyone interested in attending a rally up in the Redding area.  I am thinking Lassen Park/Hat Creek; Shasta Lake; Trinity Lake; or Lake Siskiyou.

Looking at my calendar, the weekend of August 16th or 30th (labor day weekend) are the only weekends this summer that I could do it - so if anyone is interested let me know and we can brainstorm together.  Otherwise, maybe we can plan one for next summer [:)] [:)] [:)]

I don t know about that far north for a weekend, but Rojana (RTurner) and I have been milling the idea of a rally at Collins Lake:

http://www.collinslake.com/home/welcome.html

Mrs. Sacto was thinking (hoping?) maybe in October. It s off highway 20, so would possibly be a reasonable drive for you (2.5-3 hrs) and for the Bay Areaites (about the same distance). Of course, we have also rallied at Woodson Bridge area where there s an RV park and a State Park, so we could repeat that location if others were interested.  But since I just wagonmastered the Gold Rush Rally, I m wagonmastered out for the year (and I don t want to dictate rally locations), but if folks are interested in the Collins Lake idea, I bet Rojana could be persuaded to wagonmaster that one!

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaBrian makes a good point.  Collins Lake is a little easier for the overwhelming majority to travel to.  Woodson Bridge was a tough (long) drive for some.
 The w/e of 10/11 sounds good.  I think 10/4 would be a little too close after the Tahoe rally (9/20) for some.
 Just some thoughts.

SactoCampers

Red neff BarchettaThe weekend of 10/11 should work for us too! [:)][;)]

Red neff Barchetta

Mike/Nick -
 The buttons look great!  I like the font and slate look as well as the rectangle shape.
 One weird thing is that when you are on the home page, then the " home"  button is the old oval style.

Hey Jeff,
 Try hitting your refreash or clearing your cache.  The old button is not even stored on the server any longer so should not be viewable.  My home button is like the rest both on my work and home computer.

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Mike/Nick -
 The buttons look great!  I like the font and slate look as well as the rectangle shape.
 One weird thing is that when you are on the home page, then the " home"  button is the old oval style.

Hey Jeff,
 Try hitting your refreash or clearing your cache.  The old button is not even stored on the server any longer so should not be viewable.  My home button is like the rest both on my work and home computer.

Yeah dude, clear your freakin  cache! [8D] I have no problems with the buttons. Good job Nick!

Nick

SactoCampersI pulled an Otter![8D]

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaThanks!
 Now I m all squared (or is that rectangled) away.
 Looks great!

Damn!  Have to go to work now.

pcmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

I don t know about that far north for a weekend, but Rojana (RTurner) and I have been milling the idea of a rally at Collins Lake:

http://www.collinslake.com/home/welcome.html

Mrs. Sacto was thinking (hoping?) maybe in October. It s off highway 20, so would possibly be a reasonable drive for you (2.5-3 hrs) and for the Bay Areaites (about the same distance).

Well, the weekend of 10/11 looks like it works well for us too.  So Rojana, are you going to wagonmaster a Collins Lake rally ? [:D]  I ve never heard of Collins Lake but it looks like fun and will be a nice break for the kids.

Maybe we can plan a Rally in my neck of the woods for next summer when it might be easier for everyone to make the long drive.  I would be happy to help coordinate it.

Oh, maybe the Collins Lake rally should be called the " Ice Cream Cone"  rally since it was mentioned that they have the best ones and even their web site mentions it too [:)][:)]

SactoCampers

pcmom
QuoteOh, maybe the Collins Lake rally should be called the " Ice Cream Cone"  rally since it was mentioned that they have the best ones and even their web site mentions it too [:)][:)]

Apparently you haven t familiarized yourself with Nick-Neff-Cough bylaws [;)]. Specifically, Bylaw #8.  Be it known to you that it is the wagonmaster s responsibility to name the rally. So I guess you just volunteered yourself. [;)][8D].

pcmom

SactoCampers

Apparently you haven t familiarized yourself with Nick-Neff-Cough bylaws [;)]. Specifically, Bylaw #8.  Be it known to you that it is the wagonmaster s responsibility to name the rally. So I guess you just volunteered yourself. [;)][8D].

[:o] oh no, what did I do....what was I thinking[:o]

hummmmm a wagonmaster for a place that I ve never even heard of........So what does a wagonmaster do? (my hubby may not be thrilled with me taking on " another"  project[:D][:D])

SactoCampers

pcmom
QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

[:o] oh no, what did I do....what was I thinking[:o]

hummmmm a wagonmaster for a place that I ve never even heard of........So what does a wagonmaster do? (my hubby may not be thrilled with me taking on " another"  project[:D][:D])

Okay, PCMom, I ll help you out. A little " Wagonmastering 101"  for ya:

1.) Start a new thread titled " Collins Lake Rally?"  on the NNC forum, rather than highjacking Nick s website thread [;)][8D].

2.) Gauge interest to see if enough people want to go. I think we have enough even for a mini-rally.

3.) Call up Collins Lake Resort and inquire about their group reservation policies. Specifically, discounted sites(?), grouping us together, hookups, other facilities, fun things to do.

4.) I recommend you reserve about 15 sites but ask them if they can be flexible if more want to come and also remember to scrub sites back to the campground in case we are way under that amount and when they need that information. Some campgrounds are very flexible, others are pretty strict with these kinds of arrangements. It s always better to overreserve and scrub sites back, than underreserve and have to turn people away.

5.) Determine what kind of reservation system you want to do. That is, do you want the campground to block out the sites and handle all the reservations, or do you want the group to write checks to you? Admittedly, it s easier if you have the campground handle it, but if they offer a significant discount then you may want to handle the reservations yourself.

6.) Find out what kind of deposit they require, if any. Determine whether you want to front that deposit for the group, or front it and have each of us pay our portion of the deposit to you. I recommend you first try to negotiate no deposit and if that s not possible just front it for the group. We won t leave you shorthanded. My mistake at Gold Rush was requesting a deposit from everyone. That and then the final balance payments caused problems with front-office employee " NAOMI"  at 49er Village. But then again, it appears she has issues that require professional help.

That s about it. Nothing too dramatic. Just set up the reservations, tell us what we need to do, and be the general information source for the rally and we re good to go! [:)] Hopefully others will be willing to make the drive.

Nick

Red neff BarchettaYou forgot one important item Sacto.

7.) Mediate between two campers who take each others spot.[;)]