RE: Nick-Neff-Cough website (Northern California)

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 15, 2003, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampersHey, does anyone notice what happens when you " mouse-over"  Upcoming Events button on the Cougher site?  The thing actually changes the spelling of the word....now how can a " mouse-over"  do that?    Am I the ONLY one to notice that?  Why hasn t ANYONE mentioned it up to now?  [;)][;)][;)][8D]  Come on...cough it up!!!!![;)]j/k neff, take it easy on me, will ya??? You too Sacto! And...OK everyone!!!

Hapie Spelin  <><

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

Hey, does anyone notice what happens when you " mouse-over"  Upcoming Events button on the Cougher site?  The thing actually changes the spelling of the word....now how can a " mouse-over"  do that?    Am I the ONLY one to notice that?  Why hasn t ANYONE mentioned it up to now?  [;)][;)][;)][8D]  Come on...cough it up!!!!![;)]j/k neff, take it easy on me, will ya??? You too Sacto! And...OK everyone!!!

Hapie Spelin  <><

Of course none of us see a change in spelling and that is why no one has mentioned it.  Exactly what it is you see when you do the " mouse-over" .  Perhaps we can help with your little problem. [;)]

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaCWB:

It s another eccentricity, brought to you by the members of NNC and people like you.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Civil_War_Buff
Quotetake it easy on me, will ya??? You too Sacto!

Not a chance!

QuoteAm I the ONLY one to notice that?

No.

QuoteWhy hasn t ANYONE mentioned it up to now?

They have. And we ve also brought up that some of the " mouseover"  buttons are different colors. Where have you been? You re not all up in arms about THAT!! [;)][8D]

Actually, the reason this happens is because they are two different JPEGs (" pictures" ). Mike misspelled one of them. He needs to recreate the misspelled button, upload it to Tripod, and then replace the old one with it. It s not simply a matter of changing the spelling like you would text.

Nick

Red neff BarchettaHey everyone!  Feels like weeks since I ve posted on this.  Got back from Olema and work just took off.  Plus I ve had some lingering flu thing going on so when I do get home I crash.  

Anyway, I will fix the stinken button today so you will quit whining about it.[;)]

SactoCampers

Nick
QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Hey everyone!  Feels like weeks since I ve posted on this.  Got back from Olema and work just took off.  Plus I ve had some lingering flu thing going on so when I do get home I crash.  

Anyway, I will fix the stinken button today so you will quit whinning about it.[;)]

Nick,

We re like referees in the NFL, the only time people notice us is when there s something wrong! We get no respect I tell ya! [;)][;)][8D][8D]

And who talked me into adding that dancing welcome sign??!!

gsm x2

SactoCampers
QuoteWe re like referees in the NFL, the only time people notice us is when there s something wrong! We get no respect I tell ya!    

The reason I didn t mention it is because I know how annoyed I get when I am doing something out of the goodness of my heart and then someone wants to get picky about it.  Makes me want to say things like, " I ll fix the stinking button TODAY."

So to Mike and Sacto, I just want to say, " Thanks for everything you do with that page.  Every time I visit it I am impressed at how much there is, especially considering that you have to resort to Tripod software to maintain it.  So great job and if I have to read a mispelling or chase a button around the screen a bit....hey, pretty cool and definitely NNCish."

gsm x2

SactoCampers

gsm x2Thanks Scott. But just so everybody is clear, I was kidding. Though I still have no idea how I got talked into adding a dancing welcome sign to the site. Was I DRUNK?[&:] [8D]

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaActually Sacto--it was Nick that made the comment:

QuoteAnyway, I will fix the stinken button today so you will quit whinning about it.  

upcomming
 whinning

Does anyone else recognize that Nick may have problems on when to use double or single constanants.

come = coming
 whine = whining

I could get into the " rule on when you drop the e and add a single or double constanant" , but come/coming is an exception so I would probably end up screwwing the whole thing up.

gsm x2

Nick

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Thanks Scott. But just so everybody is clear, I was kidding. Though I still have no idea how I got talked into adding a dancing welcome sign to the site. Was I DRUNK?[&:] [8D]

I like that dancing welcome sign as much as I liked the original cursor chaser.[:D]
 Now if I can get the system to let me edit the non-working welcome video.  Stinkin Tripod software.[:@]

SactoCampers

gsm x2
QuoteActually Sacto--it was Nick that made the comment:

quote:

Anyway, I will fix the stinken button today so you will quit whinning about it.

I KNOW! I was saying I was kidding about not getting respect and that we only get noticed when something was wrong.

And while I m at it SCOTT, since you re nitpicking, it s dissertation not discertation.
 [8D][8D][:D][8D][8D]

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Actually, the reason this happens is because they are two different JPEGs (" pictures" ). Mike misspelled one of them. He needs to recreate the misspelled button, upload it to Tripod, and then replace the old one with it. It s not simply a matter of changing the spelling like you would text.

Oh I get it.  Here CWB OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF HIS LITTLE HEART points out a very minor inconsistency with the mouse-over and then I have to hear all this techno mumbo-jumbo[:)][:)]  This is becoming (with 1 m) a very touchy group ya know...I think that we need to go camping and relax.  As I see it, SactoCampers has not been camping in a while and listen to us Brian...it s starting to show!!  [;)][;)][&:]

Maybe a few calculations are in order to see just how often we " cough up"  a  minor issue and want to make sure that those with the the mental capacity and technical ability can add it to the list of tweaks to make when things get SO SLOW that they are looking for tasks to do to eliminate the boredom (should I have dropped the e here?).[&:][&:]

All is in jest and I want everyone to settle down and " feel the love" .

Nick is back now, so things can be fixed to surfcough s specifications and then maybe Kevin will let Brian alone!!![;)][:D]

Happie Cammpin  <><

Civil_War_Buff

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Anyway, I will fix the stinken button today so you will quit whining about it.[;)]

I think that the actual spelling is stinkin , not stinken...but maybe neff should double check......so, what you think Ray?
 However, whining was correct, right Kevin?

Toying with youz guys,

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaI m just happy to be here.  That s all I can say.

Surfcal

BTW CWB:

If you hover over certain buttons there is a little white rectangular box in the background. Check it out.

SactoCampers

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteHere CWB OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF HIS LITTLE HEART

Yeah, like we believe that. We you strangling poor little Arvee out of the kindness of your heart too??!!

Another website anomaly, if you hover over certain buttons there is a little white rectangular box in the background. I bet you probably never even noticed it.10 points if you can guess which ones they are. I planted that in there just to drive you nuts. It s like a primate research project: fix one " problem"  insert a new one and observe the primates  response. I m gonna keep planting little mines to keep you going crazy. Hmmm, maybe I ll make CWBs profile picture non-functioning. Or maybe something [link=http://nick-neff-cough.org/nnc/id37.html]ELSE[/link][8D][8D][8D][8D]? Hmmm, oh the things I could do...... [8D][8D]

QuoteDid you also detect that the Bulletin Board links went elsewhere? You might want to check it out.

Go ahead. I triple dog dare you.[:)]

[:D]